IGNORED

Alex Russell

Guest shire_redz

Guest shire_redz

Oh well, it seems our saviour is a damp squib. When Sankofa went off we were effectively down to nine men. I think even Joe Whassisname who went to Wycombe would have made more of an impression.

Guest ashtonyate

Oh well, it seems our saviour is a damp squib. When Sankofa went off we were effectively down to nine men. I think even Joe Whassisname who went to Wycombe would have made more of an impression.

thats a bit unfair he has had a bad injury and it takes time to get back to match fitness

Guest alex1089

Agreed he has been out with injury and needs time to get match fit. But Cotterill was poor very very poor tonight, WAAAY to weak on the ball and showed no confidence or ability he needs a rest.

Guest alex1089

Sankofa, tackle for the sending off, shut up! 50/50 ball and your player dropped like a sack of spuds. Even sky knew it wasen't a sending off or even a free-kick.

I think it's a bit unfair to judge a player who has yet to play TWO, yes TWO league games for us.

In addition to that, he's played most of his first team football for us when we've been down to 10 men due to sendings off.

Some people really make me wonder where the hell they come from :laugh:

I think it's a bit unfair to judge a player who has yet to play TWO, yes TWO league games for us.

In addition to that, he's played most of his first team football for us when we've been down to 10 men due to sendings off.

Some people really make me wonder where the hell they come from :laugh:

So just because he's played 2 games we can't say he played crap last night?

Please show me where people have totally judged him!?!?

They have just stated a fact, he was ###### last night, end of.

I'm sure, and hope, we'll see better of him (can't be any worse surely!?)

Guest The Codfather 0312

I thought he did well myself considering it was his 1st start and his injury problems that he has had. What do you people want a defensive midfielder do? Score a hat trick on there 1st full game to say that he had a decent game?

Get real and get in the real world.

Lets see how some of you play on a saturday afternoon/sunday morning for your teams after you have been out with a injury for a few months in your 1st game back.

I was out injured for my sunday side for 6 months once with a damaged knee and when I was finnaly able to play again My 1st game back was a nightmare due to my lack of match fitness. I played terible as I couldn't keep up with the ball and run as far and fast to make the tackles and passes and get in the good posistions.

After a few games though it came back but took me a few mnths to get back to the player I once was.

It takes time so give the man a break and give him a bit of leeway for another game or two.

Guest BrotherErnieFromBarrowGurney

Luke's leaving on a Bosman at the end of the season. Would you stay?

I thought The Codfather was crap in that game too, knee injury or no knee injury.

So just because he's played 2 games we can't say he played crap last night?

Please show me where people have totally judged him!?!?

They have just stated a fact, he was ###### last night, end of.

I'm sure, and hope, we'll see better of him (can't be any worse surely!?)

Read the opening line of the original post in this thread.

Now next time before you try to have a pop, make sure you read everything else that has been said beforehand.

Dear Shire - Redz regarding Alex Russell (Oh well, it seems our saviour is a damp squib. When Sankofa went off we were effectively down to nine men. I think even Joe Whassisname who went to Wycombe would have made more of an impression).

Did you go to the match?

Why don't you try looking for something positive to say about a player of obvious quality who is trying to get back to full match fitness.

However fit a player may feel after a long spell out injured it is inevitable that it takes a while to get up to speed in a real match situation.

Try being a encouraging fan rather than another moaning fan. What good do you think you do by moaning?

Guest shire_redz

Why don't you try and find something positive to say about a fellow City fan? What good are you doing by slagging me off? I was just stating a fact. Why don't you just STFU?

I thought he did well myself considering it was his 1st start and his injury problems that he has had. What do you people want a defensive midfielder do? Score a hat trick on there 1st full game to say that he had a decent game?

Get real and get in the real world.

Lets see how some of you play on a saturday afternoon/sunday morning for your teams after you have been out with a injury for a few months in your 1st game back.

I was out injured for my sunday side for 6 months once with a damaged knee and when I was finnaly able to play again My 1st game back was a nightmare due to my lack of match fitness. I played terible as I couldn't keep up with the ball and run as far and fast to make the tackles and passes and get in the good posistions.

After a few games though it came back but took me a few mnths to get back to the player I once was.

It takes time so give the man a break and give him a bit of leeway for another game or two.

I thought you were a goalkeeper.

You can only judge a player by what he does on the pitch. If hes not fit don't play him (Russell) I'm fed up with peoples excuses like Cotterill has potential or Russell is a playmaker, They were both dreadful. I was not aware Cotterill was playing until the 53rd minute. We were playing with eight players not 10.

Russell made a lot of petty/niggly fouls. He was knocked offf the ball too easy, won nothing in the air but did deliver some good free kicks. Thats not enough at this or any level of football.

You can only judge a player by what he does on the pitch. If hes not fit don't play him (Russell) I'm fed up with peoples excuses like Cotterill has potential or Russell is a playmaker, They were both dreadful. I was not aware Cotterill was playing until the 53rd minute. We were playing with eight players not 10.

Russell made a lot of petty/niggly fouls. He was knocked offf the ball too easy, won nothing in the air but did deliver some good free kicks. Thats not enough at this or any level of football.

I don't think that Cotterill should be playing from the start, he is a player who you can bring on in the last say 20 minutes when the opponents are getting tired (but that hasn't really happened so far tis season anyway). Alex Russell was nothing short of crap on friday but I am confident that hopefully once he gets back into the swing of things, couple of games under his belt he could be a big asset to us (that's if Johnson doesn't want to ship him out)

Archived