IGNORED

I Have Just Reasd This

ziderfarmer

Colin/Steve,

this is not me but a post to mr lansdown

"I feel I must write to you about a certain behaviour from a number of our so-called supporters, and the lack of response from Poilce and Stewards from Swindon.

1) Throughout the first half a man in his 20's was blatantly drunk so how he got in the ground is my first point?

2) From then on there were songs about different religions and reaction to certain countries in the world - once again in full view of stewards and police nothing done.

3) Songs then started to focus on Ian Holloway and his children totally uncalled for and once again watched by police and stewards.

I would like your comments on how a member of our so called club can gain entry into the ground although obviously drunk and then get away with singing racist songs all the way through the game.

Apart from these few mindless idiots I am happy with the city fans performance in the second half and although no roof could be used for the sound there was plenty of it coming out supporting the boys.

I look forward to your comments on the stewards and police at this game"

is he talking rubbish or what! i agree a few were drunk but i don't remeber racists chants or about holloways kids.

i remember i predict a riot as i really smacked one that jumped into me.

appart from that i don't recall these chants do you! and i was right next to it!

i was right next to it aswell the only racists songs i heard where towards christian roberts

however if that person does not want to hear this then i suggest they don't go to city vs swansea

The bloke is clearly an idiot and an example of why our football club and country as a whole is going to pot. Too PC for its own good.If he cares more about a little bit of swearing than supporting his football club then he can f##k off as far as I'm concerned. I heard nothing racial, except as you say, something about Roberts and sheep sh@gging which is just harmless banter

The bloke is clearly an idiot and an example of why our football club and country as a whole is going to pot. Too PC for its own good.If he cares more about a little bit of swearing than supporting his football club then he can f##k off as far as I'm concerned. I heard nothing racial, except as you say, something about Roberts and sheep sh@gging which is just harmless banter (Quote)

Debatable who the idiot is here. Your argument is completely skewed. This supporter like many of us has no problem with banter, but just like me feels very uncomfortable and unsettled when the support becomes abusive and racist.

I went to Oldham as my first away match this season and I found the antics of a group of about 30 male city supporters hard to stomach. There singing was incessant: a positive, but most of it was vitriolic and abusive: a major negative. I supporter must have been in his mid forties, balding and to all on first impressions, a perfectly normal human being. He spent most of the match trying to incite the crowd to, in my opinion, get out of control. He didn't watch the match, he stood up, faced back up the stand trying to motivate the crowd with abusive songs. I had my 9 year old son with me. I don't expect to have to shield his ears from that sort of stuff. The bloke was an absolute spud.

Your argument about 'too PC' completely misses the point. Most people in this country subscribe to a civilised code of behaviour. You advocate behaviour that is mindless, vitriolic, unlawful and irresponsible. By all means support City. But if you can't do it within the boundaries of common decency, then I suggest it is you who needs to clear off.

• Admin

The bloke is clearly an idiot and an example of why our football club and country as a whole is going to pot. Too PC for its own good.If he cares more about a little bit of swearing than supporting his football club then he can f##k off as far as I'm concerned. I heard nothing racial, except as you say, something about Roberts and sheep sh@gging which is just harmless banter (Quote)

Debatable who the idiot is here. Your argument is completely skewed. This supporter like many of us has no problem with banter, but just like me feels very uncomfortable and unsettled when the support becomes abusive and racist.

I went to Oldham as my first away match this season and I found the antics of a group of about 30 male city supporters hard to stomach. There singing was incessant: a positive, but most of it was vitriolic and abusive: a major negative. I supporter must have been in his mid forties, balding and to all on first impressions, a perfectly normal human being. He spent most of the match trying to incite the crowd to, in my opinion, get out of control. He didn't watch the match, he stood up, faced back up the stand trying to motivate the crowd with abusive songs. I had my 9 year old son with me. I don't expect to have to shield his ears from that sort of stuff. The bloke was an absolute spud.

Your argument about 'too PC' completely misses the point. Most people in this country subscribe to a civilised code of behaviour. You advocate behaviour that is mindless, vitriolic, unlawful and irresponsible. By all means support City. But if you can't do it within the boundaries of common decency, then I suggest it is you who needs to clear off.

Don't forget the original point was that people were saying they never heard this !

When I read this on the ASK Steve site, I wondered if I was at the same game, to me if it was being sung then surely we would have heard it, but if he is talking about a small number of fans at the end of the day there was that much space he could have moved !

Spot on.

Too much inciteful, abusive and racist chanting hides under the blanket of 'harmless banter'.

:angry:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Oh dear, I see the old Anti Welsh/Racism arguement rears it's predicatable and tiresome head again.

Quick, phone the old bill, someone just called Christian Roberts a sheep shagger!

It's not racist, it's Xenophobic, surely you boring liberals with your tired rhetoric know the diffeerence, as you seem to preach to us such nonsense at every given chance.

I went to Oldham as my first away match this season and I found the antics of a group of about 30 male city supporters hard to stomach. There singing was incessant: a positive, but most of it was vitriolic and abusive: a major negative. I supporter must have been in his mid forties, balding and to all on first impressions, a perfectly normal human being.

What planet are you on, virtually all the singing at oldham was positive!!! Songs like come on you reds, come on city come on city and drink up thee cider were sung all the time.

What abusive songs are you on about?? I can't remember any. In fact there was a number of posts on various message boards from oldham fans saying how good the CITY fans were, and how they were impressed with the way we kept supporting the team even when we were 2 goals down!!!

It is muppets like you that have killed any semblance of atmosphere at ASHTON GATE with your incessant whining and moaning at any behaviour that is remotely boistrous!! Oldham was exactly what supporting a team was all about, and if you can't accept that then you would be better off in a theatre with the rest of the prawn sandwich brigade!!!

I've always known screaming, shouting, swearing at football matches from Downs league to top flight. People stumbling around drunk and the elderly supporters taking crafty nips from a whiskey flask on a cold day. This is the very spirit of football support, if you don't like it watch ballet instead. Better still why not grass up a few toffs/snobs as they illegally hunt foxes rather than pick on ordinary bods enjoying supporting their favourite team. Or would the people complaining be toffs/snobs themselves?

Colin/Steve,

this is not me but a post to mr lansdown

"I feel I must write to you about a certain behaviour from a number of our so-called supporters, and the lack of response from Poilce and Stewards from Swindon.

1) Throughout the first half a man in his 20's was blatantly drunk so how he got in the ground is my first point?

I would think at this moment in time with the dross being served up it helps a great deal to enter the ground blind drunk! I feel sorry for all you lot who watch this crap week in week out sober!

I would think at this moment in time with the dross being served up it helps a great deal to enter the ground blind drunk! I feel sorry for all you lot who watch this crap week in week out sober!

I was pretty wrecked goin into the ground,

And there was no racist comments or anything, whoever wrote it is just seekin attention and creeping to SL

Some people always complain about those supporters who make a game thats goin badly a good laugh,

Pathetic.. goin back to the me vs routabout thread again

Archived