IGNORED

500 Season Ticket Holders

Guest You Dont Choose Your Team

Guest You Dont Choose Your Team

After hearing Colin Sextons comments on Radio Bristol this morning, I am sure

that he would'nt care less if all of the 500 affected season ticket holders in the Williams

stand did'nt renew next season.

All he is interested in is MONEY.

He can get more money for our seats without us.

Many of the fans in this area are elderly and will be distressed at having to re-locate

and will not renew next year.

So much for loyalty!

Sexton is not a football supporter and has NO IDEA about loyalty, community or pride.

ok, i don't sit there so it doesn't effect me.

but... i think all the fuss is an overeaction. If it makes more money and improves things then surely he's doing the right thing? What's the worst thing that can happen - you could have to sit somewhere else! Is it some sort of phobia? scared of other seats?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Distressed at having to relocate? Do me a favour

Footballs a business, and the club don't care about the fans, plenty of us have said this for a couple of years - I notice none of you Williams types seemed to interested in the treatment of fans before now.

Guest North Street

but... i think all the fuss is an overeaction. If it makes more money and improves things then surely he's doing the right thing? What's the worst thing that can happen - you could have to sit somewhere else! Is it some sort of phobia? scared of other seats?

Listen to yourself? These people are amongst the most loyal fans Brsitol City have but what do "our" club do?

This is yet another short sighted business decisioin which is not in the interests of supporters of BCFC. Have you actually thought where these peole are now going to sit if they still want to that is? £50 off, big deal, they are already paying through the nose to watch ******* then the club grabs them by the short and curlies and says we want more, more more if you are staying there . Bristol City fans are getting treated like saps Mate.

Footballs a business, and the club don't care about the fans, plenty of us have said this for a couple of years - I notice none of you Williams types seemed to interested in the treatment of fans before now.

Yep some of have said this for years but now i think people are starting to realise they are not stopping till they get our sort codes :blink:

As you said it doesn't effect you!! so do one!

I'm pretty sure some of the most loyal fans are people who are

Happy to get to the game

Happy to get a seat

don't care where they sit as long as they can cheer on their team?

don't get me wrong these people should have been consulted first and should have been offered a reasonable alternative.

But for saying that because they sit in this one are makes them the most loyal fans is surely a kick in the teeth for others??

Its got nothing to do with phobias - its about being relocated to a seat with a C#*p view. Also some of the old guys have chosen their seats to give them easy access.

As to it making extra revenue I would persoannly like to see the business model for this decision.

Although it seems (at the moment at least) I am not affected I would suggest that if it did effect you you would have a different opinion. Listen to the people who are effected.

BCAGFC

P.s. How can it make the club more money when many seats are empty in the Platinum Seating every home game already, where are the extra fans coming from- OUTER SPACE- or CSs' forces buddies.

In business you do not alienate your customers.

BCAGFC

Guest WillsbridgeRed

In business you do not alienate your customers.

BCAGFC

You do if you can sell the same product to someone else, at a higher rate

Althought I'm not convinced the demand will be there for this new scheme

It is also about about the way the club sent out a standard mailshot without thinking about the reaction from those affected thinking that we would do as we were told.

Your sympathy is well received thank you for being caring.

Ar sole

Listen to yourself? These people are amongst the most loyal fans Brsitol City have but what do "our" club do?

No, Listen to yourself!

How can you possibly claim that these people a more loyal than others!

I personally think that this is a good move for the football club. Any new seating introductions is naturally going to upset the effected fans, but i do think people are making a meal out of it!

Yes i know when you sit in the same seat for a long time you get to know people around you, which makes it harder to leave, but seriously get over it!

What's wrong with the Dolman?

Some people are just trying to find things to have a dig at the club with!

It is also about about the way the club sent out a standard mailshot without thinking about the reaction from those affected thinking that we would do as we were told.

Your sympathy is well received thank you for being caring.

Ar sole

No need for personal insults!

I actually think the club do care, and it shows that Mr. Sexstone wrote to each of the effected season ticket holders!

