K Pietersen

P Collingwood

A Flintoff

G Jones (wk)

A Giles

S Udal

M Hoggard

S Harmison

Points to prove and boots to fill ... we've been a little shaken by injuries but still looks a strong side.

Despite the recent loss to the Pakistani second stringers (same thing happened last winter!) looks like it'll be a fascinating start to what schould be a great series.

All together now: And did those feet ... :englandsmile4wf:

OK I'm off to set my alarm for 4:30!!

Sam :city:

P.S. Tom/Adam may like to pin if you're feeling nice?

• Admin

Pakistan 25-0 after 10 overs. Not a good toss to lose...

Fell asleep at 120-1(ish) and woke to 200-5(ish) :D

I suspect that on a pitch that everyone said would give no assistance to the bowlers, England will be the happiest with their day's efforts with Pakistan 244-6 at stumps.

244-6 at the close - pretty good. I'd probs have taken that at the start of the day considering the good start the Pakistani's had and the pitch which offwered diddly squat! Hopefully we can rattle through the tail and the fat man tomorrow morning and give the batsmen time to play with and set a decent lead. Fair play to Shaun Udal for taking his first test wicket, Alan "you don't win anything with kids" Hansen would be proud. Plenty of sport left to watch today!!

Our Marcus is going well - Gower has just said that he's second only to Ponting in test runs scored in the year.

Has to be said - I think he is the real key to this England side, ultra reliable and a real team player. Excellent day today, Tres excellent, Bell - so pleased for the guy, we need a player like him in the side and glad to see him do well. It's a shame Colly didn't do so well, 1st name on the teamsheet in the ODIs but not turned it on yet at test level ...

253-3 at stumps, just 20 runs behind!

Archived