IGNORED

Stewart Nonsense

Tomo

Oh.......................we now want Stewart out !!

What a complete load of nonsense....................voted the main man at Sunderland last season and they got promoted.

If he leaves, he will prove GJ wrong. No man is bigger than the club Gary so sort your differences out and Marcus show some respect !! What a shambles in the dressing room and Brian aint there to blame !

Its most of the players around Stewart who should be going.

Our Club HAVE LOST THE PLOT I'm AFRAID........... a hard winter for the board and they only have themselves to blame !!

Lets monitor the attendances eh !!

If Stewart was performing adequately and not (allegedly) undermining the manager's authority then I'd agree. As it is, nobody is bigger than the club and all players must respect the manager. Until that happens we're going nowhere. Frankly I'd rather have Torpey and Beadle up front than a disinterested Stewart.

dear lord, sheer Stweart blindness from many fans it appears.

"Stewarts poor performances is clearly the other 10 players fault, not his, he will always be a class act" bla bla bla.

Get a grip, he, like many others have been awful this season,

Mate, I do not disagree. But you don't sell quality !!!

"Stewarts poor performances is clearly the other 10 players fault, not his, he will always be a class act" bla bla bla.

Spot on mate.

We heard all this with Lee Miller "put some class around him and we'll see the best of him".

********!

If Stewart was performing adequately and not (allegedly) undermining the manager's authority then I'd agree. As it is, nobody is bigger than the club and all players must respect the manager. Until that happens we're going nowhere. Frankly I'd rather have Torpey and Beadle up front than a disinterested Stewart.

Have you seen the size of beadle lately? :D

i would be proud to play in the red shirt of city, to me it would be like playing for england and i would have played for nothing, for i love bristol city, but for years we have become a retirement home for old players a soft touch of a club, that seemed to be run by groups of players and a drinking club,its dragged the club down. so called players committed to the causse, yeh right. we have a great chance under this manager to get rid of the money grabbing wasters for good, and get players in who really will run themselves into the ground for the badge and red shirt and most important of all, us paying and long suffering supporters.

Don't understand how people could want Stewart to leave. He has not yet shown his best but we should know it will come- hasn't exactly had decent service. Also no doubting his commitment in my book since he could have gone to plenty of other places on more money but because he is a fan chose City- what more could we ask than to have a top striker with experience who has always supported the club. Build the team around Stewart would be my policy and I am sure we would be rewarded.

Bristol born and Red remember- would far rather have one of Stewart than a couple of others with nothing to tie them to the club but a pay cheque. If he had a spat with Johnson which it appears he did that would be because he cares.

I actually would not mind if Stewart left - and its not because I do not think he is quality.

Lets face it, if we had Owen up front on £10k a week 'cos he loved us, no one really could argue with his pedegree or that we were getting a real bargain. However, with the rest of the team around him he would be unlikely to shine.

And whilst in no way his fault, the relative cost then unbalances the team. For £5k a week or so we are likely to be able to afford three pretty decent players at this level. Its not about Stewart as such, its about were do we get our biggest bang for our buck at the present time.

And it ain't Stewart in my view.

No man is bigger than the club Gary so sort your differences out and Marcus show some respect !!

Was marcus brought in to be player/manager? No, then it is he who should respect the club's manager, the man responsible for building the Yeovil squad that are above the team Marcus has been playing in!

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Yes this club is a laughing stock, from top to bottom

At least the youth managed to win an important game last night, but after losing to MK Dons on saturday they're hardly exempt from criticism.

What is wrong however, is to blame all our ills on one player, or put everything at the door of the chairman, or blame Tinnion for all that's gone wrong.

They're all cupable in this sordid sorry mess, but you can bet not one person other than playing staff with be axed.

Jobs for the boys - Oh yes

Yes this club is a laughing stock, from top to bottom

At least the youth managed to win an important game last night, but after losing to MK Dons on saturday they're hardly exempt from criticism.