He also took the time to sign every other letter that was sent to brick holders informing them of the clubs decision to delay the re-development of the East end.

This shows that the club ARE bothered about me and every other fan!

They are trying to do whats best for this club! Give them a break!

Guest jonnysummers

No, Listen to yourself!

I personally think that this is a good move for the football club. Any new seating introductions is naturally going to upset the effected fans, but i do think people are making a meal out of it!

Yes i know when you sit in the same seat for a long time you get to know people around you, which makes it harder to leave, but seriously get over it!

I actually think the club do care, and it shows that Mr. Sexstone wrote to each of the effected season ticket holders!

He also took the time to sign every other letter that was sent to brick holders informing them of the clubs decision to delay the re-development of the East end.

spot on - no one's going to die because of this, and city may make some more money. Oh, and before anyone says how would I like it if it was me ? - I wouldn't care less if it'd for the greater good of the club - a sentiment fewer and fewer people seem to have

Guest North Street

No, Listen to yourself!

"Amongst" mate i said amongst! Amongst these people are those who were around the club in 82 actively raising money for BCFC and have stuck with City through the years.Fans should have been at least consulted. What's wrong with the Dolman? Ever heard of Choice BCFC? It is not exactly hard to find things off the pitch at the moment to have a dig at is it ? What was that about season ticket holders being the bedrock of this club Sexstone came out with the other week?

Guest North Street

The 500 people in the Williams who are effected, do NOT represent the majority of season ticket holders!

Theres another 6,000ish!

I would say that 500 people is not an insignificant number then add those souls who also paid extra for their season tickets because of a reduced capacity which as of yet :dance:

Good at this business lark BCFC!

If and when the E.E is redeveloped will the away fans be moved into the Williams as prev stated :dunno: don't think so next to the platinium boys :doh: no; My guess a quite a few hundred ST holders in the Atyeo may have to make way sometime in the future to accomadate them :o so don't get to comfy in there.

Guest redphilc

I agree with all North Street's sentiments on this subject. The current regime 'managing BCFC' has managed to upset a lot of loyal and longstanding supporters in one way or another. It's almost as if they're deliberately trying to alienate as many supporters as possible for some underhand agenda - like shutting the club down - due to lack of support - support that they've driven away so as to sell Ashton Gate?

An the arrogance of it. Code Red makes 17 valid points on the ask Steve L forum. He also asks why a meeting wasn't held with the fans affected?

Nope ignore the fans and send out a mailshot that makes you feel like you don't exist. This has not only damaged the relationship between fans and board further but it has also divided the fans somewhat judging by the responses in this thread.

Surely this is another PR disaster that could have been avoided?

I would get rid of Colin Sexton because apart from not liking him he doesn't do a very good job. Great Fire Work displays and Pop concerts for little girls or middle England but what about the pre-season Friendlies at Ashton Gate etc. We, the football fans continue to suffer for the enjoyment of others who couldn't care less about our club.

I think its been poorly handled from a pr point of view and I think the people affected should have been consulted.

But, I think we need a sense of perspective here. Moving to another seat in the stadium isnt the end of the world. Surely even the most easily offended members of this forum can see that ?

The club is offering £50 off next years season ticket and there are plenty of other seats in the ground with equally good views (if not better ones) Its not like you are being priced out of the game or told you can never watch city again.

Is there any practical reason why moving seats would be impossible ? Or is it just the principle which is upsetting people ?

Something a few of you have missed. Why didn't the club pipe up in pre-season about the seating plans BEFORE people spent £435 or whatever on their seat. The people I sit next to have already moved to their seats because of the never to be built stand. Now they have been told to move again. Many people buy season tickets because they like to sit in a certain part of the ground with people they know (or get to know over the years). You cannot ask people to move to new seats season after season.

