IGNORED

City V Chesterfield

Bristol Boy

Well, just when you thought it couldn't get any worse :(

I'll start by saying that, after realising we'd loose as soon as Chesterfields FIRST goal went in, my only remaining hope during the ninety minutes was that Brookers' injury wasn't serious.

As usual we went with 4-4-2.

As usual, we had no left side at all.Youga isn't any better than what we've loaned out and Brown isn't a left sided midfielder.His heart isn't in it as he worries himself sick about a court appearance.If you watch Orr & Brown, neither are in form and lack concentration at critical times.

The same can be said for Partridge who, IMHO, will be lucky to escape a custodial sentence.That MUST play on your mind and your concentration must lapse, at the very least.

As usual, we didn't have any aggression in the centre of midfield and played with two central midfielders.

As usual, they were overun or bypassed.

This isn't the first time.

It's now become entirely predictable and normal.

It is to be expected and if we go on doing the same things WHY SHOULD ANYTHING CHANGE????? :angry::angry: :@ :@

Simply put, WE DO NOT HAVE THE PLAYERS TO PLAY 4-4-2, 4-5-1 or even 4-3-3 without a radical change of personnel and tactics.

The loan signings are NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO make a difference and Quinns' absence on the bench was another serious error of judgement from Johnson, because Cotterill & Stewart up front in this Division is far to lightweight and a music hall selection-He had no alternative on the bench and ONE was available-Poor judgement in the extreme.

He now wants TWO MORE LOAN SIGNINGS.

If the current ones are anything to go by, God help us and the effect will be to further ruin morale as players see people that are no better than them, replacing them.That is just plain wrong and crass stupidity in terms of man management.

The defence is an Xmas Club and the worst in English Proffessional Football.A 40 year old journeyman could walk through our midfield in carpet slippers.

There's no plan A, never mind plan B. :angry:

We are a team of nearly men.

This TEAM is the worst Bristol City TEAM in 35 YEARS, based on the number of straight defeats.FACT

The organisation is something short of pathetic and I truly wonder what we do during the week in training.People have sometimes asked if I could do better, because Johnson's a "real manager"

Well, I tell you this.If I couldn't select, motivate and coach a team of ELEVEN FOOTBALLERS WHO'D NEVER MET, to perform better than our current bunch, I'd pack up coaching and watching Football tomorrow.

IT'S THAT BAD and unless something truly radical takes place-we're down!

BASSO:5/10 I wouldn't fault him for the goals, but I don't see an improvement on Phillips and he commands the rabble in front of him, no better.I think he'll be gone at Xmas and Johnson has a keeper lined up.Phillips may be sold but if that's the case why grant him a testimonial?

ORR:4/10 Postionally naive, inept and at fault for thr first goal.One of the worst passers of a ball, I've seen at AG and slow on the turn to boot.

YOUGA:4/10 I've seen him twice now over 90 minutes and I'd pick Woodman & Fortune at LB in front of him and Golbourne at LWB in front of him.

HEYWOOD:4/10 Exposed by those around him in defence and midfield and lucky to stay on the field after conceeding the penalty.His worst game by far and you have to ask if he's fit and why we play a flat back four when he and Joseph are so slow and the full backs are so awful.

JOSEPH:5/10 No better than what we have in a 4-4-2.Could be handy in a three but why bother when Carey, Keogh & Partridge are all as good if not better.

MURRAY:5/10 At least got in a position to score, then failed miserably.Nearly man of the highest order and another who should be shown the door.

WILKSHIRE:7/10 One of a very few brighter sparks.Fine goal and one player who actually looked like he wanted to play and new how to.Never going to knock people over, but will score goals and get past the ball.We need to balance that with TWO other central midfielders who compliment him.

SKUSE:4/10 Looked like a central defender playing in midfield.Poor positionally and poor distribution.Never going to threaten the opposition and lightweight.

BROWN:4/10 Just not at the races.Out of position,lacking confidence & form.

BROOKER:6/10 Looked the part while he was on the field and our one chance of avoiding relegation.

STEWART:5/10 Good header set up a chance for Heywood that could have settled things down early in the second half.Still not doing enough for me but the way we just bashed the ball forward in the air when Brooker left the field appalled me and we won't see the best of Stewart until we start playing some decent football.

RUSSELL:Looked decent when he came on and combined well with Wilkshire.You have to ask why Johnson didn't start him.He said he didn't feel he had 90 minutes in him.OK then, play him for 70, let's get three goals in front and then I'll play in central midfield!!

SMITH:5/10 If we aren't going to play this guy in central midfield, let him leave the club.He got ten goals for Swindon last year playing in central midfield.He' played all of 20 minutes there for us ALL SEASON.Ludicrous.

COTTERILL:5/10 Scored a goal, but far to lightweight to play up front without a minder like Brooker and even then he's not the part at the moment.

