IGNORED

I'll Back Gary Johnson Even If We Go Down

nester

Nooooooooooooooooo.

We CANNOT under any circumstance go down. If we are relegated then that's good night BCFC and should probably be goodnight Gary Johnson.

Just look at the teams that go down and don't recover - Rovers, Oxford, Notts County, etc.

If we went down it would be catastrophic.

Agreed - we might need to go down. The club WOULD survive. We'd have a manager who knows the division - one whos used to working on a shoestring. We could try and get some momentum going and get promoted. Plus I've been to all the grounds in this division and need some new ones to go to!

Guest pirate100

Nooooooooooooooooo.

We CANNOT under any circumstance go down. If we are relegated then that's good night BCFC and should probably be goodnight Gary Johnson.

Just look at the teams that go down and don't recover - Rovers, Oxford, Notts County, etc.

BUT BRILLIANT

Guest pirate100

pirate100, if you don't have anything constructive to add to the debate then please stop trolling and get a life.

Moron.

okay, deadly serious now. i don't think it would be a good thing (for your lot) if c*ty went down, because even though some clubs bounce back with momentum, knowing bristol clubs, you'll stay down and c*ty and gas will battle it out at the bottom fo the next 20yrs. a horrifying, yet likely prospect.

I'm not saying I want that or it should happen. I deffo don't want it to happen - it could break the club financially.

I meant that this might be what ultimately gets us going on a firm basis, to build on fur the future.

And if it happened I would still back GJ all the way - would you?

(And for every notts country, oxford etc there are luton, hull, plymouth, rotherham cardiff and probably swansea).

Yes it would be a disaster to go down, but we have to be real, we have not won in seven and are one of the bottom in the relegation zone.....

and while we remain in that position we have to accept relegation as a possibility.

Here's supporting the lads to pull us away.

:city::farmer::city::farmer::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::farmer::city:

because that might be what it takes to get this shambles of a so-called football club back on its feet.

And how long will you give him in league 2? so far his record is not impresive, played 11, won 3 (of the first 4) lost 8, including a run of 7 straight defeats, I am not impressed with the fact that on saturday, we didn't have a spare striker on the bench, having farmed out all the others on loan. This is bad management in my eyes, despite him being the 'mesiah' in some peoples eyes, I have yet to see any positve effect of his tenure as manager of this club.

I really do hope we turn the corner soon, but I can't see any light at the end of a very long tunnel.

Would HATE to go down, but regardless i have to agree and GJ gets my total support while at this club

Agreed.

Lansdown has stated that not only is he certain that the club would survive financially if relegated, but also that players contracts stipulate a pay decrease in the event of the drop.

As much as we like to think that BCFC are too big for the basement division, we have to face facts. Four teams are going down this year and if we can't notch up the points it will be us.

Then we'll have all sorts of backlash and anger. Heads might roll, they might not. The fact is, next season it'll be business as usual - BCFC trying to win games.

Were in a bad way, relegation is a million miles away from the answer, I see your point, Luton went down back up and gained momentum but NO. We don't need to get relegated. If we manage to stay up, I`m confident Gary could turn it round next season.

I think he will turn it around this season to be honest.

Come January when he can bring in some new players, and I believe he will, the tide will turn!

He's only been here 11 games!

Let's give the man a chance for christ sake!

Nooooooooooooooooo.

You say we CANNOT, but it's a strong possibillity that we CAN and will. Steve L said that we would survive if we went down.

And look at other teams that went down, Preston, Burnley, Plymouth, Hull.

It would be a strong test for all concerned with City, but it will sort out who wants to fight for the club on the pitch and within the fanbase.

It would be foolish to sack Johnson unless we had someone better to replace him. We don't want another Wilson/Tinnion fiasco.

I don't think we will go down. But, it wouldn't be the end of BCFC. :city:

Edit: Johnson has my full support.

Gary Johnson has my support, even if the unthinkable happens.

In another thread it was worked out that if we lose all our games until January, a distinct possibility, City would have to get at least 11 wins from the remaining 21 games to get the minimum 50 points considered necessary for survival.

Gary Johnson has stated that he knows what is going to happen in January and can't wait.

You have to assume that really big changes are afoot and several key players are lined up.

The big problem then is they will have to gel into a winning side almost immediately to give us hope and every team will be signing players and then be battling hard for points for different reasons.

City are going to have to make exactly the right signings AND get lucky to maintain Div. 1 status.

Although it's impossible to be optimistic for our immediate future, looking at the other candidates ( many of whom would undoubtedly resurface if he left)) i'm still convinced GJ was the right choice for the long term.

why???? When he took over we were not in a relegation position - we are now and in my view have got worse rather than better under Johnson who has made a number of mistakes in his handling of the squad. If we go down it will be Johnson's failure so why would he have your backing???

why???? When he took over we were not in a relegation position - we are now and in my view have got worse rather than better under Johnson who has made a number of mistakes in his handling of the squad. If we go down it will be Johnson's failure so why would he have your backing???

