IGNORED

Thank You Away Fans

Guest Britmatt

Guest Britmatt

Proud of you guys tonight. Just watched the game in the USA, with a load of my yank friends, and you lot were great. Heard you all night, and when the "hurricane" came in, sang louder and really impressed the Americans, who thought you were a load of nutters (especially the ones dancing without shirts on!)!!!!!!!

Although I am gutted with the result tonight (and cannot comment on the rest of the season seeing as I am so far away), I am still proud of the lads for battling for the second 45 minutes. There seems to be a core (Heywood, Brown, Brooker) who are bleeding for the side right now, and thought that some players showed promise in patches (Smith in particular, who played pretty passionately considering he has been gracing the reserves recently, and late on in the game Russell seemed to try to boss the midfield). Brooker leads from the front, and deserves the captains armband right now.

Stewart, despite his problems, looked up for it when he came on. Hopefully, he has burried the hatchet with Johnson, and we will see the better of him in the future. I would hate to see someone of his experience go, especially with what looks like a relegation fight on our hands. Overall, I think that we looked much better when the ball was on the deck, and it looks like Johnson has the players attempting to play the right kind of football, give time. The conditions were terrible tonight, and considering we were playing against the wind in the second half, managed to keep out a very ordinary, one-dimensional Swindon side. And we only had 10 men!!

As it stands, I would be much more concerned as a Swindon fan than I am with the City right now. Although we are not going up this season, I saw enough tonight to know we are not going down.

Keep the faith!!

CTID

Britmatt

Guest The Codfather 0312
Proud of you guys tonight. Just watched the game in the USA, with a load of my yank friends, and you lot were great. Heard you all night, and when the "hurricane" came in, sang louder and really impressed the Americans, who thought you were a load of nutters (especially the ones dancing without shirts on!)!!!!!!!

Although I am gutted with the result tonight (and cannot comment on the rest of the season seeing as I am so far away), I am still proud of the lads for battling for the second 45 minutes. There seems to be a core (Heywood, Brown, Brooker) who are bleeding for the side right now, and thought that some players showed promise in patches (Smith in particular, who played pretty passionately considering he has been gracing the reserves recently, and late on in the game Russell seemed to try to boss the midfield). Brooker leads from the front, and deserves the captains armband right now.

Stewart, despite his problems, looked up for it when he came on. Hopefully, he has burried the hatchet with Johnson, and we will see the better of him in the future. I would hate to see someone of his experience go, especially with what looks like a relegation fight on our hands. Overall, I think that we looked much better when the ball was on the deck, and it looks like Johnson has the players attempting to play the right kind of football, give time. The conditions were terrible tonight, and considering we were playing against the wind in the second half, managed to keep out a very ordinary, one-dimensional Swindon side. And we only had 10 men!!

As it stands, I would be much more concerned as a Swindon fan than I am with the City right now. Although we are not going up this season, I saw enough tonight to know we are not going down.

Keep the faith!!

CTID

Britmatt

Thanks for such a good post, great to see a change from the normal doom and gloom on here, We need more people like you on here.

I also came to the same conclusions of the game as you did and believe we now have a core of a team right through the middle with Heywood, Russell and Brooker (all Brian Tinnons signings). All we have to do now is build a team around them and get it right.

Looks like Tinman tried doing that but was blighted with injurys so didn't manage to quite get it right, ut if this core does work out then Tins should get the deserved praise for bringing them here and thinking of that idea.

Top post Britmatt!

I was questioning my sanity a few times last night when I was stood soaked through with driving rain lashing into my face having to put up with a bunch of Wiltshire muppets in the stand showing us how pathetic they really are.

But, the worse the game got, the better the away support got. Fair play to the City fans. The weather was appalling, the game was live on TV but we were there and got behind the chaps as much as we could in the horrible conditions. Put a roof on that bl**dy terrace Swindon.

We have to accept that this season is going to be a long hard struggle but we will be there and we won't give up on the terraces no matter what happens on the pitch.

:dance:

I also thought the stewards and police were ok tonight - they kept a sense of humour and did their jobs properly I thought.

Excellant post.

I was in the Arkells stand so kept dry, but all credit to the fans on the Stratton Bank first class.

On the Marcus Stewart theme he came over to where me and my mates were sat after the game and there was a mutual apprciation society thing going. Hopefully as has been posted Stewart will knuckle down, one thing we cannot do with out is class and quality but every body in the team needs to work hard first.

Archived