I am sure that if many of the 500 people knew about the plans for their current seats they would still have purchased a season ticket - just that it would have been in a cheaper part of the ground and giving them the chance to retain their seat for next season and beyond. But that would have lost the club money. So they kept their mouths shut. Whether the club meant it or not, it gives out the impression of conning people for a fast buck. If I am wrong, the only alternative I can think of is that they did not know it was going to happen pre-season so they took the decision off the cuff with no thought or consultation and stuff the affected people.

Another question - how many of you people honestly think the club are going to make more money by persuading the Prawn Sandwich brigade to stump up £6,750 for ten seasons worth of football, given the current standard on show? If I was an armchair Man U or Chelsea fan (as others have put it) I wouldn't come within a mile of Ashton Gate to watch the dire fare on offer week after week. Fortunately for Lansdown and Sextone, there are 10,000 of us who will subject ourselves to consistently low quality fare and 4,000 who will watch absolutely anything as long as it's City.

Some of you should read the SEVENTEEN points made by CodeRed. How many businesses outside of football could survive by treating it's most loyal and repetitive customers in such a way? I would say less than 1%.

It's almost as if they're deliberately trying to alienate as many supporters as possible for some underhand agenda - like shutting the club down - due to lack of support - support that they've driven away so as to sell Ashton Gate?

Might be going a bit overboard there (even when you include the 'it's almost as if' bit).

Weren't the board accused of being evil aliens the other day? Now that i can believe!

I have literally soiled my pants due to your unrivalled wittiness.

Yes they did write to every person affected. It went along the lines of this.

Hi, first name of victim,

Yes your right we have messed up by not sorting out the funding for the new stand and someones got to pay for it.

But don't worry we need your seat unless you pay £7k for 10 yeears for £2k for 3 years, or I'll give you a whole £50 off next seasons seat.

Love and kisses BCFC.

Or words along the lines of that but I hope you get the message.

Sorry I am being misguided of course the club care.

Unfortunatly they will lose more money than they gain I think as a lot of the 500 just won't bother.

By the way we'll see what seats are left in the stand without a pillar as I have an audience with Mr S on Saturday.

I am honoured.

Guest redphilc

Or is it just the principle which is upsetting people ?

There are right ways of doing things and wrong ways of doing things.

The board should have mailed the 500 and invited them to a meeting explaining in person their intentions and why it is percieved necessary to do this. Fans may well have been more receptive to the clubs proposed plans when being given fairer treatment or some involvment in the plans.

Was this too much trouble for our busy board member... sorry members?

Hindsight is great but we shouldn't be talking about hindsight here.

Very hard to fathom what the real intention is is the point I'm trying to make. We're out of all the cup competitions at the first round stage and in the relegation zone of poxy olde Div 3 and the club are further alienating loyal supporters !!!!!!?????? A rubbish way to run a business is to alienate your most loyal customers - unless there's an agenda for it.

I dare say they're not intending to alienate anybody, more that their ideals are far removed from our own.

The off-the-field problems we're having at BCFC are indicative of the way the 'football experience' has changed in the last 15 years or so.

We can't afford to mope about it, we need to keep the pressure on them to keep our football club.

that he would'nt care less if all of the 500 affected season ticket holders in the Williams

Many of the fans in this area are elderly and will be distressed at having to re-locate

So much for loyalty!

Sexton is not a football supporter and has NO IDEA about loyalty, community or pride.

reloctae??to where mars?? or like 5 seats away oh shock horror ..get on with it ..or would you rather have shitty seast still?

so do one? Are you sure you've supported City since 1960?

That makes you quite old,

yet my 3 year old girl can argue a point with more maturity.

Old enough to know your brains are in your backside! and your daughter must be on the same wavelength. that was the simple answer to your simple comment.

Guest femaleknowlered

I sit in the williams stand and have for years too many to remember, u do get used to people around you, they do become really good friends and i also sit with family members in there too. ok you say it's not the end of the world for people to move, it's just a seat well if thats the case fine, but we're fed up of hearing you rant on about the eastend too for god sake! Get over it! it's a ######***e anyway. you should be just grateful too to get a seat no matter where in the ground.

