IGNORED

Another Central Midfielder

Bristol Boy

Unless Johnson changes tack and goes for my favoured option, a 3-5-2, we now have the following:

Russell

Noble

Brown

Skuse

Wilkshire

Orr

Smith G

Harley

vying for two positions.

OK Skuse is a CB really.

I don't know what Orr is & Harleys on loan.

Please don't anyone tell me that Wilkshire & Brown are wide left players........or right come to that :angry:

I reckon at least three of the above are heading out on loan or permanentlyin January.

Perhaps Noble, Russell & Wilkshire in a three, or will he flog Wilkshire in the window to get some transfer funds?

Please don't anyone tell me that Wilkshire & Brown are wide left players........or right come to that :angry:

I reckon at least three of the above are heading out on loan or permanentlyin January.

Brown may not be a natural left midfield player but he can do a good job in there. Do you need to put that right, i havn't said he IS a wide left player?

Guest redphilc

Unless Johnson changes tack and goes for my favoured option, a 3-5-2, we now have the following:

I hope whatever formation/system/tactics Johnson chooses that he doesn't choose them because of what is written on this forum.

If he chooses 3-5-2 I am most confident he will not have done it because you have suggested it.

When Wilkshire has played on the left he has always looked a threat and been able to link up very well with the central players and with the strikers.

Of all the players that you listed none of them are good enough to control the middle of the field (can't really comment on Russell as I havent seen anything of him) so I think a tackling midfielder is top of my wish-list.

I don't really think with five accross the midfield we will be able to get much more grip of a game as our midfielders are well below par. We don't really have a left wing back, and still don't have a very good 3 man midfield, Scott murray as a RWB is maybe his best position but he hasn't really been on great form.

Even if we switch to 352 then we still desparately need a central midfielder anyway.

Russell

Noble

Brown

Skuse

Wilkshire

Orr

Smith G

Harley

vying for two positions.

OK Skuse is a CB really.

I don't know what Orr is & Harleys on loan.

Perhaps Noble, Russell & Wilkshire in a three, or will he flog Wilkshire in the window to get some transfer funds?

The only decent midfielders there are wilkshire, brown and maybe russell when hes fully fit but he isn't proven, and Noble although he isn't at a big club do not be fooled the guy has alot of qualities. Just what we do need, Him and wilkshire in the middle for me! Get skuse out, hes not ready.

I would have thought it would be preferable to have a good, solid, hard-tackling defensive midfielder in the Doherty vein.

The team is crying out for a Makelele-type character who can break up opposition play and protect the back four.

... and stay sober.

Archived