IGNORED

Stand Delayed

Komazawa

It's not going to come as much of a suprise, though some of the things they are doing in the short term certainly are better than nothing..

This will include:-

- Significantly improving the corporate facilities in the Williams Stand, making them more attractive to fans and a source of greater revenue on non-matchdays.

- Developing the Dolman Exhibition Hall to provide an even better matchday facility for supporters and to again increase its potential for generating non-matchday revenue.

- Upgrading the wooden seats and toilets in the Dolman Stand.

- Installing a new public address system.

Colin Sextone Quotes:

THEN

"It is my view this redevelopment is ABSOLUTLEY essential to a Prosperous future for BCFC"

NOW

"It is felt that all possible time and resources sholud currenly be devoted to the football side and improving our league position"

What a load of old TOSH, the stand was always going to be funded seperatly and not affect in any way spending on the team.

Going by what CS has said our future now is looking very bleek, and not very "prosperous"

HAPPY DAYS.

TomF, you make it sound as if it's good news, well me old china it AIN'T, you can try and put as much SPIN on it as you and CS want, we as fans have been CONNED.

First we're told a new stand to be built, redueced capacity so we all buy ST's.

Then a lot of fans buy bricks, debenture seats with money up front....!!!!!!

Now they want fans not to have the money back but to take "one of the other options"

Along with the "free" polo shirt shambles this has made OUR club a bigger laughing stock than it was ( if that's possible)

Well I'll tell you mate it STINKS

Oh but at least AG will get a lick of paint in the mean time.

TomF, you make it sound as if it's good news, well me old china it AIN'T, you can try and put as much SPIN on it as you and CS want, we as fans have been CONNED.

Now they want fans not to have the money back but to take "one of the other options"

Along with the "free" polo shirt shambles this has made OUR club a bigger laughing stock than it was ( if that's possible)

Someone's tired

Why do I need to put spin on it exactly? I don't work for the club :dunno:

I put money up to buy a brick, the chairman of my company put a hefty deposit on a box... I'd be intrested to know if I get my £35 + the intrest or do the club simply hold onto it till July and thus get all the intrest??

I'm quite disapointed, what I was saying was these other bits of development sound good but are no means in comparison to the stand.

I'm also intrested in reading that the Football Trust will be stumping up the cash, does that mean that the previously allocated £850k for the stand will be have to found elsewhere if we go ahead in July?

The polo shirt fiasco can be attributed to our departed commercial manager I expect.. hence why the new guy sorted it out within 1 week of starting the job.

Guest Harry Dolman

GIVE US THE EAST END THEN!!!! :@ :@ :@ :@

The East End has gone ......... let it go. The atmosphere in there died the day the seats went in.

Last season we had all this "the East End is like a 12th man" - it was opened for the Chesterfield home game - the atmosphere was no different - we were 1 down in 20 seconds & lost 3-2.

It's not going to come as much of a suprise, though some of the things they are doing in the short term certainly are better than nothing..

This will include:-

- Significantly improving the corporate facilities in the Williams Stand, making them more attractive to fans and a source of greater revenue on non-matchdays.

- Developing the Dolman Exhibition Hall to provide an even better matchday facility for supporters and to again increase its potential for generating non-matchday revenue.

- Upgrading the wooden seats and toilets in the Dolman Stand.

- Installing a new public address system.

Yep, cosmetic improvements.

While it looks as if the Gas have thought outside the box & gained funding for the upgrade !

:(

Guest Harry Dolman

I struggle with the "I've been conned - I only bought a season ticket cos of the reduced capacity" argument.

I would think most people buy season tickets cos a) its the most economical way of watching City & b) it guarantees them the same spot each game. Are there really many (any??) that truly had no intention of buying a ST, but then bought one anyway cos of the potential reduced capacity ? With the cabbage of a season we're having, even with reduced capacity you could get to all the games anyway.

Yep, cosmetic improvements.

While it looks as if the Gas have thought outside the box & gained funding for the upgrade !

:(

Their plans are instresting, but whether or not they get permision to bulid 400 student flats hinges on it.

Given they had 350 complaints just for the north stand work, I reckon they will have their work cut out..

Their plans are instresting, but whether or not they get permision to bulid 400 student flats hinges on it.

Given they had 350 complaints just for the north stand work, I reckon they will have their work cut out..

Yep,not an easy process.

But I suppose it's a question of funding or objections ?

:dunno:

The East End has gone ......... let it go. The atmosphere in there died the day the seats went in.

Last season we had all this "the East End is like a 12th man" - it was opened for the Chesterfield home game - the atmosphere was no different - we were 1 down in 20 seconds & lost 3-2.

If we only opened it for big games like Swindon, Yeovil and Forest then that would be worth it methinks.

Guest Harry Dolman

If we only opened it for big games like Swindon, Yeovil and Forest then that would be worth it methinks.

And to be honest that is exactly what we will do. If for instance when we play Swindon in the penultimate game of the season we need a win to stay up (or, "cough" "Cough", get in the PO's !!) then no doubt the East End will be re-opened as the club will want to allow as many in as poss.

My earliest memories of watching City are stood in the East End (£0.80 for a kid to get in) - I could hardly see a thing, but I loved it. When I close my eyes I see Stevie Neville dummying the keeper & then calmly slotting in against Hereford in '86 - its a lovely memory, but thats all it is.

