IGNORED

Evil Post Back Page Today

CodeRed

EP quotes Millwall manager Colin Lee as saying that Gary has told him that he IS prepared to let Marcus join Millwall. Millwall hoping to persuade Marcus to join them.

Clearly GJ has decided he doesn't want Stewart.

EP makes the point that after Quinn's loan expires on Sat. we will only have Brooker left up front.

EP again links Junior Agogo with City - does anyone think this is likely or is it lazy EP journalists putting 2 and 2 together (we need a striker, Agogo is out of contract in July) and by linking a story to both Bristol clubs it creates more local interest and sells more EP's .................................on the other hand GJ WAS at the Mem last Saturday.

Guest The Codfather 0312

EP quotes Millwall manager Colin Lee as saying that Gary has told him that he IS prepared to let Marcus join Millwall. Millwall hoping to persuade Marcus to join them.

Clearly GJ has decided he doesn't want Stewart.

EP makes the point that after Quinn's loan expires on Sat. we will only have Brooker left up front.

EP again links Junior Agogo with City - does anyone think this is likely or is it lazy EP journalists putting 2 and 2 together (we need a striker, Agogo is out of contract in July) and by linking a story to both Bristol clubs it creates more local interest and sells more EP's .................................on the other hand GJ WAS at the Mem last Saturday.

Johnson could of been at the mem to Look at Agogo but the He could of also been looking at Grant Holt.

Guest Harry Dolman

GJ stated today that Stewart will "have a major role in the squad for saturday". Not exactly sure what that means, but it doesn't sound as if he's going to be left out.

He also did a decent body swerve when asked if Colin Lee's statement was true - "it is not fact as all three parties have to agree that it's right for the player to move". That leads me to suspect that GJ is wanting to offload Stewart but maybe Stewart aint having any of it - he is a stubborn, headstrong bloke and will make his own mind up. My guess is that Stewart will stay just to prove himself to everyone, and I hope I'm right because we need him at his near best right now.

On the basis that Stewart & Brooker are the only senior strikers left, its not a real shock that he will feature in the squad on Sat.

Personally I reckon we will start with the formation from the Swindon game, so it will be:

Basso

Orr (RB)

Heywood & Joesph (CB's)

Younga (LB)

Midfield - perm 3 from Brown, Wilkshire, Skuse & Russell (Prob Brown to miss out unless Skippy is knackered)

&

Brooker upfront flanked by Murray & Cotterill.

I'm ok with that formation as long as we don't become 4-5-1 & give Chesterfield an easy 0-0 which they would probably settle for.

On the basis that Stewart & Brooker are the only senior strikers left, its not a real shock that he will feature in the squad on Sat.

Personally I reckon we will start with the formation from the Swindon game, so it will be:

Basso

Orr (RB)

Heywood & Joesph (CB's)

Younga (LB)

Midfield - perm 3 from Brown, Wilkshire, Skuse & Russell (Prob Brown to miss out unless Skippy is knackered)

&

Brooker upfront flanked by Murray & Cotterill.

I'm ok with that formation as long as we don't become 4-5-1 & give Chesterfield an easy 0-0 which they would probably settle for.

I'm confident GJ will see us right but he is confusing me with this chelski style formation. murray and cottrell are not the sort of players who can be versitile enough to support brooker in attack whilst making a solid 4-5-1 when the opposition have the ball. IMO this system will get us a couple of draws, and at best i can see the justification of GJ playing it away, but not at home against a side we would of beaten for fuun 18 months ago.

as previously stated on this thread, GJ is obviously looking to offload MS but he clearly doesnt want to go. so for heavans sake, why don't we go to a 4-4-2 or even better a 3-5-2 with stewart and brooker up front because (even with a lack of pace) at least we should improve suffeciently with that to avoid the drop. then everything can be sorted in the summer if needs be. now is not the time for all of these selfish shannagins. now is the time to put bcfc first, obtain mid table security and thrash things out in the summer months. :dunno:

Guest Harry Dolman

I'm not as confident about GJ as you are, but that's been said before.

If we go 4-4-2 then I would like to see Stewart with Brooker up front and G.Smith on the left of midfield for some much needed balance. If we see those selections, I can see us getting something out of the game.

But I've got this down as a 0-3 defeat in the prediction league (you can tell why I aint winning it) because I think GJ will select Cotterill or Murray on the left wing. Paired with Youga, that is something that Chesterfield will exploit with some ease. Loads of crosses coming in from our left onto the head of the Chief.

Maybe worse if we go 4-3-3.

From what I have seen, Grant Smith will only be successful if played in the centre - he looks like a fish out of water on the flank.

Guest Harry Dolman

GJ said on BCFC World that he was looking at 4 or 5 players when watching the Rovers game on saturday. My guesses are

Agogo

Holt

Lambert

2 more

Isn't Holt a big target man type striker ??? He will be too expensive to come in as cover for Brooker & what we desperately need is a small, nippy striker. Unless of course we flog Brooker to Sheff Weds & buy Holt as a repl'ment.

GJ said on BCFC World that he was looking at 4 or 5 players when watching the Rovers game on saturday. My guesses are

Agogo

Holt

Lambert

2 more

I'd imagine Holt would cost the most, and, as good as he is, he might not be what we need (pace).

He's a hero at Rochdale and their board will fight to keep him.

Archived