IGNORED

Cole Skuse

tommy doc

there's little need to point it out (once again) but, (once again) he was out of his depth. well off the pace for the entire game.

get rid of him, move brown in to the centre and we have some bite in the centre and some protection for the back four.

i defy anyone to disagree with his lack of ability.

Guest maccer1

there's little need to point it out (once again) but, (once again) he was out of his depth. well off the pace for the entire game.

get rid of him, move brown in to the centre and we have some bite in the centre and some protection for the back four.

You can add :

Cotterill

Orr

Brown

Murray

Younga

All are out of their depth in League one.

Correct. As usual the game went on around him, and he gives the ball away far too often for a central midfield player. The one position you cannot carry a player is in the middle of the park. We are crying out for a dominant player to take games by the sruff of the neck. Roy Keane anyone?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Its a shame its not working out for skuse, as he's a young bristolian lad, and we all wish the team was full of bristolians.

Unfortunately, that is no x-skuse though.

Thought that Scuse was poor today, couldn't really understand why Russel came on for Murray instead of him to be honest.

Having said that though, it's not fair to make him the scapegoat - it's a team game. You win as a team, and you lose as one.

disagree with Orr if he is at RB.

Sorry,have to disagree, I thought Bradley was Orrfal today-at right back-only matched in his poor performance by Yogi at left back.

Orr did improve for a while a few games back, but today his distribution and crossing for two were amateur(no disrespect to amateur footballers intended).

And with regard to Cole Skuse, he may be one for the future but the time is now, and he's just not good enough all-round.

Skuse was poor.

Not what we need in midfield right now. Let Russell battle instead!

Youga OUT

Cotterill OUT

Skuse OUT

:shifty:

Not Cotterill out. he's a bright talent and one for the future. Its very difficult for a player like him to be in a losing side, as soon as he tries a trick or two the crowd are on his back. Once we get a settled spine of the team he'll be a useful addition and threat in our team. remember he's only a young lad, 17 i think. We need to keep hold of players like him.

One thing my old man said to me about todays game was that Skuse (and the midfield in general) is too lightweight.

My solution: My middle four would always be based on two hard working centre midfielders, one pacey winger, and one floating creative winger. So...

.............................................................Murray/Cotteril

.......Wilkshire

........................Orr....................Brown

:dunno:

Not Cotterill out. he's a bright talent and one for the future. Its very difficult for a player like him to be in a losing side, as soon as he tries a trick or two the crowd are on his back. Once we get a settled spine of the team he'll be a useful addition and threat in our team. remember he's only a young lad, 17 i think. We need to keep hold of players like him.

Sorry, I meant OUT, of the team. For now anyway, he's not physical enough to compete in this league at the mo. Not someone to rely on to inspire, unless we play against smaller sides.

Same goes for Skuse, not quite physical enough. We need a physical central midfielder to partner Wilkshire, or Skuse if Wilkshire is out injured or international duty.

But as far as Youga goes, get him OUT of the squad. A wasted loan signing me thinks!

I TOTALLY DISAGREE that Cole Skuse lacks ABILITY. To say that is a plain stupid statement in my opinion. If he LACKED ABILITY then Spurs, Charlton, Arsenal and Man Utd would have not come anywhere near Ashton Gate to have a look at him. Why don't people think for just a second longer before coming out with such claptrap? Unfortunately the real problem is that he is being asked to do a midfield holding job, at 18/19 years of age, in a strugglling team with no confidence and no experience alongside him to "talk" to him and guide him through. The sort of job that is normally given to top class players such as Makalele. What do you expect the lad to do? Refuse to play when selected (even though that would do his career more good than harm at the moment).

If you really must apportion blame regarding Skuse today then it really lies in two directions only. THE MUGS THAT SELECTED HIM - Johnson and Millen. This is not a Johnson Out thread but I felt his decision making today left a hell of a lot to be desired. Of more concern to me than picking on a kid who is doing his best but struggling at the moment.

I TOTALLY DISAGREE that Cole Skuse lacks ABILITY. To say that is a plain stupid statement in my opinion. If he LACKED ABILITY then Spurs, Charlton, Arsenal and Man Utd would have not come anywhere near Ashton Gate to have a look at him. Why don't people think for just a second longer before coming out with such claptrap? Unfortunately the real problem is that he is being asked to do a midfield holding job, at 18/19 years of age, in a strugglling team with no confidence and no experience alongside him to "talk" to him and guide him through. The sort of job that is normally given to top class players such as Makalele. What do you expect the lad to do? Refuse to play when selected (even though that would do his career more good than harm at the moment).

