IGNORED

New Seating, East End

RedTauntonian

Guest The Codfather 0312

Why can't some people just LET IT GO!!!!!!

And I suppose you are one ofthe 500 people that will be taking up one of those 500 prawn sandwich seats.

cause they are evil men, working for aliens! well you never know?

Nope just gas heads.

Have a look at Exeter Reds post on ask S.L AND YOU MAY LEARN WHY :angry: in fact everybody should read it :chant6ez::city:

I've just done as you wish, and read the post. The problem is that, as the poster realises, his memories are twenty odd years ago, when the East End was a magical, humdrum place where people stood and swayed from side to side, crammed in like sardines. I remember you had to be in the EE by 1.30 to get the best spot behind the goal, and against a crush barrier, or rail. The excitement as rival fans tried to "take" your beloved end, and the manic joy when City scored had to be witnessed to be believed.

However. That is all gone. Every single little bit of it. If, and it's a huge if, City fans are allowed back in, you will be pushed into one corner, and made to sit down, and behave. Times have changed, not always for the better I admit, but the East End experience as we know it is dead. God Bless the East End, and thankyou for the memories. But that is all they ever will be.

This whole campaigne reminds me of an annoying child who keeps on whinging after his father has said NO.

Got to I agree with you and those who say the fans 'want it' seem to be speaking for 7 or 8,000 other people. Whenever anyone says they don't want the East End opened they are shouted down. So how can these fans possibly know if the fans want it? Even if a majority wanted it, Steve has already explained why it will not be open. Good enough reasons for me. Maybe not for some, but I suspect that because the club is doing poorly on the pitch that people try to cling on to the good times and remember that they came when they watched in the EE.

Got to I agree with you and those who say the fans 'want it' seem to be speaking for 7 or 8,000 other people. Whenever anyone says they don't want the East End opened they are shouted down. So how can these fans possibly know if the fans want it? Even if a majority wanted it, Steve has already explained why it will not be open. Good enough reasons for me. Maybe not for some, but I suspect that because the club is doing poorly on the pitch that people try to cling on to the good times and remember that they came when they watched in the EE.

Exactly, and just remember the last time the EE was opened. I think there were 200 in there. Case closed.

I've just done as you wish, and read the post. The problem is that, as the poster realises, his memories are twenty odd years ago, when the East End was a magical, humdrum place where people stood and swayed from side to side, crammed in like sardines. I remember you had to be in the EE by 1.30 to get the best spot behind the goal, and against a crush barrier, or rail. The excitement as rival fans tried to "take" your beloved end, and the manic joy when City scored had to be witnessed to be believed.

However. That is all gone. Every single little bit of it. If, and it's a huge if, City fans are allowed back in, you will be pushed into one corner, and made to sit down, and behave. Times have changed, not always for the better I admit, but the East End experience as we know it is dead. God Bless the East End, and thankyou for the memories. But that is all they ever will be.

I would just take you back a season or two when a couple of dozen fans at the first opening of our end v N County increased to thousands and a great atmosphere and day/night when we beat Hartlepool in play off place, even last season it purred a few times.

We all know the cost,the teeny boppers, the standing etc etc even the "hassle" of opening it again but to have hundreds of empty seats there that could be filled with HOME fans seems really sad and painfull to quite a few of us.

Its part of our home ground and there is no logical reason why home fans should not be allowed in there. :dunno:

I do feel strongly about it and will not be returning until it is given back or the new stand :doh: is built which could be a while either way.Whatever :dunno:

I would just take you back a season or two when a couple of dozen fans at the first opening of our end v N County increased to thousands and a great atmosphere and day/night when we beat Hartlepool in play off place, even last season it purred a few times.

We all know the cost,the teeny boppers, the standing etc etc even the "hassle" of opening it again but to have hundreds of empty seats there that could be filled with HOME fans seems really sad and painfull to quite a few of us.

