IGNORED

Any Nutters Going To Doncaster

Guest ashtonunited

Guest redphilc

I don't know why but ive decieded to go and lend my support to the team. What is the away part like? Anyone know about doncasters ground.

I am going and I can't wait. It is going to be a fantastic day.

If your going by train its 5 hours 51 minutes direct or 4 hours 43 minutes via London (due to engineering works). Oh and on the return journey no direct train, all via London -

Train Times Bristol Temple Meads > Doncaster

Direct

Bristol Temple Meads dep 0728

Doncaster arr 1319

journey time 5 hrs 51 mins

via London

Bristol Temple Meads dep 0830

London Paddington arr 1030

London Kings cross dep 1115

Doncaster arr 1313

journey time 4 hrs 43 mins

Return Doncaster > Bristol Temple Meads

via London Only

Doncaster dep 1755

London Kings Cross arr 2006

London Paddington dep 2045

Bath Spa arr 2221

Bath Spa dep 2229

Bristol Temple Meads arr 2245

journey time 4 hrs 50 mins

Tad complicated, due to all the engineering work going on... :ph34r:

would be going but have to have a knee operation on saturday so have to miss it :angry: ,

so hope it snows so can can go to the game later on in the season,

also maybe with a two break we may start playing better :pray: .

Guest bristolbred

I shall be there, weather permitting!!

:crying:

Tad complicated, due to all the engineering work going on...

Plus it's silly season, and there's an arsonist at large in the Midlands, so if i was you, i'd avoid the trains like the plague prior to Christmas!!

:whistle:

Guest bristolbred

Shocking ground. Dreadful away end. Went there last season on that cold Tuesday night for the 1-1 draw. VERY cold!

Make a weekend of it, and get to know a few Yorkshire Lasses!!

:whistle::wub::)

Snow is forecast for Friday and Saturday, so I'd imagine there's a fair chance the game won't go ahead.

Birmingham's was cancelled tonight due to FOG!!

:blink:

Guest StevePSB

Get a taste of Belle Vue now, because by mid December next year it'll be replaced with our new £32m ground.

Saturday has been designated by management as a day for as many Rovers fans to turn out as possible (due to a bad turnout last Saturday), and for this game we've got the Rossington End (normally the away end), so you won't be stood there this time. Away supporters will get a section of the Mainstand seating and the Mainstand Terrace closest to the Rossington End.

It's likely to be close to a sell out, and should be a good day. See you there!

Guest Bristol Red Rover

Parking - you can park at the ground if you're early enough, otherwise theres enough parking close by.

Pub - The Park Hotel near the ground is good and friendly or you can try the Viking Bar at the ground - £1 to get in I think.

Segregation - of course you are segregated!

Food - well I think it's poo.

Weather - bit of snow never hurt anyone, just wear a vest under your shirt.

Come on you reds! - That'll be us, you golden boys :farmer:

And enjoy Donny :englandsmile4wf:

Guest bristolbred

Parking - you can park at the ground if you're early enough, otherwise theres enough parking close by.

Pub - The Park Hotel near the ground is good and friendly or you can try the Viking Bar at the ground - £1 to get in I think.

Segregation - of course you are segregated!

Food - well I think it's poo.

Weather - bit of snow never hurt anyone, just wear a vest under your shirt.

Come on you reds! - That'll be us, you golden boys :farmer:

And enjoy Donny :englandsmile4wf:

AND IF YOU ARE REALLY MAD!!. and decided to go by train!!, (remember the longer than normal journeys due to Engineering work!)........................................................................

Doncaster Station is just under two miles away, so you are probably best taking a taxi to the ground. If you do have time on your hands and you fancy the long walk then it is a fairly straight route from the railway station; Leave the station and proceed straight ahead, (possibly around various work huts that keep appearing as the area is being re-developed), and cross the road by the pelican crossing.

Turn Right, walk about 100 m. and turn left. Follow this road to the front of the shopping centre and carry on past the shops until you reach a cross roads junction, (this is all paved). Turn right by the HSBC bank, and onto the High Street. Keep going straight on for about a mile and half or so, until you reach the ground on your right.

You can also catch the number 57 bus from Duke Street in the town centre. Exit the railway station from the front entrance and cross over the dual carriage way using the crossing. Turn right and walk for around 200 yards to the second street on the left. Go down here and walk up to McDonalds, and take the first right after McDonalds into Duke Street. The first bus stop that you reach is for the No. 57 to Cantley. Get off the bus after the large roundabout where Doncaster Racecourse is situated. The bus takes around 5-10 minutes depending on traffic. The cost is around 70p for an adult and 40p for a child.

;););)

Guest Bristol Red Rover

Just in case someone misses what I said on the other thread on this:

Take into account an expected bigger than normal crowd and weather conditions if you're travelling. Could be a long walk from the train station if the town centre gets clogged with snow and it's unlikely there'll be extra buses put on. And if you're early, there's more time for frothy beer :w00t:

Guest Bristol Red Rover

I,m going, about 10 of us in a mini-bus, leaving at 7.30, new ground for me and 1st away game of the season, we,ll win, i have no doubt about that, THE RECOVERY STARTS AT DONNY !!!!!!

GJ has had some good times at Donny, and we're crap at home (and away) this season so think you could be right about the win there. I'll take losing to you on sat and beating Villa on Tues.

Good luck with the Recovery - it's a long tow back to Brizzle :whistle:

Archived