Totally agree, he's turned what was tinnions very average team, into his own very poor team. We have lost 8 of the 11 matches he has been in charge of, brought in pretty poor loan signings, and loaned out all but the kitchen sink. I still can't believe we did not have a spare striker on the bench on Saturday, we should have kept either Bridges or Gillespie as backup. On the strength of the loanees he's brought in, I am not opomistic about January. One other thing, where is the finance coming from to make these signings in January? I thought we were broke.

You are completely wrong megansdad, when GJ took over we were in exactly the same league position as we are now, 23rd, having just lost at Nottingham Forest.

Why would he have my support if we went down? Simply that he was the best candidate for the job and would still be the best bet to drag us out of the basement.

What you see as 'mistakes', others see as the belated kick up the backside our pampered underachievers have needed for some time. The biggest factor in our decline after GJ made a good start was the arrest of the 3 players, the blame for which which cannot be laid at his door.

As for handling of the squad, if players can't stand the heat ( which for many of them has been proven over and over again ) then they should get out of the kitchen, and hopefully several will in the near future.

If you wouldn't back Gary Johnson, and bearing in mind that further upheaval would be ludicrous, perhaps you can name an unemployed manager who you think would be more suitable for a successful Div. 2 campaign?

One who we could afford and would consider coming to us in that position, that is. :dunno:

You are completely wrong megansdad, when GJ took over we were in exactly the same league position as we are now, 23rd, having just lost at Nottingham Forest.

Why would he have my support if we went down? Simply that he was the best candidate for the job and would still be the best bet to drag us out of the basement.

What you see as 'mistakes', others see as the belated kick up the backside our pampered underachievers have needed for some time. The biggest factor in our decline after GJ made a good start was the arrest of the 3 players, the blame for which which cannot be laid at his door.

As for handling of the squad, if players can't stand the heat ( which for many of them has been proven over and over again ) then they should get out of the kitchen, and hopefully several will in the near future.

If you wouldn't back Gary Johnson, and bearing in mind that further upheaval would be ludicrous, perhaps you can name an unemployed manager who you think would be more suitable for a successful Div. 2 campaign?

One who we could afford and would consider coming to us in that position, that is. :dunno:

perfectly put. who the hell is going to want to come to us if GJ left??? its time for us fans to back GJ for at least the rest of this season and the whole of next regardless of what division we are in. i must admit of i have been disapointed in the loan signings he has made but we have to back him and if at the end of next season we are still poor then maybe the time for a change will be then, not now. the club has been in contsant decline since DW left. when we recover we should never kid ourselves into thinking that we are bigger than we are again, never get p1ssed off just and throw the baby out with the bathwater just because we cant convert top of the table seasons in this division into promotions. :shutup:

Guest SteveinNC

because that might be what it takes to get this shambles of a so-called football club back on its feet.

For the first time in years, I really believe relegation is a strong possibility. I just cannot see GJ turning this thing around anytime soon. Where has everything gone wrong?

:dunno:

Lansdown has stated that not only is he certain that the club would survive financially if relegated, but also that players contracts stipulate a pay decrease in the event of the drop.

is that true - about the decrease in the players' salaries in the contracts?

Guest Harry Dolman

Yes it is, it was on the SL forum recently.

Didn't say by how much, but presumably by a substantial amount otherwise it would be pointless.

At Yeovil GJ built a good young squad, often picking up bargains from non league (before anyone says we need to buy players from a higher level, Freddy Eastwood played in the Conf 12 mths ago). Given time GJ will do a good job here.

I still feel a major issue is that he has had no pre-season - this means a) the players probably aren't as fit as he'd like & b) he has to conduct most of his experiments in meeaningful games.

If we go down, and I don't think we will, it will be Johnson that has been in charge for 3/4 of the season and he will bear responsibility - not sure I'll be backing him if this happens. Contrast the quote with the support Tinnion did not receive -anything but promotion would be failure - give him until xmas etc. Well if we go down Johnson will have failed big time. His public comments have in my view made our situation worse rather than better and his handling of the squad since he took over has not impressed, neither have his don't judge me on this lot comments.

So far I have yet to see much magic from GJ

Guest Harry Dolman

If we go down, and I don't think we will, it will be Johnson that has been in charge for 3/4 of the season and he will bear responsibility - not sure I'll be backing him if this happens. Contrast the quote with the support Tinnion did not receive -anything but promotion would be failure - give him until xmas etc. Well if we go down Johnson will have failed big time. His public comments have in my view made our situation worse rather than better and his handling of the squad since he took over has not impressed, neither have his don't judge me on this lot comments.

So far I have yet to see much magic from GJ

You can't really compare & contrast, Tinnion took over a team that had finished 3rd 2 years running, Johnwon took over a team 2nd bottom.

Wilson went in 2004, if we sacked Johnson next summer we would be on manager No 4 in around 2 years - look at Rovers, constant changing of managers, each one needs time to get their ideas across/their players in, it just doesn't work. Johnson has proven success in Lg 2 - if we go down of course he has to take a share of the responsibilty but I would back him to get us back up.

Archived