What is wrong however, is to blame all our ills on one player, or put everything at the door of the chairman, or blame Tinnion for all that's gone wrong.

They're all cupable in this sordid sorry mess, but you can bet not one person other than playing staff with be axed.

Jobs for the boys - Oh yes

SPOT ON !!

Guest SydneyCider

I think it's clear Stewart was signed up when the boss guys were thinking cup run(s) and automatic promotion. If that had been the case, everyone would have been a winner; club, fans and Stewart.

Since our season has turned into a prolonged car-crash instead, he's too expensive for what he gives us and what we can afford.

Guest sparkyboy72

Whats happened between GJ and MS is from what i can gather is all hearsay at the mo. yes i agree MS has'nt perfromed to his best yet and there could be a number of deciding factors behind that i.e lack of service, lack of confidence, a possible falling out with GJ or that the pressure of trying not to fail in front of the city faithful is just weighing him down much.

I for one would like to see MS stay in a red shirt as i think he has so much to offer,if and when we finally get someone in the team who can provide the service for which he needs then if hes still under-achieving then look at getting him out.

I for one think he will set AG alight.

Don't understand how people could want Stewart to leave. He has not yet shown his best but we should know it will come- hasn't exactly had decent service. Also no doubting his commitment in my book since he could have gone to plenty of other places on more money but because he is a fan chose City- what more could we ask than to have a top striker with experience who has always supported the club. Build the team around Stewart would be my policy and I am sure we would be rewarded.

Bristol born and Red remember- would far rather have one of Stewart than a couple of others with nothing to tie them to the club but a pay cheque. If he had a spat with Johnson which it appears he did that would be because he cares.

Spot on mate, its beyond my wildest thoughts that he could actually leave us after such a short time. :dunno::dunno::dunno:

Great post mate and i couldn't agree more. Stewart has done SFA since he signed in the summer, a complete waste of space and money!!!!! We could get a decent player, WHO wants to play for the club AND works his socks off, for the money he is on. If he goes then good riddence!!!!!!

:city:

Lets face it, if we had Owen up front on £10k a week 'cos he loved us, no one really could argue with his pedegree or that we were getting a real bargain. However, with the rest of the team around him he would be unlikely to shine.

are you having a laugh? Owen, not shine in league one...please.Owen could play in the worst possible squad in this league and still shine. Stewart can not blame anyone but himself for his poor performances, he has missed quite a lot of good chances this season, ones i would expect him to put away (99 per cent of which owen would bury), and he can blame no other for that.Yes maybe he hasnt had great service but he HAS had some, and hasnt taken advantage.

Stewart is clearly a quality player at this level. Whatever is going on off the pitch, its on the pitch where I believe that his talents are not matched. I have said before that he runs off his man well, always finds space and has good distribution of the ball as well as being a capable goal scorer. In other words he is an intelligent player and makes the ball do the work on our very large pitch.

We must remember that he is playing with players who have not played at his level and players who are perhaps not as intelligent on the pitch as he appears to be. Equally, some of our players are new to first team professional football so how can you expect these two extremes to gel into a team unit when there is such a vast learning curve for some to go through before they can play to the same potential as him. You only need to watch him to see the difference and frankly, the service he gets is not good. he is more than capable of and does, get up and down the pitch. My only observation about where he plays in the team is that I would play him on the hole for his excellent link up and distribution play and have him sit behind Brooker and whoever else. I think the forward line would function much better this way and rather than him requiring service, he would be giving service, yet still picking up goals behind the front two. It would bring more intelligent play to the team and we would function better as a unit, certainly up front.

Guest stfc red

Stewart is clearly a quality player at this level. Whatever is going on off the pitch, its on the pitch where I believe that his talents are not matched. I have said before that he runs off his man well, always finds space and has good distribution of the ball as well as being a capable goal scorer. In other words he is an intelligent player and makes the ball do the work on our very large pitch.

