IGNORED

Bridges

scarz3

Guest SteveinNC

Would you like to see Michael Bridges up front with Brooker , behind two front men in the "hole" , or not playing at all ?

It baffles me why Bridges has not been given an extended run in the team. I know he has been injured some, but he is fit now, and has the class to open up defences. :dunno:

It baffles me why Bridges has not been given an extended run in the team. I know he has been injured some, but he is fit now, and has the class to open up defences. :dunno:

I think you will find that it is stipulated in Bridges' contract that if he plays a certain amount of games this season then the club MUST offer him the second year option on his contract, hence the continuing non appearances

Guest OrrToScore

Bridges should play regardless oif the clause, he is a quality player and derserves a chance, i think with a run in the team he could score and supply alot of goals. Every time i have seen him, he is very aware of his surroundings and get into some nice positions as well as picking out some nice passes.

The club obviously want to keep the wage bill down next year and see it a good idea to get rid of Bridges, if they don't want him to gain a new contract next year then they may aswell get rid of him now.

Judging by his plee in the Evening Post , he obviously has alot of desire to play!!

Bridges and Brooker would work upfront, both have tve the footballing brain to feed of each other.

Lets Make This An Official Play Bridges Thread! :dance:

Guest misterpeeuk

I think you will find that it is stipulated in Bridges' contract that if he plays a certain amount of games this season then the club MUST offer him the second year option on his contract, hence the continuing non appearances

We should give him a good run in the side, as he is a quality player, and something we've been lacking. Does anybody have any idea how many games would take him over this clause. It's a shame if we aren't putting out our best/fittest/strongest side out due to keeping the costs down in a years time.

Archived