IGNORED

Siege Mentality

evered-e

Lets face it the whole of the division and most of the footballing country are having a good laugh at our current position, they`ll all be delighted if we get relegated in May.

Stop providing the ammunition for other teams supporters to throw at us.Its time for a united front.

Love em or hate em we`re all ######s or are you thinking of going to supprt Chelski or the Arse.

If you are please leave quietly and don`t come back.

Those of us that witnessed the 4th division before know it can get a lot worse than it currently is.

I thought the fans today were fantastic, shame about the people on here who invariably weren`t at the game.

Maybe Tinnion had a point about the 10%!.

Guest The Codfather 0312
There actually gets a time when things get so bad that the fans start to rally around.

I thought 4-1 down at home was one of those times!

As you say, we have no real choice but to get behind them!

But by the time that happens it could be too late.

Well said!

We've invariably had better support in terms of atmosphere when we've been going through times of adversity.

I've been in crowds of just a few thousand at the Gate when we were bottom of old div 4 - and everyone got behind the team. The moaners had gone and it was probably just as loud as it is now!

Recently, I couldn't believe how quiet The Gate was when we played Cardiff in the play-offs a few years ago.

We do seem to get behind the lads when things are against us much more effectively than when we are doing well. It's a strange phenomenon - perhaps it has something to do with being Bristolian!

One of the best atmospheres at home I can remember was against Walsall many years ago. We were a goal down when Keith Curle was sent off - very harshly in my totally unbiased opinion!

What happened next was incredible. All four sides of the ground got right behind the lads and the volume just got louder and louder. We simply wouldn't let them lose and they responded magnificently.

The 10 heroes turned the match totally on its head and the East End literally sucked in the winning goal by Paul Fitzpatrick to spark delirium all around the ground!

So come on everyone, we are in trouble but lets keep negativity to discussions in the pub or on here. There is no point in turning up at The Gate to barrack the team. uWe have nothing to lose by just getting behind the boys every game.

Archived