IGNORED

Dear Gary- It Is Your Team

poolered

I think that we have got the message by now that this is not your team, that they have no passion that they don't tackle. The problem is that it is our team and its the only team that you have got so you had better get on with the job of motivating them before its too late. I don't believe that individually this team is as bad as it is being portrayed. Lets look at the facts :

Phillips - consistent over many years and voted best keeper in this division a couple of years back

Carey - I am not one of his biggest fans but he is clearly good enough to play at this level

Heywood - Again has shown that he can play at this level

Partridge - Plays ok for Wales and has shown he can perform elsewhere

Woodman - not the most exciting sull back in the world but definitely not the worst

Golbourne - plenty to learn but has played with distinction for England U 18

Wiltshire - comfortable at this level good passer , free kicks getting better

Brown - good engine, good shot, loads of energy

Murray - possibly lacking in confidence but not ability

Cotterill - loads of skill and promise needs experience but will be very good

Brooker - superb leader of the line and finisher

Stewart - hasnt suddenly become a bad player

Gillespie - has shown he can finish in Lita style just needs a run in the team

Are you honestly telling me that this lot are relegation material compared to the resources at the disposal of other managers in this division? On top of this you have the opportunity to bring in loan players when you want them. Nobody is saying that you have the perfect squad and no doubt we need a tackling midfield player but please don't keeping banging on about how poor this squad is.

I was right behind your appointment and still believe that you will get it right but the first thing you can do is to stop worrying about your own reputation and get on with the job at hand which involves motivating and organising the current squad and strengthening where necessary. Tinman has gone and it is no longer his team it is yours so lets hear a more positive message about the players and for goodness sakes get Phillips back in goal.

ets look at the facts :

Phillips - Fans have called for him to be dropped and got what they wanted.

Carey - Hasn't seemed interested since his return from Coventry, one of the worst performers in the team.

Heywood - Signed from lowly Swindon, has been injured for much of the season.

Partridge - Used to play in Scotland, was arrested for drunken violence, gave away a pen on debut

Woodman - Has been a fringe player for years

Golbourne - Young talent - injured by the way

Wiltshire - comfortable at this level good passer , free kicks getting better I'll give you that one

Brown - good engine, good shot, loads of energy his first season in first team football

Murray - older and less sharp than his former self

Cotterill - loads of skill and promise agreed, but is only 17

Brooker - superb leader of the line and finisher agreed

Stewart - Fell out with manager, only four goals (yeah I know - 'service')

Gillespie - Has been nothing more than a fringe player for most of his career

Some more:

Orr - fringe player all his career

Fortune - fringe player all his career, currently struggling on loan

Russell - Injured all season until 2 games ago

G Smith - unproven at this level, unfit

J Smith - has never looked the part for the club, aggression makes him a liability

Bridges - hasn't had first team football for something like four years

Skuse - debut season in first team

His team? Who did he buy?

He should motivate this mix of youngsters, fringe players and underperformers just like that should he?

Without some inspired signings, that list look like potential relegation fodder to me.

I think that we have got the message by now that this is not your team, that they have no passion that they don't tackle. The problem is that it is our team and its the only team that you have got so you had better get on with the job of motivating them before its too late. I don't believe that individually this team is as bad as it is being portrayed. Lets look at the facts :

Phillips - consistent over many years and voted best keeper in this division a couple of years back

Carey - I am not one of his biggest fans but he is clearly good enough to play at this level

Woodman - not the most exciting sull back in the world but definitely not the worst

Are you honestly telling me that this lot are relegation material compared to the resources at the disposal of other managers in this division? On top of this you have the opportunity to bring in loan players when you want them. Nobody is saying that you have the perfect squad and no doubt we need a tackling midfield player but please don't keeping banging on about how poor this squad is.

I was right behind your appointment and still believe that you will get it right but the first thing you can do is to stop worrying about your own reputation and get on with the job at hand which involves motivating and organising the current squad and strengthening where necessary. Tinman has gone and it is no longer his team it is yours so lets hear a more positive message about the players and for goodness sakes get Phillips back in goal.

IS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS WITH THE FORUM ???

Wow! How opinions can differ. A few observations - Phillips was voted best Keeper in this Division by his fellow Pro's in 03/04 - I think that ranks above a hanful of gobby morons who abuse him.