I sit in the williams stand and have for years too many to remember, u do get used to people around you, they do become really good friends and i also sit with family members in there too. ok you say it's not the end of the world for people to move, it's just a seat well if thats the case fine, but we're fed up of hearing you rant on about the eastend too for god sake! Get over it! it's a ######***e anyway. you should be just grateful too to get a seat no matter where in the ground.

I have been going in the E.E since, well before you were born and its nearly empty every game so why shouldnt home fans be allowed in there :dunno: its still part of our ground :@

It may have escaped some peoples notice but AG is looking tired...

Not to mention the poor buggers who sit in it every week!

I'm a traditionalist and a Bedminster man, and so obviously want to hold onto 'the gate'. If sprucing it up is vital to that then I can cope with a few people being relocated (I don't sit in my season ticket seat, first time I've had one though).

Guest North Street

it's a ######***e anyway. you should be just grateful too to get a seat no matter where in the ground.

:dance:

Sadly that seems to be the attitude of BCFC as well at the moment.

Guest femaleknowlered

why shouldnt william stand season ticket holders be able to sit in their seats? just making a point here. i couldnt care what they do with the eastend to be honest and i too stood in there many years ago but its a eye sore now and i personally cant wait til they pull it down. maybe then people will stop winging on about it and concentrate on things important.

Guest North Street

Not to mention the poor buggers who sit in it every week!

I'm a traditionalist and a Bedminster man, and so obviously want to hold onto 'the gate'. If sprucing it up is vital to that then I can cope with a few people being relocated (I don't sit in my season ticket seat, first time I've had one though).

It's only a spruce up for those who can cough up Fella. Those 10 year Premier Club Debentures in the Williams mean any real redevelopment is now on hold for ten years doesn't it? Of course once they have the mullah in their hands they could then once again change their minds :blush:

why shouldnt william stand season ticket holders be able to sit in their seats? just making a point here. i couldnt care what they do with the eastend to be honest and i too stood in there many years ago but its a eye sore now and i personally cant wait til they pull it down. maybe then people will stop winging on about it and concentrate on things important.

And why should supporters of BCFC not be listened to? The East End along with now the Williams is part of an ever spiralling list of hard nosed decisions taken by "our" club without any thought/consultation with supporters.These decisions have repurcussions for you me and everybody else and if we just accept them we will end up with a club barely recoganisable. Remember "it's only a badge, everybody rebrands"! Our loyalty even in this day and age must mean something. Still i might be whingeing :city:

Guest femaleknowlered

:dance:

Sadly that seems to be the attitude of BCFC as well at the moment.

Yes sadly that is the attitude of people today, but i only included that quote to make a point of a poster before that williams stand st holders should just be grateful to get a seat at all. not my attitude it's our money for the last few years that paid for the players they sold and still here playing i think we deserve some respect and consideration. if they cant give us that why should we be patient and keep giving out of our pockets. :angry:

The important things are not happening on the PITCH ! SL and CS would do best leaving thing as they are and concentrate on getting a team on the pitch who are proud to wear the RED and WHITE. whats the point of having posh new seats? unless they want to concentrate on live bands and what else brings in more crowds then football. Posher clientele? I don't know if the club are still telling us the TRUTH!

So much for loyalty!

Couldn't agree more. It doesn't affect me because I'm a resident in the Atyeo but I knew for a long time that Sextone doesn't have a clue regarding football. As soon as the new stand was proposed I knew it would never get off the ground with Sextone in charge because the same thing happened with Gloucs CCC's Jessop Tavern Stand.

It's no coincidence that since he's been CEO we've seen the atmosphere at the Gate reduced drastically and the sheer arrogance of the club spiral out of control.

The important things are not happening on the PITCH ! SL and CS would do best leaving thing as they are and concentrate on getting a team on the pitch who are proud to wear the RED and WHITE. whats the point of having posh new seats? unless they want to concentrate on live bands and what else brings in more crowds then football. Posher clientele? I don't know if the club are still telling us the TRUTH!

Makes you wonder if they would rather have 23 concerts per season instead. :D

BCAGFC

Archived