Heywood: His worst game by far and you have to ask if he's fit and why we play a flat back four when he and Joseph are so slow and the full backs are so awful.

This is typical Heywood I'm afraid.

I wish I was more constructive in my criticism of Heywood when he joined you in the summer because alot more would take my comments a little bit seriously.

He's not as good as you think, hope or want him to be.... Especially when you need it the most.

Always exploited by strikers, forever relying on other players' pace to help him out.

Average leader, good header of the ball... Mediocre League One defender I'm afraid.

The loan signings are NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO make a difference and Quinns' absence on the bench was another serious error of judgement from Johnson, because Cotterill & Stewart up front in this Division is far to lightweight and a music hall selection-He had no alternative on the bench and ONE was available-Poor judgement in the extreme.

Quinn was ill. Dreadful judgement...

Anyway I by and large agree with you. Say what you like about Tinnion but we were never as bad under him as we have been in the last 2 home games.

This is typical Heywood I'm afraid.

I wish I was more constructive in my criticism of Heywood when he joined you in the summer because alot more would take my comments a little bit seriously.

He's not as good as you think, hope or want him to be.... Especially when you need it the most.

Always exploited by strikers, forever relying on other players' pace to help him out.

Average leader, good header of the ball... Mediocre League One defender I'm afraid.

Well I think that's a bit harsh. For every game except this one he has done everything asked him, which is to head the ball away. He caught out for the penalty but you have to ask yourself where Orr was and we he wasn't naywhere near the man. I don't think he is amazing but I never expected that. What I expected was a defender who could head the ball away and he has done it 85% of the time. I think him and Sankofa would be pretty good.

We also never had 3 players arrested under Tinnion. The fall from grace can be traced back to this.

Maybe so, but you can't blame the failure to organise a defence, the poor team selection (Skuse? Orr?), poor loan signings (Joseph? Youga?) and lack of passion entirely on the night club incident.

Maybe Johnson will get it right eventually, but at the moment I'm not seeing much that suggests that that will happen any time soon. He needs new players in all positions, and I also think he needs some new coaching staff. Millen and Walsh are 2 of the constants from the last 16 months, and it can't be a coincidence.

I'll start by saying that, after realising we'd loose as soon as Chesterfields FIRST goal went in, my only remaining hope during the ninety minutes was that Brookers' injury wasn't serious.

As usual, we had no left side at all.Youga isn't any better than what we've loaned out and Brown isn't a left sided midfielder.His heart isn't in it as he worries himself sick about a court appearance.If you watch Orr & Brown, neither are in form and lack concentration at critical times.

The same can be said for Partridge who, IMHO, will be lucky to escape a custodial sentence.That MUST play on your mind and your concentration must lapse, at the very least.

As usual, we didn't have any aggression in the centre of midfield and played with two central midfielders.

It is to be expected and if we go on doing the same things WHY SHOULD ANYTHING CHANGE????? :angry::angry: :@ :@

Simply put, WE DO NOT HAVE THE PLAYERS TO PLAY 4-4-2, 4-5-1 or even 4-3-3 without a radical change of personnel and tactics.

If the current ones are anything to go by, God help us and the effect will be to further ruin morale as players see people that are no better than them, replacing them.That is just plain wrong and crass stupidity in terms of man management.

The defence is an Xmas Club and the worst in English Proffessional Football.A 40 year old journeyman could walk through our midfield in carpet slippers.

This TEAM is the worst Bristol City TEAM in 35 YEARS, based on the number of straight defeats.FACT

The organisation is something short of pathetic and I truly wonder what we do during the week in training.People have sometimes asked if I could do better, because Johnson's a "real manager"

Well, I tell you this.If I couldn't select, motivate and coach a team of ELEVEN FOOTBALLERS WHO'D NEVER MET, to perform better than our current bunch, I'd pack up coaching and watching Football tomorrow.

BASSO:5/10 I wouldn't fault him for the goals, but I don't see an improvement on Phillips and he commands the rabble in front of him, no better.I think he'll be gone at Xmas and Johnson has a keeper lined up.Phillips may be sold but if that's the case why grant him a testimonial?

ORR:4/10 Postionally naive, inept and at fault for thr first goal.One of the worst passers of a ball, I've seen at AG and slow on the turn to boot.

YOUGA:4/10 I've seen him twice now over 90 minutes and I'd pick Woodman & Fortune at LB in front of him and Golbourne at LWB in front of him.

HEYWOOD:4/10 Exposed by those around him in defence and midfield and lucky to stay on the field after conceeding the penalty.His worst game by far and you have to ask if he's fit and why we play a flat back four when he and Joseph are so slow and the full backs are so awful.

