IGNORED

Doncaster Tickets

Andy082005

A word of warning to anybody wishing to travekl to this game by train.

There are major engineering works at both gloucester and near tamworth so there will be severe delays on all trains to the north east. When i was looking to book tickets the only routes it pulled up was via london paddington and kings cross. theres no way I'm donig a 5 1/2 hr train journey to doncaster via london.

Guest redphilc

There are major engineering works at both gloucester and near tamworth so there will be severe delays on all trains to the north east. When i was looking to book tickets the only routes it pulled up was via london paddington and kings cross. theres no way I'm donig a 5 1/2 hr train journey to doncaster via london.

Go via Birmingham. There is a train from New Street to Doncaster changing at Leicester and then sheffield which gets in about 1pm. The train back from Doncaster to Birmingham is direct and gets in just before 9pm.

I booked my tickets 1 month ago although I am starting from Evesham at 7:30am. Cost me £38 altogether by buying the cheapest singles for each journey (I split it into 4 journeys). Should be a good day out?! - unless they ban drinking on public transport before then in which I shan't bother going.

Hello City Fans.

I made a few postings on here just after we played you on the opening day of the season. What a difference a few months can make ! not here to talk about your form just to answer the question about our "away" end. we have a small amount of seating available in the mainstand for away fans (around 300) and our uncovered away terrace(rosso end) holds 2,700.. so should'nt be a problem watching the game which almost certainly will be pay on the gate (seating may be advance tickets) ......my advice is to get a seat if you can,if not bring a mac/kagoul/umbrella/raincoat because you are fully exposed to the elements ! facilities are basic in the ground,but plenty of away friendly boozers nearby and our very own clubhouse the Rovers Return which welcomes all ! the ground is 2 miles(ish) from train station.1/2 hour brisk walk should do it. roughly a fiver for a taxi or quite a few buses (airport/cantly/rossington/bessacarr) run every few minutes,just ask for the racecourse,which is directly opposite the ground.

Safe trip up and may the best team win.

I doubt many will travel hopefully a few more than last year though. Was about £14 for adults I think on the terracing if I remeber correctly there was an area for seating which I think sold out before the game. If you haven't been before word of advice, take a very very thick jumper if last year is anythng to go by

Major engineering work whatever way you go by train... Simple basic list as follows;

Bristol > Doncaster [via Birmingham]

No trains running between Bristol and Gloucester. Virgin running an hourly service via Newport adding 1 hour to the journey time.

No trains running between Derby and Chesterfield. Virgin running and hourly service via Erewash Valley adding 1 hour to the journey time.

Bristol > Doncaster [via London]

No trains running between Swindon and Reading. Great Western running an hourly service from Patchway (instead of Parkway) and Temple Meads, all trains via Bath, Westbury and Newbury to Reading adding approx 1 hour 30 minutes onto the journey time.

No reported engineering work London to Doncaster.

All extracted from National Rail Website

I doubt many will travel hopefully a few more than last year though. Was about £14 for adults I think on the terracing if I remeber correctly there was an area for seating which I think sold out before the game. If you haven't been before word of advice, take a very very thick jumper if last year is anythng to go by

Last year you could see frost forming on the pitch as the game went on, easily the coldest Ive ever been at a match. My coat got soaked simply from the cold air.

Archived