IGNORED

What We Demand..........

BS4 on Tour...

I think us City fans are a pretty resilient bunch.

Deep down none of us really think we deserve to be called a 'big' club. After all, in recent history we have only spent 4 seasons in the top flight.

However, we have a loyal core of committed supporters who are as good as any in the country (especially away from home) and we have around 7,000 fans who appear from out of the woodwork when we are doing well. That is fair enough in my opinion. Some supporters are prepared to turn up whatever our situation, form or league position and some aren't. That is up to individual choice.

I refuse to panic at our current plight. We have no right to win the league just because we are bookies favourites and just because so-called 'experts' (Chris Kamara, Chris Waddle etc) predict we will win the league every season.

BUT, what we do have a right to expect is that EVERY single player who turns out for our club tries their absolute hardest and does their utmost to win every game.

We DEMAND that because some players clearly look like they're not trying and that is not acceptable. They are relatively well-paid (excessively in some cases) and they must earn their pay by running themselves into the ground for the cause every week.

If they are not up to putting in 100% every game then they should make way for players who will do this.

As City fans we are used to players like Gerry Gow, Tom Ritchie, Gary Shelton, Glyn Riley, Rob Newman, Brian Tinnion etc - all who were clearly proud to be representing our club.

We DEMAND 100% effort - not too much to ask is it?

:grr:

Archived