IGNORED

Makes I Laugh! Hmm, I bet there's a smilie on here that conveys laughter but I'm too lazy to look for it.!

JudgeRed

This thread make me laugh. I think of all the hyp it coused when he signed for the club back in the summer.

" He's going to be a 20+ goals a season" strikers for us "He loves this club with all his heart" then there was the t-shirts "Bristol Born & Red" :Cheeky33: :Laugh4:

He's a big white elephant. Just proves how much a few forum members on here know very little about real football.

This thread make me laugh. I think of all the hyp it coused when he signed for the club back in the summer.

" He's going to be a 20+ goals a season" strikers for us "He loves this club with all his heart" then there was the t-shirts "Bristol Born & Red" :Cheeky33: :Laugh4:

He's a big white elephant. Just proves how much a few forum members on here know very little about real football.

ok but why do you find it funny? Personnaly I'm disappointed for the club and Stewart that it hasn't come off.

When Stewart signed for you, on the basis of last season, I thought "Uh-Oh" but when I watched his effort (shot woefully wide) on Friday night I couldn't believe I was ever worried by his presence in this division.

Credit to my girlfriend though... She said upon his arrival "once a Gashead, always a gashead". She hasn't been proved wrong as of yet!

When Stewart signed for you, on the basis of last season, I thought "Uh-Oh" but when I watched his effort (shot woefully wide) on Friday night I couldn't believe I was ever worried by his presence in this division.

Credit to my girlfriend though... She said upon his arrival "once a Gashead, always a gashead". She hasn't been proved wrong as of yet!

but what did your girlfriend mean though? That he was cr4p and still is or that he's subconsciously undermining his own skills because he used to be a city player? Please tell your young lady that Stewart was a city fan and trialled for city (who rejected him ... :doh: )

but what did your girlfriend mean though? That he was cr4p and still is or that he's sunconsciously undermining his own skills because he used to be a city player? Please tell your young lady that Stewart was a city fan and trialled for city (who rejected him ... :doh: )

I think she meant it because he's a Rovers legend. Not about Statto facts about his career Pre-Professional career.

I go by the conspiracy that he has signed for you to bleed you dry and take you back several years in progress.

I think she meant it because he's a Rovers legend. Not about about Statto facts about his career Pre-Professional career.

I go by the conspiracy that he has signed for you to bleed you dry and take you back several years in progress.

and so far it appears to be working ... so in that sense he's been a success.

Stewart was slow to get going at Sunderland last season, the fans began to get on his back but he managed to turn in some great performances and ended up top scorer with 17 I think and a hero for helping the mackems back to the prem. What we don't have though is the time to wait until the second half of the season for the goals to come, we need them now.

Touche.

Do you think he'll stay? I can't see him going up a division.

who knows what is said in the dressing room and that really is the measure of whether he will stay or not. There's no realy place in GJ's team for fading stars, or strikers who might get going some time in February. Personally I'd love him to stay and come good. I'm not so bothered about Bridges. The other factor is the wages budget ...

Guest Birminham Cidered

Are you saying you didnt get slightly optimistic when we signed Stewart?At the time it seemed entirely conceivable,nay,likely that he would score twenty goals a season.And with good service there is a more than fair chance he would have done.And as for not knowing much about "real football" i do apologise on behalf of everyone else on the forum.If you could just put up a link to your football league statistics(Appearances,goals etc),and a brief history of your experience as a football league manager i would be most grateful.I'm sure you would have taught Marcus and Tinnion a thing or two in your heyday!

Stewart was slow to get going at Sunderland last season, the fans began to get on his back but he managed to turn in some great performances and ended up top scorer with 17 I think and a hero for helping the mackems back to the prem. What we don't have though is the time to wait until the second half of the season for the goals to come, we need them now.

If we really could be sure Marcus would start scoring then of course we would wait. But we can't be sure and so do we take the risk, and risky it would be?

