IGNORED

Williams

swampy

This Williams redevelopment is the brainchild of Bastion Stadium Solutions. Just have a look at their corporate website - hand me the brown paper bag. Another step down to total sanitisation of football into a corporate entertainment activity. I would rather have an honest football side in the Southern League than some corporate entity punching over-weight in the 3rd Division and pretending to be what it isn't. As for Swampy, he's off to support his local Hellenic League side tomorrow - City will be the first result he listens out for but he isn't prepared to put his money into the current set up whose only concern is the bottom line. And I bet for every Corporate client who stumps up to have a seat in the prawn-sandwich section, there are 20 genuine City fans like myself who have simply become totally disallusioned and moved on.

I've got no problem with people of any income group enjoying football, but most of these people are not fans as you or I would recognise them. Being entertained at the gate will just be part of doing business and will mean as much to them as being taken to the theatre, a resatuarant or any other type of corporate brown nose event. Half the time the seats will be empty, as the current corporate seats in the Williams often are making the atmosphere even more like the moon than it is now. I'm not naive enough to think we can survive without corporate money but at a small club like ours it would be absurd to have the prawn sanwich brigade in large numbers, its just not sustainable.

Archived