IGNORED

Can't Believe Criticism Of Johnson Already

AndyKat87

after barnsley 3-0 at home most people were saying we are going up the guy is "magic" and now it's, look at his past record he's done nothing blah blah, What is up with you lot give the man a chance it's the players that can't be arsed to do anything on the pitch and I can't wait for him to get rid of who he thinks deserves to go because they do not deserve to wear the City Badge, as they don't wear it with pride, Johnson will bring players in who he thinks will, and he will turn it around, these players need a serious bollocking and not to act like the spoilt over payed kids that they are, they do not deserve to be at this club and Johnson will bring in players that do and will eventually get us promoted. Give Johnson a chance!

after barnsley 3-0 at home most people were saying we are going up the guy is "magic" and now it's, look at his past record he's done nothing blah blah, What is up with you lot give the man a chance it's the players that can't be arsed to do anything on the pitch and I can't wait for him to get rid of who he thinks deserves to go because they do not deserve to wear the City Badge, as they don't wear it with pride, Johnson will bring players in who he thinks will, and he will turn it around, these players need a serious bollocking and not to act like the spoilt over payed kids that they are, they do not deserve to be at this club and Johnson will bring in players that do and will eventually get us promoted. Give Johnson a chance!

I think you will find that 99 per cent of those (including myself) who are beggining to ask a few questions, are still 100 per cent behind GJ and giving him time, but they are quite rightly a little worried.After 5 defeats in a row to some very questionable opposition it is only natrual that questions will arise, for example, has GJ ever been in this position before with a struggling team? he had only top of the table times with yeovil, so lets hope he deals with it the right way.

Totally agree!

This is why I'm not too concerned at this moment in time, beacuse i know we have a decent manager who will turn things around when given the chance to change this team!

The Players are the ones who are letting us down, the club down and themselves down!

Keep the faith! Gj's the man to do it! :city:

I am very worried at this moment in time, we have a squad of players who are constantly being told they are crap and not wanted, most on lengthy-ish contracts, and no money to bring in new personnel.

To all those people saying they can't wait until January, wake up and smell the roses, we have a potential 9 more defeats until January.

We can't sell players who don't want to go, or are not worth any money. We are losing £2 million pounds a year, and we have no money to bring any new faces in, even if we did, what quality players in there right would want to come to a struggling league one team?

Times are grim my friends, and I can't see them improving for quite some time.

I am very worried at this moment in time, we have a squad of players who are constantly being told they are crap and not wanted, most on lengthy-ish contracts, and no money to bring in new personnel.

To all those people saying they can't wait until January, wake up and smell the roses, we have a potential 9 more defeats until January.

We can't sell players who don't want to go, or are not worth any money. We are losing £2 million pounds a year, and we have no money to bring any new faces in, even if we did, what quality players in there right would want to come to a struggling league one team?

Agreed, But, None of this is GJ fault it's the last 'legend' we had as manager fault.

Agreed, But, None of this is GJ fault it's the last 'legend' we had as manager fault.

can't agree totally with you on that one, he knew what he had when he took over, he should have been trying to bring the best out of them from when he started, until December 31st, then make changes, not after a few games tell them they are crap and your out in January, and have to play the next dozen games with a totally demarolised squad. We could be points clear by January, unfortunately, at the wrong end of the table.

It is totally unfair too get on Johnsons back now. It's rediculous. Lets see where we are this time next year or at least the end of the season. We need to have faith he'll turn it around and get behind him. He's going to be here for a while. Dose anyone really think we're going to sack him after about 2 months? :blink:

It's understandable being worried, but, all this criticism really isn't helping one bit.

Give Gary Johnson a chance :city:

anyone can see hes trying to change things at the moment with loans and another one coming in today joseph, but that is all he can do untill january and I believe he will get a few in january, Fully behind Johnson.

Never in the history of this club - even when Terry Cooper took charge in the early 1980's - has a new BCFC manager had so many problems and also so many idiots to deal with on the playing staff. This club seems rotten to the core and we should be giving Gary Johnson all our support in his attempt to sort it out.

Nobody said we had a bad set of players at the beginning of the season.

At best, we had a championship-winning squad - at worst, 'scrape the play-offs'.

Since Johnson came in, we are now making excuses for poor performances by saying it's not Johnson's fault, the players aren't good enough.

I disagree.

If Johnson was the manager he was hyped up to be, I think we would have every right to expect to see 'some' improvement in our play by now.

I'm not suggesting we should be beating everybody, just that the should be some improvement in our tactical plan and team play.

The fact is, if anything, we've gone from bad to worse.

