IGNORED

The Johnson Report

PhatWill

When Johnson says 'I know whats going to happen' after the County game, do we have any clues as is what is going to happen?

Looking back to 'The Johnson Report' he was told to look at the club from top to bottom and so maybe as well as changes to the playing staff - are we going to see some changes to the coaching staff as well?

In my opinion, we are STILL missing a quality coach. You look at the last time we were half decent and we had coaches ranging from Frank Barlow, Leroy Rosenoir to Terry Connor - all highly regarded as coaches within football.

But under Tinnion and now Johnson - who's been taking the training? Who is the common denominator? KEITH MILLEN.

It frustrates me that he didn't go with Tinnion as it was clear from the start that he is NOT up to the task as either a coach or an assistant manager.

With efforts made to attract the services in the summer of Terry Connor, Millen's ability MUST have been a concern for both Tinnion and Lansdown as well.

It's almost 'bad luck' that Johnson knows Millen from their Watford days as I think it's clouded his judgement as they are mates.

Just how big a mistake was it of Lansdown not to purchase the entire Yeovil package of Johnson AND coach Thompson.

We'll see in the near future but for me we are STILL in need of a top quality coach...

Guest WillsbridgeRed

How is it CLEAR that Millen is not a capable coach?

MY understanding is that he's highly regarded as a coach.

People making Millen a scapegoat are people afraid to ask serious questions and point fingers at the established status quo which haunts this club.

How is it CLEAR that Millen is not a capable coach?

MY understanding is that he's highly regarded as a coach.

People making Millen a scapegoat are people afraid to ask serious questions and point fingers at the established status quo which haunts this club.

Here Here, everybody is slagging millen off, i've done it my self before, but i honestly don't think he is the problem at all, he is a very capable coach, and he can get the messages over, maybe its time the other coach's were looked at.

status quo

and to think they sang ''down, down''

were doomed :rofl2br:

As for millen a coach mabe but a assistant manager? no.

graham taylor was highly regarded as a coach by the f.a

and was given the england job, look at the mess he made of that,

the point is know your depth and he is out of it at city....

and to think they sang ''down, down''

were doomed :rofl2br:

As Dirty Harry would say "Mans gots to know his limitations" :online2long:

Guest swindlered

I think it was Phatwill who pointed out that the defence has gone to rats##t since Millen took over. If Millen was such a good coach why are we in the situation we are in now. Sure he gets good marks for his badges but the classroom isn't real-life.

At the end of the day the only people who know for sure are the management and players. It is though hard to believe that Millen is some kind of coaching guru stunted by the mediocrity around him.

I'm sure I could find a role for him at the club in a coaching role, just as I could Tinnion.

Having Millen taking the coaching sessions hardly inspires confidence in my book, it would be interesting to see if some of our first team squad felt the same way. Rumours persist that Lansdown effectively told Tinnion to pick Millen as his assistant as that was all the club could afford at the time.

The point remains anyway - we need a more experienced coach at the club.

There's 2/3 reasons why I think Millen is not a capable coach, and they're all clearly stated in my original post!

here here. if there was no evidence to suggest keith 'folded arms' millen was a bad coach then, by definition, he was not at all responsible for the failures under tinnion. which, therefore, means he has been a ghost for months. get real people.

He is part and parcel of tinman's tenure especially when tins was playing.

i am shocked he is still at the city effectively as GJ's number two.

I'm sure I could find a role for him at the club in a coaching role, just as I could Tinnion.

Dunno about that mate. Everything from the Tinnion era should be got rid of asap. Millen was clearly a Tinnion yes man and any link from this particular part of our past should be forgotten as it may undermine Johnson trying to stamp his mark on the club. Millen's clealy not up to scratch like the afore mentioned coaches and its about time we got a coach of calibre again.

But wasnt that what Tinnion wanted aka a director of football?? Millen is the defensive coach but somehow its not sinking into the players what hes tellign them. So don't we need an experienced bod who has been there and done it got the t shirt to help us out of this mess???

i agree with that we need someone now before it is to late. millen and walsh out.

I'm a bit confused by this.

How do fans know whether a coach is any good or not? I haven't got a clue because they've never coached me. What criteria are we supposed to judge them on? Results? Not necessarily an indicator (you can't polish a turd, as they say). Track record? Qualifications? Playing career?

I'm a bit confused by this.

How do fans know whether a coach is any good or not? I haven't got a clue because they've never coached me. What criteria are we supposed to judge them on? Results? Not necessarily an indicator (you can't polish a turd, as they say). Track record? Qualifications? Playing career?

I couldn't agree more Mozo. How the hell anyone on here knows if Millen is a good coach or not is beyond me. I've been told he coaches the defenders. Is it true?

I couldn't agree more Mozo. How the hell anyone on here knows if Millen is a good coach or not is beyond me. I've been told he coaches the defenders. Is it true?

Err...he used to be one, I know that. I do have it on good authority that everything's his fault. And that walsh n all, he's awful at coaching and stuff.

Err...he used to be one, I know that. I do have it on good authority that everything's his fault. And that walsh n all, he's awful at coaching and stuff.

Ha! That's where you're wrong sir. I think you'll find it is all either Kelly Youga's, Marcus Stewart's, Clayton Fortune's, Cole Skuse's... or your fault.

Ha! That's where you're wrong sir. I think you'll find it is all either Kelly Youga's, Marcus Stewart's, Clayton Fortune's, Cole Skuse's... or your fault.

Probably mine - I am a 'happy clapper' after all.

I hope Johnson doesn't mention me in his report!

The main giveaway that Millen is a poor coach is the fact that he coaches our defence (along with Johnson) which is now the worst in all 4 leagues.

I repeat - unless a good coach is brought in as soon as possible to fix our defensive woes then we will go down, by some distance.

The personel in our back line aren't great but they're not the worst in this division.

Johnson is right - with the ball we're not bad, but without it we are crap.

The main giveaway that Millen is a poor coach is the fact that he coaches our defence (along with Johnson) which is now the worst in all 4 leagues.

I repeat - unless a good coach is brought in as soon as possible to fix our defensive woes then we will go down, by some distance.

The personel in our back line aren't great but they're not the worst in this division.

Johnson is right - with the ball we're not bad, but without it we are crap.

You or I have no way knowing if Millen coaches defenders any differently from any other coach in our division (unless you have spoken to the players?). How do we know it's not the players letting the coach down? We all seem certain that they're letting us down and themselves down.

I just don't have enough evidence to call for individuals to lose their jobs.

Don't forget that our back four has seen 3 different right-backs this season, four different left-backs and god knows how many central defensive partnerships.

We need a settled back four, but suspensions, injuries, arrests and underperforming hasn't made that possible. I have no idea as to how much blame should go to the coaching staff.

Archived