IGNORED

Blings Player Ratings

Lordofthebling

DISCLAIMER - These views are Blings, and Blings only. They do not represent those views of Bristol City FC, Gary Johnson, or the fans forum.

Basso - 7/10 - Did Ok, no chance with either of the goals, looked confident on crosses and a good talker.

Sankofa - 5/10 - Did nothing until he got sent off, Bouazza had him every single time.

Partridge - 5/10 - Ok he got injured, but everytime a player runs at him, his feet look like they are stuck in quicksand.

Joseph - 7/10 - and for me, Citys best player. Looked very solid and a straight forward defender.

Youga - 3/10 - where do I start? Awful distribution, was at fault for their first goal. He went and got the ball for Swindon, kicked it back, then they put it on the deck and passed it to McDermot, who was Yougas man. Awful.

Orr - 6/10 - 10/10 for effort, but his distribution and football brain let him down. Still don't think he is a right back, but is cover until Jan. Carey and Orr are not cut out for it.

Russell - 5/10 - Did nothing, but is still coming back from injury.

Brown - 7/10 - full of heart, but not a left winger. Has got an excellent shot on him, and with the right coaching should be the boy to take over from Tommys role.

Cotterill - 6/10 - tried his best, but should not be trying to beat men at left back, when playing as a right winger. Tried to do too much. Good engine, a rest should be in Garys mind.

Murray - 7/10 - yep, thats a 7 for the short time he was on the pitch. Looked up for it, and had the heart to take the second pressure penalty. I hope beyond hope that he can recapture some of his old confidence and form, as his heart is in it.

Brooker - 6/10 - had no service, no real chances, very frustrating for him. The idea of Murray and Cotterill supporting him did not work.

SUBS:

Heywood - 6/10 - cant fault him for Fallons goal, that was good football. I hope him and Joseph become the defensive pairing. Heywood looks a good leader and commited.

Stewart - 4/10 - had no service, tried for the short time he was on. I hope he wasnt in the shop window. We need to sort out service to the front two who should be Brooker and Stewart.

Smith - 4/10 - woeful. The only good thing he did tonight was rub the Stewards bald head. Looks overweight and has about as much pace as tomato ketchup. Was he honestly signed as a left winger?!

Overall, a good showing in the second half down to 10 men. It was never a sending off and Murrays penalty was saved. We need to sort out service to the front two sharpish. Cotterill has no end product, and Murray is struggling to beat a man with a yard of lost pace. The left and right back slot in particular is woeful, with no bite in midfield. My team to keep us up is as follows:

Basso

NEW SIGNING

Heywood

Joseph

Goldbourne

NEW SIGNING

Wilkshire

Brown

NEW SIGNING

Brooker

Stewart.

Omce again, a sad Bristol City performance. Rant over.

You must have watched a different game to me. Bouazza did not have the beating of Sankofa all night - that's rubbish.

You give Youga a 3 and Orr 6? Youga's distribution was far better than Orr's and he can control the ball. And he wasn't to blame for the goal.

How can you slag off Smith? He played really well and put in some cracking corners. He's easily the best crosser of a ball at this club.

Thankfully I agree with you regarding Joseph -I was impressed.

Youga and Orr both have problems with their distribution.

Youga is a committed player and likes to get stuck in, but like Orr often gives the ball away.

I agree that our strikers have nothing or no one to feed off, i feel sorry for Brooker because every game he is chasing a lost cause, we have no creativity in the midfield. We definatly missed Skuse last night in the middle.

Dear Bling, a fair set of ratings except that you are a bit harsh on G.Smith as he played about the best I've seen him play (whether that's good enough is another issue!), and with Youga you were being generous! Give Smith 5 and yoga 2 and you are about right!

On the whole it would have been a different match if Murray hadn't of got injured I'm sure. He is just finding a bit of form and showed how much it meant to him to score.

(Mr RedM announced after the sending off 'this is going to be another Swansea!'). However we didn't allow our heads to drop too much and certainly didn't cave in like we have previously. There was a bit of fight and spirit there, can't see where the goals will come from though.

DISCLAIMER - These views are Blings, and Blings only. They do not represent those views of Bristol City FC, Gary Johnson, or the fans forum.

Basso - 7/10 - Did Ok, no chance with either of the goals, looked confident on crosses and a good talker.

Sankofa - 5/10 - Did nothing until he got sent off, Bouazza had him every single time.

