IGNORED

Gary Johnson

Dolman_Stand

When he says "I know what is going to happen and I can't wait" this tells me things are already signed and sealed for January in terms of players coming in and going out what are your thoughts and have you heard any rumours

If he cant get the players he has now performing to a certain level,who the hell would want to come here? January is all you hear! Now is the time! these grenades he keeps throwing (has he got military experience)he should be making friends, this might help!

You've mentioned that a few times. Do you have a sauce?

Nope, don't have a source just putting a few things togther

-Johnson and Pahars are good friends from latvia days!

-We played there reserves the other week and got a feeling something happened between Redknapp and johnson over a discusion of a loan deal.

-Pahars needs to get fit and he aint going to do that by sitting on the bench for southampton.

-Also can play left or right midfield!

-Will add some vital experiance to are team!

Just fingers crossed would like to see him terrorise that shocking swindon defence next week! :city:

Guest Ronmeister

Just fingers crossed would like to see him terrorise that shocking swindon defence next week! :city:

Shocking? Mate you should look at Brsitol City. We have the worst defence in the Football league :city:

Got a feeling that we will be signing a big player this week on loan i.e Marian Pahars.. needs to get fit from southampton and can play right midfield!

there is definately some affinity between Harry and Gary. A friend of mine is close to Harry and knew of GJ's appointment a full 48 hours before it happened. see what i can find out.

When he says "I know what is going to happen and I can't wait" this tells me things are already signed and sealed for January in terms of players coming in and going out what are your thoughts and have you heard any rumours

eight are going,many changes to follow.

people must wait for GJ it not his fault,he is here to sort the mess out.

Guest alex1089

Gary will turn this club around, The bad times come before the good times just try and support your team and be patient. Johnson will bring the players and staff in to bring this club onwards and upwards. Johnson has superb tactics abroad and with managers such as Redknapp and Curbishley. He can get a decent player on loan just like that with the snap of his fingers and one phone call. He will bring the success and with the comments today that he knows we will be successfull it makes me feel a bit better from todays result.

Contacts abroad*

Guest alex1089

What a ###### esteemed dignitary! He will take us up and I am sure of this! He has told the players what should be said and the players don't care! An example of a manager who has done very well is Kenny Jacket, his team lost there first 5 or 6 matches as manager and look at the way they are going now! Give the bloke a chance, judge him in 15 months or so at least!

Before Johnson came here i thought he was a top manager and i still believe this but what really annoys me is that he says "don't judge me on this group of players". Well sorry Gary but we cant lose every game until January and then start to win a few. We know that he has very good contacts abroad and in this country but i wish he would stop asking us to wait until January. If he is that good a manager we should be at least be getting results against the likes of Notts County and Barnet.

I have no doubt that he will eventually come good but instead of throwing grenades all over the place and telling more home truths (how many do these players have) could he try and be more positive towards the players, i know its hard when we have lost five in a row but his tactic of slagging off players doesnt seem to motivate them like he thinks it should.

Its going to be a huge match on Friday night and i just hope that we can pull it off. I'm still undecided whether to go, i have never been to the County ground but do i really want to sit through 90 minutes of 2 teams playing rubbish football?

Sorry, but I completely disagree.

I think this bloke is a joke.

5 straight losses with 5 scored and 15 conceded - that must rank amongst the worst results we have ever had - can't be arsed to check as it's bad enough anyway.

Slagging the players off in public. Grenade my arse. Tell them to their faces Gary old son - don't "chuck a grenade" and then run to the media to tell everyone how clever you are or not, in this case.

This bloke will take us down.

The joke is the players, that the likes of you and I have contributed towards over recent years.

We were going down, that is a conclusion that the majority of City fans came to. Those of us that were at Swansea it certainly was. The two best performances this year have come under Gary Johnson as the fraudsters tried to prove it wasn't their fault.

He has told them to their faces what he thinks, that is why they are sulking becuase to use a Tinnion expression their used to "Having their backsides whiped". As players at BCFC a few of them are going to get used to living in the real world. One has gone to Torquay and others will quickly follow.

The joke is the players, that the likes of you and I have contributed towards over recent years.

We were going down, that is a conclusion that the majority of City fans came to. Those of us that were at Swansea it certainly was. The two best performances this year have come under Gary Johnson as the fraudsters tried to prove it wasn't their fault.

He has told them to their faces what he thinks, that is why they are sulking becuase to use a Tinnion expression their used to "Having their backsides whiped". As players at BCFC a few of them are going to get used to living in the real world. One has gone to Torquay and others will quickly follow.

I like the cut of your jib TFTF, the common denominator in our consistant failure is the players and the culture thats been allowed to fester for years.

I like the cut of your jib TFTF, the common denominator in our consistant failure is the players and the culture thats been allowed to fester for years.

Cheers, What I would like to see is everyone get behind Gary Johnson and every players regardless of ability that is going to give every thing for the shirt. But to let those know that are feeling sorry for themselves (because they have heard what they they don't want to hear) that it not acceptable.

They are the ones wearing the shirt, they are the ones taking the wages, they are the ones who are best placed to put it right! And if they don't then nobody should be surprised if they leave the club in January. Bringing in yet another manager to only come to the same conclusion in six monthe time, all be it as a second division club is not the way forward!