We must remember that he is playing with players who have not played at his level and players who are perhaps not as intelligent on the pitch as he appears to be. Equally, some of our players are new to first team professional football so how can you expect these two extremes to gel into a team unit when there is such a vast learning curve for some to go through before they can play to the same potential as him. You only need to watch him to see the difference and frankly, the service he gets is not good. he is more than capable of and does, get up and down the pitch. My only observation about where he plays in the team is that I would play him on the hole for his excellent link up and distribution play and have him sit behind Brooker and whoever else. I think the forward line would function much better this way and rather than him requiring service, he would be giving service, yet still picking up goals behind the front two. It would bring more intelligent play to the team and we would function better as a unit, certainly up front.

whatever level he is at,surely good players adapt to whatever level they play,we have the same problem with cureton&thorpe no matter what u think they should be scoring for fun in this league as should stewart and bridges

whatever level he is at,surely good players adapt to whatever level they play,we have the same problem with cureton&thorpe no matter what u think they should be scoring for fun in this league as should stewart and bridges

Agree and disagree

I agree he has the capability to score for fun

However, it is a team game, not a Marcus Stewart game. he needs supply added to his own good work in order to deliver the result

Guest charisma_cider

We would be really dumb if we got rid of Stewart and Bridges, ok so they havent done much, but when they play we have a completely different class of player on the field!

key word there mate is when, and that when isn't happening often enough.

Unfortunately we can't afford to be sentimental at a time when we're nestled nicely in the drop zone, if players aren't performing/interested, then we need to dispose of them in Janurary, as we can't afford to see if their game picks up between then and the next window becuase it will be too late.

Guest Red_smitty

I know what then, lets get rid of Stewart, a man that has scored goals wherever he has been, who drops into midfield more often than not to cover our inadequacies there, who had the chance to go to any number of clubs for more money but wanted to come to City because he always wanted to play for the club, and whilst we are doing that let get rid of Bridges as well, a magician on the ball, who has played all of what....a couple of games....and replace them with..........Quinn (Did anyone else watch him on Saturday ?)!!!.

I would rather watch a "disinterested Stewart and Bridges" and lose a game than the complete crap I have been watching recently AND LOSE A GAME.

What we need to do is kick Wilkshire up the bum, kick Scuse up the bum, rest Cotterill for a season, find at least two midfielders, who can control a midfield (hoping that Russell can do something) and protect a defence. Oh and also give Phillips a rest.

Play 3 at the back perhaps Sankofa, Heywood, Partridge.

5 across the middle Murray, Russell, Brown, Skuse (in front of the back three), Wilkshire.

Bridges in front of them, with Brooker and Stewart up front.

I bet we score more than we let in !!!!!

Guest north red

I TOTALLY AGREE WELL SAID MATE.

I know what then, lets get rid of Stewart, a man that has scored goals wherever he has been, who drops into midfield more often than not to cover our inadequacies there, who had the chance to go to any number of clubs for more money but wanted to come to City because he always wanted to play for the club, and whilst we are doing that let get rid of Bridges as well, a magician on the ball, who has played all of what....a couple of games....and replace them with..........Quinn (Did anyone else watch him on Saturday ?)!!!.

I would rather watch a "disinterested Stewart and Bridges" and lose a game than the complete crap I have been watching recently AND LOSE A GAME.

What we need to do is kick Wilkshire up the bum, kick Scuse up the bum, rest Cotterill for a season, find at least two midfielders, who can control a midfield (hoping that Russell can do something) and protect a defence. Oh and also give Phillips a rest.

Play 3 at the back perhaps Sankofa, Heywood, Partridge.

5 across the middle Murray, Russell, Brown, Skuse (in front of the back three), Wilkshire.

Bridges in front of them, with Brooker and Stewart up front.

I bet we score more than we let in !!!!!

I like that team and formation looks good to me

Spot on mate.

We heard all this with Lee Miller "put some class around him and we'll see the best of him".

********!

Yep agree, and remember those times eith people saying the same about him. Some people really need to open there eyes and not bum#### so much

Archived