IGNORED

Money,money, Money

Desso

I make no apologies for yet another comment about the Williams seating debacle.

The club has just upset 500 supporters and Colin Sexstone has decided to issue an explanation on the main site, but ironically it can only be accessed by people who subscribe! Has the club gone mad? :@

If further proof were needed that money is king at AG then this is it.

Steve you have to get this man on a leash before he ruins this club.

Guest Hodges17

The club has just upset 500 supporters and Colin Sexstone has decided to issue an explanation on the main site, but ironically it can only be accessed by people who subscribe! Has the club gone mad? :@

Money is king at every club in the country.

Money is king at every club in the country.

Agreed, but unfortunately this is pricing the average supporters out of the game. That is why attendances all over the country are falling and the football hierarchy are meeting to try to do something about it.

In the near future I can see clubs like ours having attendances of 4000 to 5000 "customers" who are either

well off or corporate.

Sad, Sad, Sad :dunno:

Agreed, but unfortunately this is pricing the average supporters out of the game. That is why attendances all over the country are falling and the football hierarchy are meeting to try to do something about it.

In the near future I can see clubs like ours having attendances of 4000 to 5000 "customers" who are either

well off or corporate.

Sad, Sad, Sad :dunno:

or just there for the prawn sandwiches and pimms.....

:dance:

I don't understand the "only be accessed by people who subscribe" comment - there's quite a full explanation on the main site freely accessible to anyone.

If there is a prawn sandwich brigade out there willing to sign up for this kind of thing, then I think the club should wring every penny it can out of them. Some people may have to move, though at face value what the club is offering to these fans seems reasonable.

Unlike Old Trafford, its hardly the case that attracting the prawn sandwich brigade means excluding other fans from the ground. There's plenty of room for everyone at present. And if squeezing more money out of these people means one or more of (a) lower prices for the rest of us (b) more money to spend on players © reducing our debt to put the club in a more secure financial position - then I think it's a good thing.

Over time, the clubs that exploit commercial opportunities will have more money to spend than those that don't. Which category do you want City to belong to??

That is why attendances all over the country are falling and the football hierarchy are meeting to try to do something about it

Sorry to interrupt with boring facts. But attendances all over the country have risen very strongly over the last ten years. A useful summary of the figures is here reliable data as far as I know.

But why let facts get in the way of a good rant? :whistle:

Sorry to interrupt with boring facts. But attendances all over the country have risen very strongly over the last ten years. A useful summary of the figures is here reliable data as far as I know.

But why let facts get in the way of a good rant? :whistle:

I have looked at the attendance figures and note that they dropped last season compared with the previous one and according to the TV last weekend they are dropping even more this season. So may I suggest that before you come on here making snide comments, you get your facts right and keep up to date.

I also guess by your comments in a previous post that you are not one of the unfortunates who are about to lose their seat. Although you will probably deny it, I wouldn't be surprised if you were either working at the club or a friend of someone in authority there.

I have had my seat there for 20 years and as 500 other people will tell you, to get a letter saying your seat will no longer be available, hurts, but that won't concern you will it? Pull the ladder up. As long as your OK sod everyone else.

And regarding the CS posts on the main site, If he is saying the same thing, why post it twice. It's bound to be different and because it's such a contentious issue for a lot of people, we want all the information we can get.

If you're not already there you ought to get down to AG post-haste. You'd fit in well in a public relations role!

I don't understand the "only be accessed by people who subscribe" comment - there's quite a full explanation on the main site freely accessible to anyone.

If there is a prawn sandwich brigade out there willing to sign up for this kind of thing, then I think the club should wring every penny it can out of them. Some people may have to move, though at face value what the club is offering to these fans seems reasonable.

Unlike Old Trafford, its hardly the case that attracting the prawn sandwich brigade means excluding other fans from the ground. There's plenty of room for everyone at present. And if squeezing more money out of these people means one or more of (a) lower prices for the rest of us (b) more money to spend on players © reducing our debt to put the club in a more secure financial position - then I think it's a good thing.

Over time, the clubs that exploit commercial opportunities will have more money to spend than those that don't. Which category do you want City to belong to??

sort it out pal

if you think for one minute, that the club will reduce prices for the "rest of us" as you put it you are quite spectacularly wrong

get your head out your a#s and think about it

the club want to make money, not make others pay more so you can pay less

don't expect you are affected by this pi~s take as you obviously don't care about the season ticket holders who are

:devil::devil::devil:

Archived