So booeing the players off is wrong but Johnson throwing a hand grenade in the dressing room is right?

True Bristol City :city:

It's not really a right and wrong scenario.

Fans are allowed to boo or applaud whenever they like. They've paid their money. I'm choosing not to boo because it wouldn't really make me feel any better, but if I wanted to i would.

On the other hand, telling the players that they're taking the p1ss is a managers job. Johnson wanted to test the character of some of his players and he will feel that it was something he had to do. We may disagree but that's life.

Yeovil fan here. :( Have to firstly say that I am less then pleased with the fact that SL nicked a man who is pretty close to being a God here in S.Somerset. However ######it happens, and there is a part of me that hopes that it does go a bit t*ts up for the City. However that is sour grapes, and Gary has done a superb job for us, and it was inevitable that he would go one day, however it does hurt that we have to see him weekly on the box etc. However, I have visited City (as a home supporter) many times since the 1960's and have to say that I do not wish them (or Rovers for that matter) any ill. However one thing is very important for you guys to realise, and that is that when GJ came to Yeovil he did inherit basically a pretty good side, and a club that was destined for League football, GJ was the final piece in the jigsaw. So the problem is now , does GJ possess the credentials to take over an ailing side, and create one that can go up a level or two? That is a million dollar question. He says that come January he will bring in new players. Whats happens to the ones you have, I presume many are on contracts. Should he even want some of our players, and rumours persist, those any good are on contracts too, and we will want £250K minimum for any of them. I think you may be putting just a bit too much faith in the man, he is still relatively unproven, not so much a one hit wonder bit certainly someone that has managed at the lower level, and Latvia can hardly qualify as a top job can it? When he first came to us he said, 'they expect League football in my first season, that may not be possible'. It did not come that year, but we won the Trophy. In his quieter moments I'm sure he must wonder what on earth he has done, leaving Yeovil could be his biggest mistake, time will tell. Are you guys prepared to wait two or three seasons? Strangely we lost to Notts County last season, they were almost bottom and we were top, but after that we went on to win promotion, maybe its the crystallising moment of your season.

Interesting times ahead, good luck, but don't expect miracles, Jesus does'nt run football clubs. :)

Yeovil fan here. :( Have to firstly say that I am less then pleased with the fact that SL nicked a man who is pretty close to being a God here in S.Somerset. However ######it happens, and there is a part of me that hopes that it does go a bit t*ts up for the City. However that is sour grapes, and Gary has done a superb job for us, and it was inevitable that he would go one day, however it does hurt that we have to see him weekly on the box etc. However, I have visited City (as a home supporter) many times since the 1960's and have to say that I do not wish them (or Rovers for that matter) any ill. However one thing is very important for you guys to realise, and that is that when GJ came to Yeovil he did inherit basically a pretty good side, and a club that was destined for League football, GJ was the final piece in the jigsaw. So the problem is now , does GJ possess the credentials to take over an ailing side, and create one that can go up a level or two? That is a million dollar question. He says that come January he will bring in new players. Whats happens to the ones you have, I presume many are on contracts. Should he even want some of our players, and rumours persist, those any good are on contracts too, and we will want £250K minimum for any of them. I think you may be putting just a bit too much faith in the man, he is still relatively unproven, not so much a one hit wonder bit certainly someone that has managed at the lower level, and Latvia can hardly qualify as a top job can it? When he first came to us he said, 'they expect League football in my first season, that may not be possible'. It did not come that year, but we won the Trophy. In his quieter moments I'm sure he must wonder what on earth he has done, leaving Yeovil could be his biggest mistake, time will tell. Are you guys prepared to wait two or three seasons? Strangely we lost to Notts County last season, they were almost bottom and we were top, but after that we went on to win promotion, maybe its the crystallising moment of your season.

Interesting times ahead, good luck, but don't expect miracles, Jesus does'nt run football clubs. :)

OH! to many of us thought this man walks on water, now we realise he had wellies on walking in puddles!! i'm not going to have a go at what he achieved at yovile, but i would question his man management. did he throw grenades at your place. as for your players one or two could make it into our team! but so could George Best in his present condition.

So the problem is now , does GJ possess the credentials to take over an ailing side, and create one that can go up a level or two? That is a million dollar question. He says that come January he will bring in new players. Whats happens to the ones you have, I presume many are on contracts.

He came to test himself not for an easy ride (there's no such thing at AG). If he succeeds in the long run at BCFC he will have proved that he's a manager destined for bigger things. If he fails, he can join the list that Danny Wilson, Russell Osman, Denis Smith, John Ward, Joe Jordan (second attempt), Benny Lennartson and so many more are on.

OH! to many of us thought this man walks on water, now we realise he had wellies on walking in puddles!! i'm not going to have a go at what he achieved at yovile, but i would question his man management. did he throw grenades at your place. as for your players one or two could make it into our team! but so could George Best in his present condition.

'one or two of your players could make into our team'. AhHemm. Wont argue with that, just let the League position speak volumes. :) I am sure you were just teasing.

Archived