Times have changed - rightly or wrongly the people that want to sing are not spread amongst the Atyeo & the Dolman & they won't return in their droves to the East end.

I just feel its time to move on.

i take it you was not at the plymouth and qpr games then

I guess you was not at the qpr and plymouth games then

Guest North Street

I struggle with the "I've been conned - I only bought a season ticket cos of the reduced capacity" argument.

I would think most people buy season tickets cos a) its the most economical way of watching City & b) it guarantees them the same spot each game. Are there really many (any??) that truly had no intention of buying a ST, but then bought one anyway cos of the potential reduced capacity ? With the cabbage of a season we're having, even with reduced capacity you could get to all the games anyway.

Not true I bought a season ticket knowing i wil miss five or six games but because of the club statements........... :@

Or even Donny :dance:

They are interesting plans that have worked at Leyton Orient for example.

As for your second comment, that report was stretching the truth at best.

There were NOT 350 personally written complaints for the North Stand work. Somebody decided lifting names from a petition counted the same as individuals making individual complaints, quite a different set of circumstances and in reality quite different when reported factually.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

A LARGE factor in my buying of a season ticket was the availability of only 14,000 tickets, in a season we were SUPPOSED to be fighting for promotion. Obviously tickets would be hard to come by for the bigger games.

This whole drawn out issue has shown exactly why we are where we are.

Guest Harry Dolman

I was at both of those games. The atmosphere was great - the prime reason being they were crucial top of the table clashes with clubs that brought a decent away following.

If you look at my other posts I have said that I'm sure if we have any "big" games then yes the club will open the East End cos they'll want as many bums on seats/ ££'s in the till as possible. I still maintain that opening the East End, for, say Chesterfield or Walsall at home will make very little difference to anything.

A LARGE factor in my buying of a season ticket was the availability of only 14,000 tickets, in a season we were SUPPOSED to be fighting for promotion. Obviously tickets would be hard to come by for the bigger games.

This whole drawn out issue has shown exactly why we are where we are.

Likewise for me - I will always miss a No of games due to work committments but I still buy a season ticket cos it guarantees me the seat I want, whenever I want it. Clearly the new stand was a fiasco but I don't buy the "conned" into buying a season ticket argument. Its almost a circular debate - most fans want the club to have funds to attract/retain the best players but then feel that they've been ripped off.

In the end footy is a results business - if we were top of the league few people would care about the stand.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I was at both of those games. The atmosphere was great - the prime reason being they were crucial top of the table clashes with clubs that brought a decent away following.

If you look at my other posts I have said that I'm sure if we have any "big" games then yes the club will open the East End cos they'll want as many bums on seats/ ££'s in the till as possible. I still maintain that opening the East End, for, say Chesterfield or Walsall at home will make very little difference to anything.

Likewise for me - I will always miss a No of games due to work committments but I still buy a season ticket cos it guarantees me the seat I want, whenever I want it. Clearly the new stand was a fiasco but I don't buy the "conned" into buying a season ticket argument. Its almost a circular debate - most fans want the club to have funds to attract/retain the best players but then feel that they've been ripped off.

In the end footy is a results business - if we were top of the league few people would care about the stand.

You can't blame some fans for feeling slightly conned

Look at the players that left AFTER most season tickets were sold (although to be fair, whatever people say, most wanted Coles and Doherty to leave, despite us clearly missing them in hindsight.

The whole higher prices/less capacity point is a valid one.

At the end of the day obviously the club didnt set out to do all this, there's no evil mater plan to rip off the poor fans but this will have a negative affect on not only relations between club and supporters (which imo can not get much worse) but sales for next year.

Simply put, this is yet another example of giving big talks, only to not deliver. Harsh or not, that IS the grim reality of the situation.

Guest Harry Dolman

You can't blame some fans for feeling slightly conned

Look at the players that left AFTER most season tickets were sold (although to be fair, whatever people say, most wanted Coles and Doherty to leave, despite us clearly missing them in hindsight.

The whole higher prices/less capacity point is a valid one.

At the end of the day obviously the club didnt set out to do all this, there's no evil mater plan to rip off the poor fans but this will have a negative affect on not only relations between club and supporters (which imo can not get much worse) but sales for next year.

Simply put, this is yet another example of giving big talks, only to not deliver. Harsh or not, that IS the grim reality of the situation.

Agree we miss the Doherty/Coles of a few years back, but last year they were mostly rubbish anyway.

I think its another E.g of poor PR by the club - they would be far better to under promise & over deliver than the other way round.

Guest North Street

I totally disagree as opening the East End does make a differencec as more than a few posters on here feel.

Opening the East End will not make the atmosphere any worse will it? I have a season ticket because of the clubs statement on reduced capacity and i ceratinly do not sit in the seat i wish to this also applys to supporters who had to leave the Williams as the away fans were going to be placed there :doh:

Conned? Mmmmm feels like "ad over" !

Its is becoming a bit of a joke.

GAS, no money but seem to be able to arrange plans to rebuild there ground.

Brighton, no money, but getting a new ground

Even Shrewsbury are building a new ground see link Shrewsbury

We can't even build a stand. One bloody stand.

If they didn't have all the funding sorted then they shouldn't of announced anything.

Archived