Swindon were not lowly when Heywood was there - The finished just below us last season.

I thought Grant Smith had a great season for Swindon, so how is he 'unproven'

Gillespie - Was ready last season, but was held back by Litas form. His record in the reserves and at Cheltenham is good, we need pace, he is a trier, why not give him a go?

As regards motivating these players, he managed it when he first arrived, it was only once be brought in loan players that it went wrong. All through Mozos comments, inexperience is the key. If so, why bring in 2 inexperienced defenders? I think the truth is that Poolered describes the players with the team going well and confident, and Mozo shows what we have now.

On the subject of Phillips, one of the morons sits near me, and it was good to hear that the 4 goals we conceded on Saturday were the first in 4 years not caused Phillips mistakes! Count the number of errors since the Pulis days, I am sure they are considerably less than the number of times he has bailed out our defence.

I think the point is that GJ has to work with what he has got, these players have proved that they can play, albeit inconsitently. Do a similar analysis on teams who beat us, most are in the same position, I mean Chesterfield was hardly a star-studded line up. And look at what Onura has achieved at Swindon - They were pitiful, but he found the right players to bring in, organised the team and motivated the players. And he is a novice Manager.........

If he is half the manager he is supposed to be then too right he should be able to motivate this squad to achieve better than 7 defeats on the spin. Tins did much better with the squad than GJ has, while loanees to date have not over impressed.

So far not impressed by comments made or performances and we cannot wiat until January for things to improve!!

totally agree, if anyone thinks our squad is the 23rd worst in the league in anything other than present position then they are mad. These players and this squad simply is not the 23rd worst team in the league.We are massively under achieving and its the managers job to sort that out, ok so he wants to bring in some of his own players, fine, but untill then this IS his team and he MUST make do, he certainly should not be losing 7 in a row with this squad, be they his players or not.

So far not impressed by comments made or performances and we cannot wiat until January for things to improve!!

What's the alternative then? Surely you cannot seriously be suggesting that we need to consider yet another change of management? Which manager in his right mind would consider coming here if we had the reputation of giving Managers less time than Real Madrid?

What's the alternative then? Surely you cannot seriously be suggesting that we need to consider yet another change of management? Which manager in his right mind would consider coming here if we had the reputation of giving Managers less time than Real Madrid?

I know what your saying, but seriously how many defeats in a row can any manager take? regardless of how long they have been in charge. If these defeats continue, we will be all but relegated by january, and personally i can not see things changing a HUGE amount even then. Can we even bring in a load of new faces? Will they be of the pedigree we need to change things? And if so, will they be able to gel quick enough to make up the points deficit we may have accumilated by then? if we are adrift by too much, even a far imroved team and end of season may not be enough. The new man appointed after Tinnion surely had to be employed to get results before January, not just after, and at present GJ has not imroved anything (at least not visably on the pitch and through results), its a massive decision and I'm not sure where i stand on it, but say we lost the next 3, 4 or 5 games, and were bottom and 8 or 9 points off safety, could you leave GJ in charge?

totally agree, if anyone thinks our squad is the 23rd worst in the league in anything other than present position then they are mad. These players and this squad simply is not the 23rd worst team in the league.We are massively under achieving and its the managers job to sort that out, ok so he wants to bring in some of his own players, fine, but untill then this IS his team and he MUST make do, he certainly should not be losing 7 in a row with this squad, be they his players or not.

I agree too. No one can seriousley tell me that GJ didn't know what he was coming to, it couldn't of been just a snap decision to leave the comfort of rural Yeovil to come here, a job filled with expectation and pressure, if he didn't think he could work with what he's inherited at least until January.

Judging so far by the failure, in the main, of the loan signings I hate to think what we are going to have come Feb 1st. It's going to be a long hard winter as predicted by the long range forcasters!! :dunno:

its a massive decision and I'm not sure where i stand on it, but say we lost the next 3, 4 or 5 games, and were bottom and 8 or 9 points off safety, could you leave GJ in charge?

Yes. As I have said elsewhere, he is here for three years, the job he has taken on will take at least that long. Any short term success he was going to have would be a bonus.

The club (not necessarily the 1st team) has been in decline even in the DW days, it will not be improved in a couple of months.

Archived