Its part of our home ground and there is no logical reason why home fans should not be allowed in there. :dunno:

I do feel strongly about it and will not be returning until it is given back or the new stand :doh: is built which could be a while either way.Whatever :dunno:

Yes, I was in there for the Hartlepool game, and the Blackpool one one last day of the season when, miracles allowing, we could have been promoted. Great stuff, but they were one offs. For the normal run of the mill games, there would probably be around 300 in there.

Guest EXETER RED

King pin and Alex, In some ways your posts are partly true. I do miss the old days at the gate, but i too have evolved over the years, and as you will see on the post have reluctantly accepted some of the changes over the decades. The point of my post to Steve, is as follows

1, Should the e/e be opened i truly feel it will be a lift for our new manager and what appears to be soon a new team

2, It will give fans like myself who want to cheer,scream and shout encouragement, a common place to go. not every one at the gate likes to sing or be vocal, and I'm sure would be happier if left to enjoy the match as suits them best.

3, I think a lot of pride in our club/team has been lost so far this season, and if we can get a stand singing, I'm convinced a feel good factor can spread through the ground and club.

4,It may convince some fans, who feel that they are victims of persecution by the club, that they are valued seasoned ticket holders, and the backbone of the club (Colin Sextones words)

5, And to be brutefully honest, we are in it up to our necks at the moment, league wise and with finance. So could it really do any harm, and if it does work and fan power can help lift the team, we may and I'm really hoping here just may save buying a player in Jan 06.

So please deduce from this reply that i do not have the mentality of a sulking child who cannot get his own way, and that no matter what my personel views are, i wish the best for the club at all times.

This whole campaigne reminds me of an annoying child who keeps on whinging after his father has said NO.

Can you imagine what would happen if Liverpool's chairman gave their Kop to away fans? Everton gave their Gladys St end to away fans or Villa gave their Holt End to away Fans?

The Kop/Gladys St/Holt Ends aren't what they used to be. It's still their home ends though. It's not like there isn't space for us in the East End.

Something needs to be done to put right this wrong.

Open the East End, put boardem to sleep and lets actually have some fun on matchdays.

East East Eastenders!!! :chant6ez::chant6ez::city:

Can you imagine what would happen if Liverpool's chairman gave their Kop to away fans? Everton gave their Gladys St end to away fans or Villa gave their Holt End to away Fans?

The Kop/Gladys St/Holt Ends aren't what they used to be. It's still their home ends though. It's not like there isn't space for us in the East End.

Something needs to be done to put right this wrong.

Open the East End, put boardem to sleep and lets actually have some fun on matchdays.

East East Eastenders!!! :chant6ez::chant6ez::city:

I do appreciate where you are all coming from, honestly I do. The problem is, its a never ending circle situation. You want the EE back to make matchdays fun again. The board do not want anybody to have fun at matches, so try to freeze out the singers etc. making a poor atmosphere. So to make it fun again, you want the EE back........... and so it goes on. I suppose the only option is to adopt the Atyeo stand as our home end, and all the singers, shouters, stander uppers and nutters can congregate there.

I do appreciate where you are all coming from, honestly I do. The problem is, its a never ending circle situation. You want the EE back to make matchdays fun again. The board do not want anybody to have fun at matches, so try to freeze out the singers etc. making a poor atmosphere. So to make it fun again, you want the EE back........... and so it goes on. I suppose the only option is to adopt the Atyeo stand as our home end, and all the singers, shouters, stander uppers and nutters can congregate there.

The board will change their minds as with the shirt issue if enough want them to. Let me also remind atyeo dwellers that it will be there turn to be evicted when/if the East End is ever redeveloped :dunno: as away fans will be housed there :)

If people except things well they wont change; :dunno:

Nobody is asking supporters if they like it or not, this has got nothing to do with you or any old boring fart who does not think an atmosphere would be nice at the gate! SL explanation is a load of rubbish!! What harm does it do but try, the bloody end is empty, so what difference would it make to you if it is opened. No one is living in the past, but people know the sound it can generate and could only be good for the team! I would then question the support to the team by so called supporters who cant see further then there nose!