JOSEPH:5/10 No better than what we have in a 4-4-2.Could be handy in a three but why bother when Carey, Keogh & Partridge are all as good if not better.

MURRAY:5/10 At least got in a position to score, then failed miserably.Nearly man of the highest order and another who should be shown the door.

WILKSHIRE:7/10 One of a very few brighter sparks.Fine goal and one player who actually looked like he wanted to play and new how to.Never going to knock people over, but will score goals and get past the ball.We need to balance that with TWO other central midfielders who compliment him.

SKUSE:4/10 Looked like a central defender playing in midfield.Poor positionally and poor distribution.Never going to threaten the opposition and lightweight.

BROOKER:6/10 Looked the part while he was on the field and our one chance of avoiding relegation.

STEWART:5/10 Good header set up a chance for Heywood that could have settled things down early in the second half.Still not doing enough for me but the way we just bashed the ball forward in the air when Brooker left the field appalled me and we won't see the best of Stewart until we start playing some decent football.

RUSSELL:Looked decent when he came on and combined well with Wilkshire.You have to ask why Johnson didn't start him.He said he didn't feel he had 90 minutes in him.OK then, play him for 70, let's get three goals in front and then I'll play in central midfield!!

SMITH:5/10 If we aren't going to play this guy in central midfield, let him leave the club.He got ten goals for Swindon last year playing in central midfield.He' played all of 20 minutes there for us ALL SEASON.Ludicrous.

COTTERILL:5/10 Scored a goal, but far to lightweight to play up front without a minder like Brooker and even then he's not the part at the moment.

I agree with all of your post 100%

I have watched city since Fred Ford was manager (1967) and the seconf half display was the WORST I've seen (I wasn't at Swansea) in 38 years. Even when we were relegated to the old 4th division it was not as bad as this. The 4th division team that Terry Cooper cobbled together with Free Transfers and kids from the reserves after the "Ashton 8" left would COMFORTABLY beat this team.

I support the team, I do not boo or moan (at the game) but I am seriously concerned now by Gary Johnson's

selections,tactics,loans, and substitutions. Yes Tinnion did cause the situation by leaving us with a squad lacking quality,pace,experience,and balance, and I did not expect Johnson to work a miracle or get us into a play off position but I did expect some improvement or sign that the team were going to improve. Gary Johnson is looking a pale shadow of the chirpy character who breezed into AG 8 weeks ago. The size of the task seems to be getting on top of him and I think so many areas need strengthening that even he knows he won't be able to put it all right in January.

It hurts but I think we definately will do down - I havn't seen 4 worse teams than us in the division so far and that's the reality.

Ask yourself how many of the team were the team 18 months ago

Murray, kept out by Rougier

Wilkshire, Played sometimes.

All the rest have gone, most by Tinnion and replaced by players not as good.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see why its all gone wrong.

I agree, Johnsons loan signings are aweful.

He unbelieveably has managed to make a poor team worse.

Well I think that's a bit harsh. For every game except this one he has done everything asked him, which is to head the ball away. He caught out for the penalty but you have to ask yourself where Orr was and we he wasn't naywhere near the man. I don't think he is amazing but I never expected that. What I expected was a defender who could head the ball away and he has done it 85% of the time. I think him and Sankofa would be pretty good.

I totally put my hands up and agree that I am harsh to the guy.

Fact is you've only won one game with Heywood playing. After watching him many times for Swindon especially in the later stages of his STFC career, this doesn't suprise me at all.

In the original post, Bristol Boy talked about Brown and Orr being affected by a court appearance and would be amazed if Partridge escapes a custodial sentence. Have I missed something in the news? Have they been charged or is Bristol Boy referring to the worry of whether they will be charged or not?

In the original post, Bristol Boy talked about Brown and Orr being affected by a court appearance and would be amazed if Partridge escapes a custodial sentence. Have I missed something in the news? Have they been charged or is Bristol Boy referring to the worry of whether they will be charged or not?

As far as I know this has hardly been mentioned since, the club has done well to keep it quiet and protect their confidentiality.

At least 2 of the players are badly off form, whether or not their alledged involvement has much to do with this we don't know. I don't think we will be able to 'turn the corner' until it is sorted one way or another. I hope for the club, players and fans that this is soon.

I know it isn't the sole reason for the complete mess we are in, but I think it is a huge factor. :dunno:

It must be hanging over their heads like the sword of Damacles at the moment.GJ dropped all thee because their heads weren't right just after it happened (Tranmere 1-0) and they haven't been the same players since they returned.

I totally put my hands up and agree that I am harsh to the guy.

Fact is you've only won one game with Heywood playing. After watching him many times for Swindon especially in the later stages of his STFC career, this doesn't suprise me at all.

I understand with you're point about only winning 1 game but apart from Saturday he has been blameless in that for me. Has done everything asked of him.

Archived