IGNORED

Williams Stand

Tully Bascomb

I have been a ST holder in the Williams Stand for the last 20 years and a regular attender at the club for 45 years and, like others, have already had to move seats before (platinum seat installation). I am therefore dismayed that the club is planning to do the same again. Furthermore, to impart this information by letter (which in itself shows a certain arrogance) with very little information and with 3 of the 4 options probably being beyond the finances of the "normal" person, is unsatisfactory in the extreme. Don't forget that many of these people are shareholders as well unlike your soon to be "caviare crowd".

As you are aware (well I thought you were but I'm not so sure now) the ST holders are a vital source of funding to the club and are generally fans who stay loyal to the club through thick and thin. Where is your loyalty to the supporters? To be treated in this manner is nothing short of despicable and is bound to upset those whose seats are effected. You may say "so what?" as this seems to be the attitude to many things lately to fans from the Ashton Gate hierarchy. If the playing staff have to put up with this as well, it's no wonder that performances have gone downhill.

I would urge you to get your act together and call a meeting with those fans, no sorry, credit cards that you look down on from your "throne" to explain to us the whys and wherefores of the proposed seating alterations; there are many questions to be answered, and this would also enable us to respond.

In the past I have vigorously defended you if in earshot of derogatory remarks but the way that fans are being treated lately leads me to think that they are right and I, unfortunately, am wrong.

Well written 'grumpy old man' and applause for this post comes from me as well as boneyardTim. :dance:

BCFC has to be the biggest and worst run club in the whole football league at the moment. Loyal supporters have now been totally alienated by the antics of the playing staff and now the commercial department. :doh:

Archived