IGNORED

Good News About Marcus Stewart...

BCAGFC

At least the club are looking to get a fee for him (if anyone will pay for someone who has only scored 4 in 14 games). I would settle for around £100k as that is around what we have paid out on him at the moment but saying that have Millwall got that sort of money?.

BCAGFC

Can't believe people want to let him go.

Get a decent team around him then judge him..

I agree, i think its important we keep both Stewart and Bridges until the end of season just so we can see how they play with the team we have in January!

If they are both under performing at the end of the season then it may be time to move on from the 'big name' formula of bringing us a winning team.

You are havin a laugh, aren't you...?

Who in thier right mind would pay anything for a 32 year old who has scored 1 in 3 1/2 games so far.

Also what about his wage, just in case you hadn't heard, he earns a few bob a week, who's going to pay that.???

The only way he'd go is if we let him go free, and either he takes a pay cut ( V.Unlikely IMO) or we pay him off and I can't see we can afford to do that.

Ive got to say that Marcus hasnt looked good so far, however i am of the opinion he certainly needs to be given a fair crack of the whip. Perhaps building the team around him is a little too far but i certainly believe it is our midfield letting us down and not our strikers. Our strikers need better service, i would understand if Marcus had missed lots and lots of chances, but he hasnt had them to miss. I would understand if he wasnt getting in the positions but on the few occassions i have seen him start he has, it is the service that lets him down.

Get a PROPER left winger, play wilkshire and Russell, with Skuse and Brown as back up. Murray and Cotterell can fill the one right wing position. Brooker and Stewart are a great upfront two, with Gillespie and Quinn as back up. If we have to let Bridges and Madjo go then so be it. We still have a talented youngster in Benyon coming through the ranks.

I agree that Bridges deserves a run out but i don't see it happening.

I've heard that when Johnson dropped his grenade it was Stewart who said to him 'what have you done in football don't you know who I am' so I don't just think its about his ability it may be a personilty clash as well. I'm would like to see him stay because i'm sure he could score goals but then with his high wages it will always be tempting to let him go.

Why keep either, Stewart is over the hill!! Leeeeeeeeeeeroy got goals in the team last year, AND Brookerman, similar poor team, lousy service from midfield......Stewart and Bridges are "allegedly" class players.............NEITHER has exactly set the place alight, have they?

In truth I'd rather have Leapy, and Robbo than these two...........both got goals when they were needed, unlike tweedledee and tweedledum

its not rocket science this football lark,

Midfielders/ wingers give strikers the ball in good posistions - striker scores

Midfielders/wingers not providing good ball - Strikers don't score

Simple as that.

Not quite as simple as that.

Brooker's out-scoring and out performing Stewart and he's supposed to be the awkward target man.

Also, I've seen Stewart and Bridges both miss a number of opportunities that had been created by our midfielders crosses and passes.

If the rumours about Stewart's attitude and pubbing are true then I'd rather he didn't get paid so much.

Try this: Stewart's rumoured to be on something between 4 and 6 grand a week, take the figure you believe and work out the annual salary he'd be on. It worries me.

Guest fatherdougal

I was one of those who used to moan about Christian Roberts, and right now I'm holding my head in

shame. At least, he wanted to play for us, he just got his head down and got on with it. Moral of the story -

if players are up for it, forgive them their faults and keep them on. They come up trumps

sooner or later.

Fantastic, a Chris Roberts thread just in time for Friday!! Robbo was infuriating could score a blinder but cock up the most simple of chances, almost as if when he had time to think he cocked it up.

Always thought he was fantastic to watch because of the above, and will always be a bit of a hero because of that night. Forget the play off final as no one turned up, not just Robbo as some would have you believe.

Wonder if he scores, will he celebrate??

Not quite as simple as that.

Brooker's out-scoring and out performing Stewart and he's supposed to be the awkward target man.

Also, I've seen Stewart and Bridges both miss a number of opportunities that had been created by our midfielders crosses and passes.

If the rumours about Stewart's attitude and pubbing are true then I'd rather he didn't get paid so much.

Try this: Stewart's rumoured to be on something between 4 and 6 grand a week, take the figure you believe and work out the annual salary he'd be on. It worries me.

saw stewart in oceana the other week i tell u what hes got better moves on the dance floor than he has on the pitch,maybe we should flash the floodlights at the next match try and fool him !!

Guest fatherdougal

Always thought he was fantastic to watch because of the above, and will always be a bit of a hero because of that night. Forget the play off final as no one turned up, not just Robbo as some would have you believe.

But this is the thing Shepton Red, you would tear your hair out over 90% of what he did on the pitch,

(his first touch was a bit naff sometimes), but his entertainment value was priceless, you didn't feel short changed; he was a wildcard and anything could happen while he was on. God knows, I miss him now.

Guest harveythompson

Can't believe people want to let him go.

Get a decent team around him then judge him..

Spot on, the man is a genius. He makes runs the other players wouldn't even think of making so they don't pass and he cant score. Thats my theory anyway :razz:

Spot on, the man is a genius. He makes runs the other players wouldn't even think of making so they don't pass and he cant score. Thats my theory anyway :razz:

Thats what me and my mate were saying about bridges!

The players are to stupid to read the runs and balls he's about to make! :D

But this is the thing Shepton Red, you would tear your hair out over 90% of what he did on the pitch,

(his first touch was a bit naff sometimes), but his entertainment value was priceless, you didn't feel short changed; he was a wildcard and anything could happen while he was on. God knows, I miss him now.

Yes, that's what we are missing, excitement and entertainment, edge of the seat stuff.

It wasn't always the kind of excitement and entertainment we wanted mind as you rightly say it was frustrating and nerve racking mostly. But we seemed to play with passion and desire, AS A TEAM. It just seems such a long time ago now, such a lot of players have come and gone.

To the future, I just hope that we can recpture some of that feeling again soon. It's not only because we are loosing, but we are bad loosers. The ideas are stale and boring, no leadership, no confidence, no interest by players and fans alike, no reward for either.

I am still proud of my club, some of the players don't seem to be. I hope they are being reminded that they are professionals and should have some pride in themselves and their chosen career.

I agree, i think its important we keep both Stewart and Bridges until the end of season just so we can see how they play with the team we have in January!

If they are both under performing at the end of the season then it may be time to move on from the 'big name' formula of bringing us a winning team.

why keep michael bridges if he is never fit.

lets be honest what has stewart done for us he is a shadow of the player he used to be.

he looks worn out and hungover everytime hes on the pitch he also looks with the rest of the side uninterested in our dire situation. I want to see players that will fight for the club like we the supporters do, Marcus ive supported the club since i was a boy stewart is not showing the desired commitment. I want players with passion and fight lets be honest how many if any are showing it.

Faith in Jonson.

CITY TILL I DIE.

I hope the club are prepared to re-imburse fans that shelled out on kits with the name Stewart on the back......oh and they'd better change the 2006 calendar too.

Yes, id hope that to, since mine has the his name on the back, I don't much wanna wear the shirt again, i shall have to get a knife to it soon, still the shirt wont look any more screwed then it does naturally anyway.

Archived