IGNORED

Going Down Might Be The Answer?

Komazawa

Please correct me if I'm wrong (and I actually hope I have got the wrong end of the stick here) but wouldn't we be financially dead if we went down? I thought that we just hadn't budgeted for it. It would be a disaster.

What you say is in theory true, but I don't think it would work with a club who have gambled so much on promotion that hasn't followed for years.

Definatly not the answer.

This division, believe it or not is very hard to get out of. You may think that if you go down then you will go straight back up, but the reality is you won't basically.

Guest C.T.I.D

Definatly not the answer.

This division, believe it or not is very hard to get out of. You may think that if you go down then you will go straight back up, but the reality is you won't basically.

only have to look at you lot to prove that theory :blink:

Perhaps it'll do us some good to go down. Gain some momentum and push for promotion and push on from there. Rather that stay in this crap division where we're blatently going nowhere!

Going down is not the answer.

Belief and fighting for every ball by the players and proper support from the fans is what is needed right now. Surely if this division is crap the one below will be worse

Why would going down be the answer we have no money now and if we went down we would even have less look at the sags they have been down for 3 seasons and they have yet to rebuild so wats to say we would be the same would you rather go to grounds like leyton orient every week then go support the sags

Guest ashtonyate

Agreed. Total financial insolvency.

Football aside, people don't realise just how bad it is economically.

Some of us do I was around in 1982 and its starting to look that way again living beyound our means It was said then the club must never put its self at risk but its done it again

at least swindle are still bottom :dance:

And we just lost to them. How can we be happy when cr@p has just beat us?

I see a lot more in Swindon to suggest they will escape than I see in us.

Whether going down is the answer or not; it is the likeliest (sp?) outcome!

Perhaps it'll do us some good to go down. Gain some momentum and push for promotion and push on from there. Rather that stay in this crap division where we're blatently going nowhere!

Sorry, have to stop you there, but, we thought that. And look at us. The worst City team in decades (the current side) would still beat us.

Yeah. Really.

Going bust in League two will help us get to the championship quicker.

Nibor

And we just lost to them. How can we be happy when cr@p has just beat us?

I see a lot more in Swindon to suggest they will escape than I see in us.

Whether going down is the answer or not; it is the likeliest (sp?) outcome!

Have to disagree.

Yes they won no hinding that, I've just checked teletext and it still says 2-1!

But there is a lot more to come from City I am absolutley sure of that, however I am not blinkered enough to suggest we must startimg winning immediately and yes we are in a relegation dog fight.

However....our ten men more than held there own against them second half and I don't think an impartial person could not say a draw would not have been a fair result. We were very poor in parts of the game espcialy from the equlizer to half time.

I am not convinced that Swindon have any more to give than they did last night fitness and ability wise and it will not be enough on that evidence. If we say that was their best performance of the season. I beleive I am right in saying that the games we have won we have been more effective than that display.

Going down is most certainly NOT the option we should want to take. It was evident a few weeks ago that the best we could do this season is finish somewhere in the mid table. Avoiding relegation is a very good option to take. The transfer window in January (when I expect to see wholesale changes) is important. Should we be able to get hold of the right players with a never say die positive mental attitude we'll survive - and do rather better next season.

Historically, the majority of this clubs life has been spent lumping around Division 2, Divison 3 and Division 3 South. I don't see any reason why this should alter in the near future as long as the right players appear before February

Archived