Again, I'm not suggesting that Johnson should be removed. I'm just getting a little tired of him pointing the finger at the players all the time and rabbiting on about 'Come January...'. He needs to pull his finger out and do something about getting his players to play for him.

I simply don't believe that most of the players in our squad are lazy layabouts that just want an easy life and draw their wages.

We need improvement NOW and Johnson has no choice but to work with the most of the players he has. By January it could be all over bar the shouting and I, for one, do not want to comtemplate relegation.

the problem is, tinnion broke the team, tinnion broke the players confidence, tinnion brought idiots into the club and has left the pieces for johnson to pick up a broken team and i don't even think the best of managers would change it around that quickly and johnson did get them playing abit of football it's just the players mentality is not there due to TINNIONS inability to manage or find good players, and johnson maybe batterin their confidence by telling them they are wasters but it's true isn't it, and some times the truth hurts!!!!

the problem is, tinnion broke the team, tinnion broke the players confidence, tinnion brought idiots into the club and has left the pieces for johnson to pick up a broken team and i don't even think the best of managers would change it around that quickly and johnson did get them playing abit of football it's just the players mentality is not there due to TINNIONS inability to manage or find good players, and johnson maybe batterin their confidence by telling them they are wasters but it's true isn't it, and some times the truth hurts!!!!

If this is the case then explain the excellent first two games Johnson had here and the subsequent descent into abject rubbish.

Our squad is light in a couple of areas (left side and central midfield) but only one or two of the players are too poor, most are above average ability at this level. The problem is a confidence one and it's clearly not caused by Tinnion since he's no longer here.

Nibor

Guest Harry Dolman

No-one or nothing should be beyond criticisim.

Personally I don't agree with sending our best leftback on loan to Torquay - & I certainly didn't agree with playing Carey on the left.

Having said that, as I posted elsewhere with no pre season Johnson has to conduct his experiments in "live" games - not ideal but thats where we are.

I suspect it is extremely frustrating for him that the players turned in good performances in the 1st 3 games, ok in the 4th & dismay since then.

I think we have the wrong sorts of player - we have people (& WIlkshire comes immediately to mind) who can be outstanding 1 game & then poor for 3. What we need & what the likes of Plymouth, Luton, Southend had/have are players who will give 100% & perform at least "well" pretty much every game.

Given time I am confident that Johnson will turn us round. If you look at his record at Yeovil it may be that we never have a great defence, but frankly no-one is going to care (or even notice) if we are consistently scoring more & winning games.

I guess the great unknown is what would have happended had that "incident" not occurred - seems odd why its had such an impact, but undoubtedly it has.

No-one or nothing should be beyond criticisim.

Personally I don't agree with sending our best leftback on loan to Torquay - & I certainly didn't agree with playing Carey on the left.

Having said that, as I posted elsewhere with no pre season Johnson has to conduct his experiments in "live" games - not ideal but thats where we are.

I suspect it is extremely frustrating for him that the players turned in good performances in the 1st 3 games, ok in the 4th & dismay since then.

I think we have the wrong sorts of player - we have people (& WIlkshire comes immediately to mind) who can be outstanding 1 game & then poor for 3. What we need & what the likes of Plymouth, Luton, Southend had/have are players who will give 100% & perform at least "well" pretty much every game.

Given time I am confident that Johnson will turn us round. If you look at his record at Yeovil it may be that we never have a great defence, but frankly no-one is going to care (or even notice) if we are consistently scoring more & winning games.

I guess the great unknown is what would have happended had that "incident" not occurred - seems odd why its had such an impact, but undoubtedly it has.

What happened after that incident was that players were banned from going into town on a saturday night - their reaction to it shows where their priorities are

Guest Harry Dolman

What happened after that incident was that players were banned from going into town on a saturday night - their reaction to it shows where their priorities are

If that is true then it really shows what a shower we have & in that case Johnson should be given carte' blanch to do what he wants with them.

But can you really ban people from going into town ?? You could argue Sat night is the best night for them to do it (if they must & it would appear that they must) as they often have a week before the next game ??

Guest redphilc

If that is true then it really shows what a shower we have & in that case Johnson should be given carte' blanch to do what he wants with them.

But can you really ban people from going into town ?? You could argue Sat night is the best night for them to do it (if they must & it would appear that they must) as they often have a week before the next game ??

Shortly after our 0-3 defeat to Southend our "best left back" was showing where his priorities lay in the slug and Lettuce on Corn Street. No wonder he was shipped out!!

This culture has been around for some time now from Wilson onwards, you only have to look at the reputations of previous players - Peacock/Doherty/Coles - senior pros!

When your "captain" is involved in incidents like this it cant be a good example to the rest of the team, I just hope the academy lads "want it" a lot more then some of the current underperforming overpaid players.

Archived