Partridge - 5/10 - Ok he got injured, but everytime a player runs at him, his feet look like they are stuck in quicksand.

Joseph - 7/10 - and for me, Citys best player. Looked very solid and a straight forward defender.

Youga - 3/10 - where do I start? Awful distribution, was at fault for their first goal. He went and got the ball for Swindon, kicked it back, then they put it on the deck and passed it to McDermot, who was Yougas man. Awful.

Orr - 6/10 - 10/10 for effort, but his distribution and football brain let him down. Still don't think he is a right back, but is cover until Jan. Carey and Orr are not cut out for it.

Russell - 5/10 - Did nothing, but is still coming back from injury.

Brown - 7/10 - full of heart, but not a left winger. Has got an excellent shot on him, and with the right coaching should be the boy to take over from Tommys role.

Cotterill - 6/10 - tried his best, but should not be trying to beat men at left back, when playing as a right winger. Tried to do too much. Good engine, a rest should be in Garys mind.

Murray - 7/10 - yep, thats a 7 for the short time he was on the pitch. Looked up for it, and had the heart to take the second pressure penalty. I hope beyond hope that he can recapture some of his old confidence and form, as his heart is in it.

Brooker - 6/10 - had no service, no real chances, very frustrating for him. The idea of Murray and Cotterill supporting him did not work.

SUBS:

Heywood - 6/10 - cant fault him for Fallons goal, that was good football. I hope him and Joseph become the defensive pairing. Heywood looks a good leader and commited.

Stewart - 4/10 - had no service, tried for the short time he was on. I hope he wasnt in the shop window. We need to sort out service to the front two who should be Brooker and Stewart.

Smith - 4/10 - woeful. The only good thing he did tonight was rub the Stewards bald head. Looks overweight and has about as much pace as tomato ketchup. Was he honestly signed as a left winger?!

Overall, a good showing in the second half down to 10 men. It was never a sending off and Murrays penalty was saved. We need to sort out service to the front two sharpish. Cotterill has no end product, and Murray is struggling to beat a man with a yard of lost pace. The left and right back slot in particular is woeful, with no bite in midfield. My team to keep us up is as follows:

Basso

NEW SIGNING

Heywood

Joseph

Goldbourne

NEW SIGNING

Wilkshire

Brown

NEW SIGNING

Brooker

Stewart.

Omce again, a sad Bristol City performance. Rant over.

How do you explain Youga to blame for firsat goal, if as reported he was not even on the field at the time.

[i.

[

youga was off pitch at the time.

not arguing with overall assessment though.

bit harsh on Smith i thought he did ok and he was never a left winger as he has said all along,has no pace but does have an eye for goal and a good left foot. :englandsmile4wf:

Two pints:

Orr, Rubbish, gotta get rid. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh, frustrating watching his pin point passing

Stewart: Why bother, well passed his sell by date, get rid and buy a decent striker. What a lot of fuss about nowt. This saviour of City horlicks is well overplayed. Another player who's in our nice comfort zone, HOPEFULLY about to be shattered by GJ. I would rather have Leeeeeeeeeeeroy than Stewart. or Bridges.Christ hes as bad as Miller & Robbo were supposed to be, in their day.

In case anyone aint noticed 2nd bottom is our lot. We need players who WILL get out and play well, get goals, get stuck in, will defend, and Stewart is a luxury our current position does not warrant. Was it Robbo, or Miller, or Gillespie in these two other players position 90% of you WOULD be caning them- RIGHTLY. Just because they have "deigned to sign for City" does not make them Gods- if they aint producing, bye bye now.

Hardly a great example to the much maligned academy kids either, these *ahem* seasoned pros setting a belting example-ALLEGEDLY, wheres my damn dog? :laugh: Brooker is twice the striker they will ever be at City-at least he WORKS!!

Mybe Youga was off the field, but who kicks the ball back to the opposing team when they get a free kick? Let them get it...

Schoolboy stuff.

Suppose murray and youga off did not help things.

I gave Youga a 3 as I thought he was awful. He doesnt seem bothered and his sshhhhh to Heywood got my goat. Its argued that I gave Orr a higher rating. Thye were both bad, buts Orrs heart was in it.

Smith did nothing for me. Is not a winger. Maybe he is being played out of the position, but he did nothing.

One up front did not work - again.

Archived