Errrr fractionally afore my time, matey, BUT I can remember a great wall of noise in there, week in week out, in promotion seasons, in relegation seasons, sunshine, rain...the EE Roar NEVER stopped. Funnily enough we won a lot more games at home then, than in the Library/Morgue era of the no swearing/shouting/standing/enjoying yourself new BCFC. C/W prawn seating, and constant extraction of urine out of the long term fans, in favour of the priveleged few. Lessee the new PC Atyeo, or t'old EE, blow me...

can I think about it...

phone a friend..................

50/50.................................

NAH, GIVE US BACK OUR EAST END. don't compromise, don't listen to the naysayers, just bloody open the EE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest North Street

You could use an analogy of the club of the club of having a ball [our ball] and not wanting to give it back for selfish reasons. :dance:

Guest North Street

Maybe some of us who after all have been here a bit longer than our Chairman know a bit a well about supporters.

And please tell me why it reminds you of that?, City fans have a right to sit in the East End, why is SL and the board correct?, a lot of the people who want to go back in there have been at this club a lot longer than the present board, so please tell me why you think these people should stop asking to go into a part of the ground, which will generate a better atmosphere. If anyone is acting like the spoilt child, it isn't these fans who want it reopened for the good of this club, it's the people who run this it !

Nobody is asking supporters if they like it or not, this has got nothing to do with you or any old boring fart who does not think an atmosphere would be nice at the gate! SL explanation is a load of rubbish!! What harm does it do but try, the bloody end is empty, so what difference would it make to you if it is opened. No one is living in the past, but people know the sound it can generate and could only be good for the team! I would then question the support to the team by so called supporters who cant see further then there nose!

Brinred, where did I say I thought that an atmosphere wasn't a good thing at AG? SL explaination is not rubbish. I can see exactly why. It does attract hooligans as they get to stand right next to the away supporters, therefore it would cost more money or police and Stewards. Opening another stand requires more stewards anyway. Look at the last time it was opened- Chesterfield on SKY. There was hardly anyone in there and we lost 3-2. We also played terrible. In the season before it was a help but I don't think ti would be now, and I have a right to say that, just like you have a right to say it should be opened. So stop having a go at me just because we don't agree.

Brinred, where did I say I thought that an atmosphere wasn't a good thing at AG? SL explaination is not rubbish. I can see exactly why. It does attract hooligans as they get to stand right next to the away supporters, therefore it would cost more money or police and Stewards. Opening another stand requires more stewards anyway. Look at the last time it was opened- Chesterfield on SKY. There was hardly anyone in there and we lost 3-2. We also played terrible. In the season before it was a help but I don't think ti would be now, and I have a right to say that, just like you have a right to say it should be opened. So stop having a go at me just because we don't agree.

So your tarring every fan with the same brush, and we are going in there to kick shi++ out of anything in a different coloured shirt, and wanting to support our team. Other clubs manage it quite well, are we different? The revenue generated from the fans using the East would be help towards the cost of stewarding, but i don't think extra stewards are needed, move the ones from the Dolman because G block would use the East! As for the atmosphere, you don't want the EAST opened but it would increase the noise tenfold! Tells me your happy with the silence at the moment? What about other games played when the East was opened,not just one game your referring to. and i was not having a go at you personally! just everyone whose against the EAST! :)

So your tarring every fan with the same brush, and we are going in there to kick shi++ out of anything in a different coloured shirt, and wanting to support our team. Other clubs manage it quite well, are we different? The revenue generated from the fans using the East would be help towards the cost of stewarding, but i don't think extra stewards are needed, move the ones from the Dolman because G block would use the East! As for the atmosphere, you don't want the EAST opened but it would increase the noise tenfold! Tells me your happy with the silence at the moment? What about other games played when the East was opened,not just one game your referring to. and i was not having a go at you personally! just everyone whose against the EAST! :)

Where did I say every fan that goes in there will cause trouble. I don't think you even read my posts. I said it attracts hoolignas, which it will do and has done in the past. There is silence at the moment because the team is doing poorly. No-one is happy with silence I'm sure but there's something that can be done withough going in the EE. When we do well the noise is always good regardless of whether the EE is open which says a lot about some of the fair weather fans we have. I referred to that game because it was the last one and I did say it was good when it was opened before. I just don't think it will help the club in the big picture- off the field especially. You don't need to have a go at anyone, they are entitled to their opinions on the EE just as you are.