I think it is sad that things haven't (yet) worked out. I'm not sure where the blame lies and who is at fault. The player, the manager(s) or the fans? Too much promise, too much expectation or too little effort? Along with injuries, and so many rumours that I don't know what to believe anymore.

I just hope the situation sorts itself out one way or another soon as it can't go on like this much longer. :(

Guest shantrb

Are you saying you didnt get slightly optimistic when we signed Stewart?At the time it seemed entirely conceivable,nay,likely that he would score twenty goals a season.And with good service there is a more than fair chance he would have done.And as for not knowing much about "real football" i do apologise on behalf of everyone else on the forum.If you could just put up a link to your football league statistics(Appearances,goals etc),and a brief history of your experience as a football league manager i would be most grateful.I'm sure you would have taught Marcus and Tinnion a thing or two in your heyday!

Judge Red- Condescending attitude-20

I'm not so bothered about Bridges.

I'd prefer Bridges to come good for us, younger, more athletic, lots more time in his career to play for us and if he gets back to his form of a few years ago if we do ever go up then we have a guy with the experience who is still young and would do well in any division. Stewart only has like 2 years left in him if that.

I agree with your girlfriend.He is a bloody Gashead.

Got the bloody Rovers Tattoo on his leg.

He came back for the adoration,easy ride and the easy chance to come home.

And we've been made to look like mugs

I'm not so bothered about Bridges.

I'd prefer Bridges to come good for us, younger, more athletic, lots more time in his career to play for us and if he gets back to his form of a few years ago if we do ever go up then we have a guy with the experience who is still young and would do well in any division. Stewart only has like 2 years left in him if that.

I dito that comment i would like to see Bridges given more of a chance up front for us. Brooker and Bridges attack looks and sounds good.

When he first came here a Sunderland fan was asked for his assessment. His reply was that we should give him time. He told us that Stewart was a slow starter last season too and that Sunderland fans were on his back. but by the end of the season they were all applauding their 17 goal top scorer.

Why has everyone forgotten this in the scramble to find another scapegoat ?

In case you havent noticed, the whole team is playing badly right now ! Should we sell every one of them and start with another brand new team ? (as we did last season so successfully) or should we start showing faith in the players we have ? Players who do still have considerable ability.

I really fail to believe that a striker who scored 17 goals in the championship last season has become rubbish overnight. But now we are in a relegation dog-fight people expect our star players to perform miracles and attack them when they fail.

Brooker and Stewart was our best front two when we started the season. And unless we sign Thierry Henry and Andriy Shevchenko tomorrow they will remain our best front two. (or do you think Quinn, Bridges or Gillespie will do a better job ?) Show a bit of faith.

But if it makes you feel better to say 'told you so'...

Guest TimmerD

When he first came here a Sunderland fan was asked for his assessment. His reply was that we should give him time. He told us that Stewart was a slow starter last season too and that Sunderland fans were on his back. but by the end of the season they were all applauding their 17 goal top scorer.

Why has everyone forgotten this in the scramble to find another scapegoat ?

In case you havent noticed, the whole team is playing badly right now ! Should we sell every one of them and start with another brand new team ? (as we did last season so successfully) or should we start showing faith in the players we have ? Players who do still have considerable ability.

I really fail to believe that a striker who scored 17 goals in the championship last season has become rubbish overnight. But now we are in a relegation dog-fight people expect our star players to perform miracles and attack them when they fail.

Brooker and Stewart was our best front two when we started the season. And unless we sign Thierry Henry and Andriy Shevchenko tomorrow they will remain our best front two. (or do you think Quinn, Bridges or Gillespie will do a better job ?) Show a bit of faith.

But if it makes you feel better to say 'told you so'...

I couldn't agree more - well said.

Guest theoldfirstdivision

It was me who said he was leaving and i still stand by what i said just wait and see

I believed you then...and I still do.

His BCFC World interview did not convince me that he is staying. There was a very strange edit in the interview after he was asked once about his future and gave the normal footballer's reply. Might have been a technical fault with the camera...but you can almost imagine him asking for the tape to be stopped and then telling the interviewing not to probe about his future.

Archived