IGNORED

Eddie Guerrero Has Passed Away

sephjnr

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/eddieguerreropasses

Legend and former WWE champion Eddie Guerrero was found dead this morning by his cousin Chavo in his hotel room in Minnesota, on the day of a pair of WWE TV tapings on which he would have fought Batista and Randy Orton for the World Title. He was 38 years old.

One of wrestlings most-loved (and most-troubled) characters, Eddie's career high was surely in February last year after winning the WWE title (not the World as aforementioned) from Brock Lesnar. He was in the SmackDown main-event mix for several months.

RIP Eddie Guerrero 1967 - 2005.

Guest MaloneFM

Phew...wow..old Eddie eh?

The Edmeister. The Edatollah. Who'd have thought it...well well well...tut.

Is Sid Little going to carry on by himself now then or what?

Guest MaloneFM

RONNIE!

You are my adopted nephew and I love you in a non Gary Glitter way.

But if you get arsey with Unckie Rog I'll kick your arse up to your room. Now have a Werthers you little swine!

Guest MaloneFM

Unless I am very much mistaken Ronnie 'Boutros Boutros Ghali' are three words. An ex secretary general of the United Nations and lover of a good dirty joke.

Now if no one can make a story out of that I'm sure he knows one or two. Usually involving nuns and push ups in cucumber patches.

Guest harveythompson

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/eddieguerreropasses

Legend and former WWE champion Eddie Guerrero was found dead this morning by his cousin Chavo in his hotel room in Minnesota, on the day of a pair of WWE TV tapings on which he would have fought Batista and Randy Orton for the World Title. He was 38 years old.

One of wrestlings most-loved (and most-troubled) characters, Eddie's career high was surely in February last year after winning the WWE title (not the World as aforementioned) from Brock Lesnar. He was in the SmackDown main-event mix for several months.

RIP Eddie Guerrero 1967 - 2005.

Obviosly its sad that someone has died but still.............. Wrestling isn't real! He probably died from screwing up his heart with all of those steroids.

Isn't the fact wrestling is not real irrelavant? a great actor has died. R.I.P.

Agreed.

R.I.P. Eddie. Thanks for all the memories.

Probably back on drugs...

Thats a hell of a assumption. Show some respect, nobody knows what happened yet.

IPB Image

Thats Eddie, died of heart failure the autopsy confirmed today.

Evidence that alcohol abuse along with drug abuse, does and will cause you problems (if not kill you in the end).

I've got his DVD, and it's actually quite good. Although he's been off of both for a while, surely his past has finally caught up with him.

No offence Dolly but you wanted George Best to die in pain but this druggee is ok...?

Well RONNIE I really couldnt give a damn about the man to be honest, I had to sit through hours of WWE wrestling thanks to an ex, and so I knew a bit about the bloke. Its just a bit shocking when someone of his age dies suddenly, George Best is a different kettle of fish.

Evidence that alcohol abuse along with drug abuse, does and will cause you problems (if not kill you in the end).

I've got his DVD, and it's actually quite good. Although he's been off of both for a while, surely his past has finally caught up with him.

Yep his past caught up with him, heart disease brought on via drugs and drinking.

Well RONNIE I really couldnt give a damn about the man to be honest, I had to sit through hours of WWE wrestling thanks to an ex, and so I knew a bit about the bloke. Its just a bit shocking when someone of his age dies suddenly, George Best is a different kettle of fish.

Geroge has basically been given a second chance via a transplant and has decided to pi$$ it away which is very disrespectful to the person who gave him that second chance and to those in need of a transplant.

And just to prove that I've been paying attention, earlier in that week they had celebrated the fact that Eddie had been on the wagon for 4 years- he was fired in 2001 after a flashpoint, and worked his ass off on the independent circuit before being picked up again in 2003. And in February last year, he became the first hispanic wrestler to win the WWE title in over 30 years. Something that no Briton has done at all.

Call wrestling what you like, but what other sport - legit or otherwhise - demands you to do what you do 300 nights of the year (if you are lucky to get that many gigs), not including travel, no pensions, no injury insurance, a laughable drugs policy and still a far lower mortality rate than most sports?

Guest harveythompson

And just to prove that I've been paying attention, earlier in that week they had celebrated the fact that Eddie had been on the wagon for 4 years- he was fired in 2001 after a flashpoint, and worked his ass off on the independent circuit before being picked up again in 2003. And in February last year, he became the first hispanic wrestler to win the WWE title in over 30 years. Something that no Briton has done at all.

Call wrestling what you like, but what other sport - legit or otherwhise - demands you to do what you do 300 nights of the year (if you are lucky to get that many gigs), not including travel, no pensions, no injury insurance, a laughable drugs policy and still a far lower mortality rate than most sports?

Mate, the writers decide this. It is no acomplishment

Guest Legend City Man

I cant beleive any of you actually believe he is dead, its a PR stunt surely.. Wrestling is all one big act, as is this mans death.. Give it a few weeks and he'l make a shock comeback to life appearence on WWE!

Mate, the writers decide this. It is no acomplishment

Fine then. Think of a title win more of a testimonial to one man's long service to the business that he loved, and recognition from the people that loved him, both from inside the business and inside the stands & homes of his fans. Nothing fraudulent about human spirit, even in a pre-scripted, rehearsed performance environment.

And it's also a symbol of faith from promoter to wrestler that entrusts the champion to draw money. Sort of like the captain's armband, except the recipient only has to carry 1 deadbeat instead of 10.

I cant beleive any of you actually believe he is dead, its a PR stunt surely.. Wrestling is all one big act, as is this mans death.. Give it a few weeks and he'l make a shock comeback to life appearence on WWE!

Surely they wouldnt put his kids through that, I havent seen any coverage since he died, but I'm sure if previous stuff is anything to go by they would have had pictures of his wife and kids sobbing thrown in their somewhere????

Archived