IGNORED

Gj Please Bring Bridges Back!

samj100

My recent post told people that i don't like the fact we have loan signings in our starting 11, and that we don't need them.

Using players we own, i think we could play Bridges in his role behind the forwards in a 3-5-2 formation. At present we don't have a natural left back, woodman on loan, carey is a right back and Gouldborne got injured in the FA youth cup V Rovers. (Youga is a loan player) (cant think of another option??)

Phillips

Carrey Heywood Partridge

Murry Skuse Wiltshire Brown

Bridges

Brooker Stuart

carrey injured atm?? orr could fit in ok

Cotrill is not in there because although he is great at running at players he cant defend well and often there isn't an end product to his runs. I think cotrill is far better to stick up front when stuart tires so he can use that skill to good effect.

Brown has proved his defensive and attacking qualities and that role suits him fine. Murry is a right winger, he can now have that role instead of swopping with cotrill and going to the left. He is better at defending too although he still isn't the best.

Bridges came on in midfield one home game this season and looked very confortable, the differnce was he had space and he was facing goal. This gave him liscence to support the front two and pick out some good passes. That is the position that can give a solid 5 man defence when defending when attacking 3 up front. I could give lots of tactical reasons why this formation works and is the best.

I don't expect you all to agree with this team but i do seriously think it is the best hopefully GJ is sending Bridges to carlisle for match fitness and games, i don't know, but i can't see why he is going to let such a quality player go.

Maybe after December he can use bridges in his best position

Maybe after December he can use bridges in his best position

Do you honestly believe we'll see him again?

He will be gone quicker than a cheap garment in the Next January sales.

What I find amazing is why people still believe he is some kind of superstar.

Two managers at this club have not rated him good enough to start a game in a struggling side, his old manager (Mick McCarthy) didn't believe he was the old Micheal Bridges and offloaded him, and surely the lack of interest in him from the other 91 league clubs would suggest he is a spent force.

A very good decision to offload him.

What I find amazing is why people still believe he is some kind of superstar.

Two managers at this club have not rated him good enough to start a game in a struggling side, his old manager (Mick McCarthy) didn't believe he was the old Micheal Bridges and offloaded him, and surely the lack of interest in him from the other 91 league clubs would suggest he is a spent force.

A very good decision to offload him.

We havn't seen enough of him, he has played at the top level, you don't loose ability over night.

We havn't seen enough of him, he has played at the top level, you don't loose ability over night.

You don't get 100 percent fit overnight either.

No matter what he says about the fitness tests at BCFC, he could hardly run when he was on the pitch recently, looked knackered.

Not saying he's lying about the fitness tests but he looks very unfit on the pitch.

I understand that as long as GJ is manager he will never play Michael Bridges.

The guy has tried his heart out in training, completed 90 mins in a game played behind closed doors, what more has he to do?

I for one hope that he goes to Carlisle & shows what he can do because after all the lad only wants to play football which it seems will never happen at AG whilst GJ is in charge.

Lets face it, Bridges going on loan is easily the best compromise for all parties.

The pro-Bridges fans will soon know whether he's cut out for competitive first team football and whether he can produce what we need (allbeit in league 2).

Those not enamoured by him will be pleased that he is one step closer to leaving the club.

As for Michael Bridges, he has an opportunity to get some first team football in and to prove himself - if the loan spell is a success it may even become his decision whether he stays or not.

By the way, Taxidriver999, what is your source for Bridges 'trying his heart out in training'? Just interested.

No matter what he says about the fitness tests at BCFC, he could hardly run when he was on the pitch recently, looked knackered.

Not saying he's lying about the fitness tests but he looks very unfit on the pitch.

So hopefully the loan will get him up to fitness, we havn't seen him for a wile on the pitch his fitness could be alot better now.

We want Bridges in this side if fit, agree?

So hopefully the loan will get him up to fitness, we havn't seen him for a wile on the pitch his fitness could be alot better now.

Yep, totally.

I don't think there's any doubt that he's our best player, if he can get form and fitness together.

I enjoy watching him play with his touch and vision, different planet to this league.

I can't see him coming back though.

Yep, totally.

I don't think there's any doubt that he's our best player, if he can get form and fitness together.

I enjoy watching him play with his touch and vision, different planet to this league.

I can't see him coming back though.

Agree with that totally.

I hope that he can regain his match fitness/sharpness as well as his knack for scoring goals. It was said when he was signed, that it was a gamble. At this moment in time, it's not quite paid off.

Remember Gus Ceasar, he played at the top level as well for Arsenal. I think they even had a song for him.

He did play at the top level, but doesn't have the talent/desire/fitness or whatever it is to do so anymore, hence a move to Carlisle.

Archived