IGNORED

Who Could We Attract

One Team In Keynsham

There have been multiple threads in recent weeks on who should be getting shipped out come the January sales, and what GJ should do regarding assembling his squad. However, I don't recall seeing any thread on how we are supposed to realise the latter goal.

Sadly, the brutal facts are that we are an under-achieving club in a dire financial mess facing the real possibility of a slide to the Football League abyss. Do you think that makes us an attractive proposition to many players? Other than those seeking the comfort of relatively high wages for doing jack.

Sadly, the brutal facts are that we are an under-achieving club in a dire financial mess facing the real possibility of a slide to the Football League abyss. Do you think that makes us an attractive proposition to many players?

I agree BCFC wont have the pull it might have had a year or two ago. Huge expectation, massive pressure, impatient fans, lowly league position, big squad, blah blah.

I wonder if GJ will offer that pull though? New manager, building own team etc. Yeovil is an obvious target.

Sadly I think we might be limited to locals from the south west, and this isn't exactly a hotbed of the beautiful game is it.

Guest The Codfather 0312

Marcus Stewart did :dunno:

Yea because of the money and because Huddersfield saw sense and realised he was a pile of crap now and rovers couldn't afford him.

There are hundreds of good players in the lower leagues - and that is the scouts and Johnson's job.

You look at players like Paul Parry who joined Cardiff from Hereford, Nelson at Brentford who joined from Hucknall, - there are bargains to be found if the scouts are doing their job.

No more big time charlies thankyou...

Archived