IGNORED

Service

mozo

'Poor service' seems to have become one the forum's favourite phrases.

Whilst it conjures up images of Basil Fawlty taking food orders from Germans, it seems to be the vogue terminology for our midfield lacking attackive verve, particularly referring to the 'final ball'.

It's most interestingly used as a reason/excuse for Marcus Stewart's inability to score. This argument works on the presumption that Stewart is doing everything that a 'class' striker needs to but that he's being let down by his team-mates.

There is also the supposition that Stewart hasn't missed any good chances and has all the attributes needed to work well in our team.

I estimate that there have been roughly 1.7 billion threads about on the issue by now. they are beginning to amount to no more than two arguments. One suggesting he's class but lacking service, the next that he's old, drunk and uncommitted.

We have three home games in just over two weeks. As well as giving the team the best support they've had all season, let's drop the rhetoric temporarily.

Let's see if the players really are 'wasters'. If they look 'passionless'.

Lets keep an eye on Stewart's positional play and see if he's doing all that he should be, and lets see if the midfield are getting the ball into dangerous areas.

I'm going to look out for these things, but whatever our feelings about them are now, we may as well give the players this last chance to prove themselves to the home crowd before the dreaded January blitz.

Time for the supporters to prove they've still got some passion in them too.

I'm being preachy but I genuinely think that since we've got the opportunity to re-assess, we should take it and support them well before they leave us.

End of blah.

Mozo this is a bold venture. Do you expect your articulate and considered post to receive many replies? Most of the dunderheads on here only understand the simplistic "Stewart's hair is to blame" type post.

For what it's worth, I too find it annoying when people say they have supported city since they were born.

Anyway, back to "He hasn't got enough freckles to play leftback".

Mozo this is a bold venture. Do you expect your articulate and considered post to receive many replies? Most of the dunderheads on here only understand the simplistic "Stewart's hair is to blame" type post.

For what it's worth, I too find it annoying when people say they have supported city since they were born.

Anyway, back to "He hasn't got enough freckles to play leftback".

Ha, I appreciate your respectful reply dagest. I didn't really care if I got any replies (although you always expect to called a (I tried to say a naughty word), particularly if you get preachy).

I was just getting frustrated reading the Stewart threads and had to get this off my mind.

Archived