IGNORED

A Few Things I Noticed In The Papers

Heathy33

A few things i noticed in the papers that i haven't seen anywhere on here.

1) Keogh scored an own goal on his debut for wycombe on saturday.

2) A swindon publican is blaming the BBC for his pub being trashed on friday. Apparently the man from points west encouraged some swindon fans to sings some songs in a pub as background for his peice to camera. This was heard by a gang of city idiots outside who pushed over a wall and started throwing bricks through the windows. Pub owner is very unhappy!

3) Morecombe manager Jimmy Harvey, one of my favourite ex city players, is off work sick with a heart attack, aged only 47. Hope he gets well soon.

Does anyone know if Fortune played?

2) A swindon publican is blaming the BBC for his pub being trashed on friday. Apparently the man from points west encouraged some swindon fans to sings some songs in a pub as background for his peice to camera. This was heard by a gang of city idiots outside who pushed over a wall and started throwing bricks through the windows. Pub owner is very unhappy!

That is absolutely class. What total moron's... If this is the kind of rif raf City attract to it's fan base then we really have no hope :doh:

1) Keogh scored an own goal on his debut for wycombe on saturday.

3) Morecombe manager Jimmy Harvey, one of my favourite ex city players, is off work sick with a heart attack, aged only 47. Hope he gets well soon.

Does anyone know if Fortune played?

Yes fortune played

• Admin

I'll vouch for that story, it was in last night's Evening Standard.

What amazes me is that he blames the BBC and not the idiots who did the damage ! Still, I suppose that story sells more papers...

What amazes me is that he blames the BBC and not the idiots who did the damage ! Still, I suppose that story sells more papers...

I heard that Swinedon idiots were encouraged by the BBC to sing Swine Town songs in the pub while another group of Swine Town idiots were paid by the BBC to throw bricks at the pub. Yet another example of a criminal waste of TV licence fee money by the snob/toff run BBC. :rolleyes::w00t: Now you can understand why the BBC is talking of doubling the TV licence fee. :laugh:

I heard that Swinedon idiots were encouraged by the BBC to sing Swine Town songs in the pub while another group of Swine Town idiots were paid by the BBC to throw bricks at the pub. Yet another example of a criminal waste of TV licence fee money by the snob/toff run BBC. :rolleyes::w00t: Now you can understand why the BBC is talking of doubling the TV licence fee. :laugh:

Oh goody Good....A "CONSPIRACY THEORY" :chant6ez:

I lurrrve these....

Also did anyone else hear that someone paid somebody to breakdown in something on the M4 to delay the BCFC masses on the way to Swindle Friday Night....umm...think about it...it makes sense .. :unsure:

Funny how different people think. I would have thought that the news that a popular ex player has had a heart attack whilst managing might have got more reaction than it has!

Not decrying the guy, and I really hope he gets better real soon, but he did only make a couple of apps in the 80's for us after being signed from Tranny (i think)

Didn't he end up at Hereford?

Not decrying the guy, and I really hope he gets better real soon, but he did only make a couple of apps in the 80's for us after being signed from Tranny (i think)

Didn't he end up at Hereford?

True enough. I always thought he played more for us, but seems he was injured a lot. We signed him from Hereford and then transferred him to Tanmere, where, of course, he went on to be a bit of a star. Familiar story!

Yep, I've heard that and then they put them in the Technicians mess room!!!

When are you next due at SPM?

Not surprisingly, bristolbred & myself, also Never to the Darkside.

Just for the benefit of BCFC's railway workers and enthusiasts........

IPB Image

11th August 1968 the last steam train ran on B.R from Liverpool to Manchester & Leeds via the Settle too Carlisle with Britannia pacific 70013 Oliver Cromwell.

True enough. I always thought he played more for us, but seems he was injured a lot. We signed him from Hereford and then transferred him to Tanmere, where, of course, he went on to be a bit of a star. Familiar story!

Quite right, another player who came with a sackload of recommendations and promise, only to play poorly for us (if I remember rghtly he was abysmal even when fit) and then to rise again, phoenix-like from the ashes of Ashton Gate, and become a star at another club.

Archived