If you really must apportion blame regarding Skuse today then it really lies in two directions only. THE MUGS THAT SELECTED HIM - Johnson and Millen. This is not a Johnson Out thread but I felt his decision making today left a hell of a lot to be desired. Of more concern to me than picking on a kid who is doing his best but struggling at the moment.

Good shout Greebo, never looked at it that way, maybe now is the time for older heads such as Russell(on at 75 mins?) and Wilkshire/Smith in the middle.

I TOTALLY DISAGREE that Cole Skuse lacks ABILITY. To say that is a plain stupid statement in my opinion. If he LACKED ABILITY then Spurs, Charlton, Arsenal and Man Utd would have not come anywhere near Ashton Gate to have a look at him.

what proof do you have that suprs, charlton, arsenal, man utd are looking at him. you sound like the one talking "claptrap" to me.

Skuse was poor.

Not what we need in midfield right now. Let Russell battle instead!

Youga OUT

Cotterill OUT

Skuse OUT

:shifty:

Are you joking, I really can't tell?

Cotts came off the bench to score and Youga was our only fit left-back (and don't tell me you think Woodman should be recalled!)

Guest ashtonyate

The trouble is they are all young player learning their trade a team can carrie 1 or 2 youngster, but with City more than half the team are too young and inexperanced.We need some old heads and a bit of pace in the team.

Are you joking, I really can't tell?

Cotts came off the bench to score and Youga was our only fit left-back (and don't tell me you think Woodman should be recalled!)

Refer to my other post.

Sorry, I meant OUT, of the team. For now anyway, he's not physical enough to compete in this league at the mo. Not someone to rely on to inspire, unless we play against smaller sides.

Same goes for Skuse, not quite physical enough. We need a physical central midfielder to partner Wilkshire, or Skuse if Wilkshire is out injured or international duty.

But as far as Youga goes, get him OUT of the squad. A wasted loan signing me thinks!

......And I would be very surprised if we didn't sign a new left-back (or even two) in January's transfer window.

You can add :

Cotterill

Orr

Brown

Murray

Younga

All are out of their depth in League one.

Do you not realise, with the exception of Murray, the ages of the players you have quoted above? They are not bad players or out of their depth individually. It is simply that a team of young inexperienced players has been thrown together and asked to get the club out of a very large hole. Anybody who knows anything about football at a decent level realises that experienced players are required, not only to deal with the situation we are currently in, but to help the YOUNGER players (who have never experienced this situation before) come through.

Why don't you actually look at the whole situation before you slag off the youngsters at the club - you obviously take the easy option rather than looking at what is actually going on. Why not trying thinking in future?

I have read most of the replies on this posting and it seems to me that they are asking boys to do a mans job, if the senior pros are not performing and making bad mistakes what chance have young lads of 17, 18, and 19 got.

they are taking as much stick and it hurts them very much especially when there are seniors out there just not good enough.

what proof do you have that suprs, charlton, arsenal, man utd are looking at him. you sound like the one talking "claptrap" to me.

I can tell you for a fact that Man United and Spurs scouts were at Ashton Gate at the tail end of last season analysing his progress, as they have been for about 3 years.

The fact that Charlton were interested in him made the press anyway - so there's your proof.

No 'claptrap', you are the one who is most definetly talking rubbish.

disagree with Orr if he is at RB.

Disagree with Skuse if he is centre back!

Look at this way, he is built for a central defenders role in terms of height, and although the size isn't quite there yet, he'll only get bigger as he gets older...

I seem to remember at the end of last season, that role almost looked perfect for him, and it was like it was already his position even on his debut game for us where he hardly put a foot wrong! And also performed quite well as the last few games went on...

Maybe he didn't like that role? Who knows, but he certainly made a much better job of that position than he currently is doing as a central midfielder in my opinion...

Disagree with Skuse if he is centre back!

Look at this way, he is built for a central defenders role in terms of height, and although the size isn't quite there yet, he'll only get bigger as he gets older...

I seem to remember at the end of last season, that role almost looked perfect for him, and it was like it was already his position even on his debut game for us where he hardly put a foot wrong! And also performed quite well as the last few games went on...

Maybe he didn't like that role? Who knows, but he certainly made a much better job of that position than he currently is doing as a central midfielder in my opinion...

Agree, looked like a footballing centre half which is something you rarely see in lower leagues. Quick enough, tall enough, looks out of sorts at moment; why not?

Archived