The only thing is, we get booted out the East End 2 years ago, so, singers congregate to the Block E Williams. The board then convinientley(sp) decided that this block is to be used for away fans :doh: . So, we move to the G-block and we get told to shut up in a letter every week :doh: . The Ateyo is the only place we haven't tried but the Ateyo is the unofficial family stand. You know what would happen if we tried taking the East End atmosphere in there. I can see it now "Can you sit down please. My 5 year old child and his Nan are trying to watch the game". (nothing against fanilies by the way :) )

The Ateyo used to be loud until the 97/98 season. Guess what turned up that season! The Orchestra :doh: :@

This took all the singers away from behind the goal into the corner because it was a new exciting thing. All the seats behind the goal got reserved by people who don't sing. The orchestra has never worked and you only have to look at how few people actually go there to see people have realised that it doesn't work. The only people who don't seem to have noticed that it doesn't work are the band members themselves.

If you got rid of the trumpets and drums (so they can't stifle any real chants and emotions), made the Ateyo unreserved seating and made the GWR the family enclosure again then it would be good in the Ateyo!

This is never going to happen though is it???

So........

Open the East End Please

The only thing is, we get booted out the East End 2 years ago, so, singers congregate to the Block E Williams. The board then convinientley(sp) decided that this block is to be used for away fans :doh: . So, we move to the G-block and we get told to shut up in a letter every week :doh: . The Ateyo is the only place we haven't tried but the Ateyo is the unofficial family stand. You know what would happen if we tried taking the East End atmosphere in there. I can see it now "Can you sit down please. My 5 year old child and his Nan are trying to watch the game". (nothing against fanilies by the way :) )

The Ateyo used to be loud until the 97/98 season. Guess what turned up that season! The Orchestra :doh: :@

This took all the singers away from behind the goal into the corner because it was a new exciting thing. All the seats behind the goal got reserved by people who don't sing. The orchestra has never worked and you only have to look at how few people actually go there to see people have realised that it doesn't work. The only people who don't seem to have noticed that it doesn't work are the band members themselves.

If you got rid of the trumpets and drums (so they can't stifle any real chants and emotions), made the Ateyo unreserved seating and made the GWR the family enclosure again then it would be good in the Ateyo!

So........

Open the East End Please

Man after my own heart! when getting tickets for the Ateyo, they always try and flog seats in H block, soon change their minds!

So........

Open the East End Please

Agree 1000%.

OPEN THE BLOODY EAST END NOW an end to the morgue and poxy library.........NOW!!!!

there's something that can be done withough going in the EE. When we do well the noise is always good regardless of whether the EE is open which says a lot about some of the fair weather fans we have.

Any ideas???

The East End is the only place that people who get behind the team by singing can go without being told to shut up by fellow fans, stewards or the board.

When we do well the noise is better but I wouldn't say it's particularly good. Often theres 1 song after we score and then everyone sits down again and we're back to listening to the players shouting louder than 10000 people.

Any ideas???

The East End is the only place that people who get behind the team by singing can go without being told to shut up by fellow fans, stewards or the board.

When we do well the noise is better but I wouldn't say it's particularly good. Often theres 1 song after we score and then everyone sits down again and we're back to listening to the players shouting louder than 10000 people.

excactly, we get out sang by 50 bloody away fans! even if it is a few hundred there it creates an atmosphere! And if we get to stay there, more people will come in! then gradually it will fill up and will create a cracking atmosphere. :city:

Archived