IGNORED

Gillespie

Ecko

Gillespies' problem is mirrored by others at AG, including Bridges.

He needs games to get match fit and in form and we can't give him enough reserve games, so the minute he hits the first team, it's poo or bust and he's either great or awful.

Long term, the only solution is to join a decent reserve league, in the short term, loans are the only way.

Gillespies' problem is mirrored by others at AG, including Bridges.

He needs games to get match fit and in form and we can't give him enough reserve games, so the minute he hits the first team, it's poo or bust and he's either great or awful.

Long term, the only solution is to join a decent reserve league, in the short term, loans are the only way.

I don't mind admitting I don't think Gillespie is quite good enough, however there is one significant difference between him and Bridges, he is 21 and as he scores goals in every loan spell at Cheltenham he has at least proved he can do it one level down and is young enough to maybe still improve, Bridges is 27 going on 40, has a career that has been on the slide for five years and does not score goals, even for our reserves (which is a rather major weakness for a striker).

I back Johnson but of all the loan departures Gillespie's makes the least sense to me, he has more pace than our other front players and unless we get someone significantly better than him I would have thought he'd be an ideal sub.

I don't mind admitting I don't think Gillespie is quite good enough, however there is one significant difference between him and Bridges, he is 21 and as he scores goals in every loan spell at Cheltenham he has at least proved he can do it one level down and is young enough to maybe still improve, Bridges is 27 going on 40, has a career that has been on the slide for five years and does not score goals, even for our reserves (which is a rather major weakness for a striker).

I back Johnson but of all the loan departures Gillespie's makes the least sense to me, he has more pace than our other front players and unless we get someone significantly better than him I would have thought he'd be an ideal sub.

he is only 20 years old and that is two goals in less than 90 minutes!

Guest Harry Dolman

he is only 20 years old and that is two goals in less than 90 minutes!

I have mixed feelings about Gilly, yes he's young & could improve but the truth is, when he plays, I never expect him to score. He has actually had quite a few good chances & usually fails to take them without really making the keeper make a great save.

His work rate & commitment is excellent & I sometimes wonder if he wouild do better as an attacking midfielder (not a winger) than an out & out striker.

If Rovers were offered that i think they'd bite your hands off

Hang on, i thought Agogo was meant to be a great player?

Surely someone's going to offer more than 100k. plus Gillespie. :dunno:

If he's any good there must be interest higher up than City, and if there isn't perhaps he's not all the EP crack him up to be.

This rumour is all down to local hype. If Agogo played for Carlisle or Mansfield, we'd barely have heard of him and he'd be nowhere near top of our list as a goalscoring saviour. :grr:

Guest sprout1883

Hang on, i thought Agogo was meant to be a great player?

Surely someone's going to offer more than 100k. plus Gillespie. :dunno:

If he's any good there must be interest higher up than City, and if there isn't perhaps he's not all the EP crack him up to be.

This rumour is all down to local hype. If Agogo played for Carlisle or Mansfield, we'd barely have heard of him and he'd be nowhere near top of our list as a goalscoring saviour. :grr:

shows what a history of bringing good strikers can do for a players rep at BRFC.

You've got to remeber he's over 24 and only has 6 months on his contract

What's the common denominator of all three City players that scored last night (Lita, Roberts, Gillespie) ??????

They all have PACE.

How I miss the Wilson era when we actually had wingers, full-backs and a striker with pace, we used to frighten teams.

Agreed 100%. Gillespie should not be on loan; he is an option we don't possess as Cotterill is not an answer as a make-shift striker and looks totally unhappy until he is moved out to the wing.

I only hope City get a striker in over the next 24 hours on the same terms as Noble - loan with a view to permanent move in January.

Hopefully someone substantial like Holt or Hawley so this horrendous Agogo rumour can be put to bed.

He'll no doubt have been 'snapped up' by someone else by the time we're looking again. :pray:

Agreed 100%. Gillespie should not be on loan; he is an option we don't possess as Cotterill is not an answer as a make-shift striker and looks totally unhappy until he is moved out to the wing.

Agree Gillespie should not be out on loan. :angry:

Cotterill though IS a striker, not a winger, and i wouldn't dismiss him without first seeing him alongside a big striker, although this may be a season too soon in any case.

He's definitely not the answer with what we have available to play up front with him at the moment, even though he is amongst our leading goalscorers. :w00t:

Archived