IGNORED

Gjs Loan Signings

A Horse With No Name

All we keep hearing is how GJ cannot wait until January comes. Well to be honest, the quality of his loan signings so far have been pitiful. Sankofa aside, who started well but has been average since, they are actually worse than the players they have replaced. Is Quinn any better than Stewart? Is Youga any better than Golbourne or Woodman? Does Joseph look any good at all?

I really feel that just by diving willy nilly into the market after xmas, we could end up in serious trouble.

All we keep hearing is how GJ cannot wait until January comes. Well to be honest, the quality of his loan signings so far have been pitiful. Sankofa aside, who started well but has been average since, they are actually worse than the players they have replaced. Is Quinn any better than Stewart? Is Youga any better than Golbourne or Woodman? Does Joseph look any good at all?

I really feel that just by diving willy nilly into the market after xmas, we could end up in serious trouble.

Sankofa and Joseph have done well so far. Youga isn't great so far but Woodman is much worse. Even though Youga is poor, he still was barely troubled for most of the game, and not many problems came down his side. As for Quinn, he was back up for Brooker. what we need is a left winger in on loan with decent quality on crossing.

thing is he can only choose froma limited amount of players..after January the market becomes open to anyone!

Personally I think Youga is far worse than Woodman, and no match for Golbourne. How is Joseph any better than Keogh? Sankofas inexperience shows too often, Charlon are gaining more from his loan than we are. As for Quinn, no wonder NI hardly score any goals. And who would you prefer, Quinn or Gillespie? GJ decides we need leaders at the back, and promptly brings in 2 youngsters with little or no experience. We need pace up front, and get Quinn! It seems to be change just for the sake of it, and is getting like Pulis Mark II.

Guest roejowland

right then ...

SANKOFA - started well but keeps giving away goals and although i don't think it should have been a sending off, it was.

YOUGA - battles hard and is looking ok. golbourne should be playing though imo.

QUINN - looked ok but not as good as brooker.

JOESPH - hasn't hardly played, did fine in a constantly shuffling side against swindon. don't criticise him because you haven't seen him yet. yes he's much better and older than keogh. OMFG

so not great loan signings but its players that we need. IMO we need a midfield and to pass the ball like we did when johnson first came.

Swindon 6 loan signings

Bristol city 5 loans signings

Both bottom of the league.

Somethings tellin me sumit.

Stop the loan signings!!

I don't fully agree with you on this one but the points you state do indicate that there is a case in your argument... But Swindon need the loan signings, we've needed them for 3 or 4 seasons now.

If it wasn't for Heaton in goal we'd have had a couple of 7-1 losses by now! Bouazza's done a good job since joining... McDermott got a crucial goal for us on Friday... Gurney has brought experience into our defence.

Granted there are a couple of loanees that haven't gone to plan but Iffy is doing well in my opinion... I certainly don't think they are fully responsible for Swindon being bottom.

I don't fully agree with you on this one but the points you state do indicate that there is a case in your argument... But Swindon need the loan signings, we've needed them for 3 or 4 seasons now.

If it wasn't for Heaton in goal we'd have had a couple of 7-1 losses by now! Bouazza's done a good job since joining... McDermott got a crucial goal for us on Friday... Gurney has brought experience into our defence.

Granted there are a couple of loanees that haven't gone to plan but Iffy is doing well in my opinion... I certainly don't think they are fully responsible for Swindon being bottom.

I don't think that there fully responsibe my Swindle friend. My point is that both of our teams have lots of loan signings, for Bristols point of view the team is unsettled, players don't know where they stand and how the others play. We have 4 or more forwards at the club and get more in on loan. Loans in the long run don't work. The odd player to fill a gap is fine but 5 or 6 players come in and maybe 1 or 2 stay. The rest go back and you have to fill those slots again. I'm not sure how many loan signings the top teams have got but I'd hazard a guess that its not many.

I'm sure there's a boffin out there that will prove me wrong now.

I don't think that there fully responsibe my Swindle friend. My point is that both of our teams have lots of loan signings, for Bristols point of view the team is unsettled, players don't know where they stand and how the others play. We have 4 or more forwards at the club and get more in on loan. Loans in the long run don't work. The odd player to fill a gap is fine but 5 or 6 players come in and maybe 1 or 2 stay. The rest go back and you have to fill those slots again. I'm not sure how many loan signings the top teams have got but I'd hazard a guess that its not many.

I'm sure there's a boffin out there that will prove me wrong now.

No argument from me there.... Right now I'm thinking what does it matter because there is only something like two Swindon players contracted for next season!

Sorry i know not many people went to the Notts County match but Youga was actually the only player who looked like he wanted to win! Some great runs and crosses but still never looked weak at the back.

I went to the Notts game and I agree with you. Youga showed some good touches. One thing no-one has mentioned is that he has a lot of pace. This is always great for getting forward and for recovering. I thought his distribution was very poor on Friday but he did have one less player to pick out for most of the game!

I'm not sure John Terry, Sol or Rio will sign for us on loan. imo Sankofa hasn't been brilliant, but has still played as well as could be expected in what is unfortunately a poor performing team. Joseph has played one game. He has come from a Hull team that he was skippering earlier in the season, so he can't be all that bad. Either that, or his leadership skills warrant a place in our starting eleven. I'd trust Peter Taylor's judgement. He seems to think Joseph's a good player. Youga I haven't seen enough of so wont pass comment on. And Quinn was, as I think someone's pointed out, brought in as cover for Brooker. He looks a fairly decent player and I would be more than happy to have him at the club as a third choice striker at the very least. He's better than Bridges! Roll on January. Hopefully then GJ will have a decent scope of players to choose from, whether they be loan signings, or permenent.

Archived