IGNORED

Viynl To Digital ?

Gerry Gows' Tash

Guest The Codfather 0312
I've got a load of old viynl which I want to transfer to my ipod, anyone know how to go about doing this, if it can be done that is ?

Vinynl to tape, Tape to Cd, Cd to Computer, Computer to Ipod.

you got a seperates system???

lp deck to to ure amp. theres 2 leads coming from the tape deck to the amp rec (out) and play (in) or summit similar, from the back of the amp where the tape deck plugs in unplug the rec (out) cable, use a 2 phono - 3.5 jack lead in its place to go to input slot on ure sound card that way the sound from the vinyl is ran straight through to the pc without the need for tapes and cds

when you record to pc it will be in .WAV format which takes up a lot of disk space (up to 200 megabytes a song) clog up ure ipod very quickly. use a wav - mp3 converter after to shorten file size and make the music compatible with your ipod

let me know how you get on

you got a seperates system???

lp deck to to ure amp. theres 2 leads coming from the tape deck to the amp rec (out) and play (in) or summit similar, from the back of the amp where the tape deck plugs in unplug the rec (out) cable, use a 2 phono - 3.5 jack lead in its place to go to input slot on ure sound card that way the sound from the vinyl is ran straight through to the pc without the need for tapes and cds

when you record to pc it will be in .WAV format which takes up a lot of disk space (up to 200 megabytes a song) clog up ure ipod very quickly. use a wav - mp3 converter after to shorten file size and make the music compatible with your ipod

let me know how you get on

Damn straight, thats how.... you need two phono leads, and an adaptor. The two leads will go in the back of the amp and the two other ends go into a phono adaptor. This then goes in the line in on the back of the computer.

You need some software, (there is some free stuff off download.com) which will record and trnsfer it from .wav to .mp3.

I'm here also if you need any help yo...

good luck.

I recommend Audacity for ease of use, but for more professional stuff i use SoundForge which can be found on any BT site...

xferring the music to tape is probably the worst way to do it. played, you pleb.

Encode it at 192kbps at 44100 sample rate. Its what i use for when i record my vinyl to cd for gigs.

good luck.

I recommend Audacity for ease of use, but for more professional stuff i use SoundForge which can be found on any BT site...

xferring the music to tape is probably the worst way to do it. played, you pleb.

Encode it at 192kbps at 44100 sample rate. Its what i use for when i record my vinyl to cd for gigs.

Er, record in WAV format at 44100, and 16 bit stereo - encode later if you need to, its always easier to downgrade quality then upgrade it.

Audio Cleaning Lab can help remove hiss and whatnot too.

I had a bit of trouble finding one of the phono adapters.

As many people play music and stuff from their computer through their HI FI, computer fairs are the best place to find one. Then Dixons or Maplins for the phono leads.

if going down the seperates system road a phono adapter is not required

I've got a load of old viynl which I want to transfer to my ipod, anyone know how to go about doing this, if it can be done that is ?

Mr Tash - Being an old git, I had the very same problem. I foud the easiest way was to forget transferring from your vinyl altogether. Just sign up with Limewire, who should have all the tunes you have on vinyl, and whack 'em straight onto your ipod. Easy Peasy.

Mr Tash - Being an old git, I had the very same problem. I foud the easiest way was to forget transferring from your vinyl altogether. Just sign up with Limewire, who should have all the tunes you have on vinyl, and whack 'em straight onto your ipod. Easy Peasy.

I tried limewire and it just gave my pc a load of viruses and I didn't even manage to download anything

:@

• Admin

This is something I want to do as well (vinyl - CD), I doubt limewire or kazza can help as I have some rare Led Zep bootlegs etc. which I want to save to CD in case the originals ever get damaged.

I have seen some programmes in PC world for about £20 which claim to convert the input from the record player to MP3 - can anyone recommend a decent programme. Also where in the back of the PC do I need to put the leads from the turntable?

This is something I want to do as well (vinyl - CD), I doubt limewire or kazza can help as I have some rare Led Zep bootlegs etc. which I want to save to CD in case the originals ever get damaged.

I have seen some programmes in PC world for about £20 which claim to convert the input from the record player to MP3 - can anyone recommend a decent programme. Also where in the back of the PC do I need to put the leads from the turntable?

You may be suprised. I got a lot of 80's funk & groove from limewire that you can't get anywhere on vinyl.

Archived