IGNORED

The Team Tinnion Got Rid Of...

Rule The Waves

My old chap did this on the weekend.

Basically, look at the players Tinnion got rid of:

Can't remember the goalies name, but we had him on trial from Spurs and he is now at a Championship club?

Tony Butler

Danny Coles

Matt Hill

Mickey Bell

Tommy D.

Tony Dinning

Goodfellow

Ammaaannnnnkkkwwwaaaaahhhhhhh

Lita

Heffernan / Miller

Now, if you put that 10 + a semi-competent goalie against our current starting 11 I think they would give us a hiding.

Ripped the club to shreds he did.

Guest Harry Dolman

My old chap did this on the weekend.

Basically, look at the players Tinnion got rid of:

Can't remember the goalies name, but we had him on trial from Spurs and he is now at a Championship club?

Tony Butler

Danny Coles

Matt Hill

Mickey Bell

Tommy D.

Tony Dinning

Goodfellow

Ammaaannnnnkkkwwwaaaaahhhhhhh

Lita

Heffernan / Miller

Now, if you put that 10 + a semi-competent goalie against our current starting 11 I think they would give us a hiding.

Ripped the club to shreds he did.

Of those you mention, Butler, Coles, Hill & Lita all wanted to go & the club could do little to keep them.

Most people on this forum complained about the last 2 contract extensions that Bell had, the error wasn't letting him go, but in not replacing him adequately.

Miller & Goodfellow consistently underperformed (& continue to do so for their present clubs). Doherty now has yet another long term injury.

To my mind there are 2 "that got away" - Amankwaah who some rate as the best right back in the league & Heffernan who is just what we are missing right now.

Of those you mention, Butler, Coles, Hill & Lita all wanted to go & the club could do little to keep them.

Most people on this forum complained about the last 2 contract extensions that Bell had, the error wasn't letting him go, but in not replacing him adequately.

Miller & Goodfellow consistently underperformed (& continue to do so for their present clubs). Doherty now has yet another long term injury.

To my mind there are 2 "that got away" - Amankwaah who some rate as the best right back in the league & Heffernan who is just what we are missing right now.

I agree with this.

Poor old Heff, scored before he came to us, scored when he played then we got rid of him, and he's scoring again. Amankwaah was never the same after the car crash, but i don't hear any Yeovil fans that i know of moan about him. I thought he was a real good prospect.

The keepers name was Rob Burch i think.

Tony Dinning was awful and i am glad we got rid of him, I remember last season when we played Luton away and he was subbed 20 minutes in to the first half because he was playing so poor. However the rest of the players you stated are correct.

• Admin

I agree with this.

Poor old Heff, scored before he came to us, scored when he played then we got rid of him, and he's scoring again. Amankwaah was never the same after the car crash, but i don't hear any Yeovil fans that i know of moan about him. I thought he was a real good prospect.

Heff, 3 League goals in 15 appearances for Donny.

Stewart has 4 League goals in 16 appearances but gets roundly slated on here so not sure Heff would fare much better.

....and to another poster, Burch's loan spell was ended by Johnson not Tinnion.

....and to the original poster, a bit harsh including Lita under players "Tinnion got rid of..." as I know he'd have given anything to keep Lita at the club.

Guest Harry Dolman

Heff, 3 League goals in 15 appearances for Donny.

Stewart has 4 League goals in 16 appearances but gets roundly slated on here so not sure Heff would fare much better.

....and to another poster, Burch's loan spell was ended by Johnson not Tinnion.

....and to the original poster, a bit harsh including Lita under players "Tinnion got rid of..." as I know he'd have given anything to keep Lita at the club.

If you talk to most Donny fans you get the idea that Heff has started their, much as he did here....... poorly.

Heff was a great pro & conducted himself with great dignity in a diffiuclt season here, but people forget he did miss a lot of chances before he got dropped. Notwithstanding that I reckon it would have been a decent gamble to keep him as the club must have had an inkling that Lita was on his way.

In defence of Tinnion: He was only doing what Gary Johnson is trying to do (or will do in January) which is bring in his own players who will play his brand of football the way he sees it. He got rid of players he didn't rate - or in the case of Tommy didn't communicate with. Every manager tries to do this. Look at the much used Alex Ferguson example - he was almost out of the door at Man U before he got it together.

Against Tinnion: The stats don't lie. Under Wilson we finished credibly and consistently high in the league. Under Tinnion we slumped dramatically. He was out of his depth and to a lesser extent out of control. When that happens you may have to look higher in the food chain for an explanation.

Answering the Miller issue: Everytime I bump into my scottish mate who's a Hearts fan who mentions Lee Miller and how he thanks City for letting him go back up there. He then laments the Russian influence for letting him go to Dundee Utd. He's the bloke I'd sign back out of all of them

So to answer the question: Yes. We'd lose 4-1 IMHO.

Guest walshy__shuffle

Was the keepers name was Boaz Myhill?... now at Hull.

Agree that Heffernan is what we are missing right now and the deal with Doncaster should never have happened because it was obvious that Lita would be leaving.... no hindsight about it, it was a shortsighted decision.

Bell, Miller, Doherty, Dinning, Goodfellow, Amankwah all needed to go. Not alot he could have done about Hill, Coles, Butler and Lita. The problem has been in the replacing them with inferior players/players not playing to their capability/record.

W__S

Guest Harry Dolman

In defence of Tinnion: He was only doing what Gary Johnson is trying to do (or will do in January) which is bring in his own players who will play his brand of football the way he sees it. He got rid of players he didn't rate - or in the case of Tommy didn't communicate with. Every manager tries to do this. Look at the much used Alex Ferguson example - he was almost out of the door at Man U before he got it together.

Against Tinnion: The stats don't lie. Under Wilson we finished credibly and consistently high in the league. Under Tinnion we slumped dramatically. He was out of his depth and to a lesser extent out of control. When that happens you may have to look higher in the food chain for an explanation.

Answering the Miller issue: Everytime I bump into my scottish mate who's a Hearts fan who mentions Lee Miller and how he thanks City for letting him go back up there. He then laments the Russian influence for letting him go to Dundee Utd. He's the bloke I'd sign back out of all of them

So to answer the question: Yes. We'd lose 4-1 IMHO.

But interestingly, after a decent start, Miller is really struggling at Dundee Utd now isn't he. Not sure if he is even making the bench. Apologies in advance if he's injured but I am sure not so long ago I saw something about his boss saying that he hoped that fact that he'd been dropped from the Scotland squad would gee him up a bit.

That's a myth if ever I heard one! Butler was the only one who wanted to go to move nearer his Cheshire home which is fair enough. Hill was reluctant to sign a new contract with Tinnion in charge and Colesy plain right hated the man but never wanted to leave.

As for Lita, he never stated he wanted to go but the club cashed in on their only asset when they may as well refused all offers until the January window when we could've got more for him then. If we were struggling he may have signed a new deal if we're doing well, who knows... :dunno:

Guest Harry Dolman

That's a myth if ever I heard one! Butler was the only one who wanted to go to move nearer his Cheshire home which is fair enough. Hill was reluctant to sign a new contract with Tinnion in charge and Colesy plain right hated the man but never wanted to leave.

As for Lita, he never stated he wanted to go but the club cashed in on their only asset when they may as well refused all offers until January window when we could've got more for him then if we were struggling or he may have signed a new deal if we're doing well. Who knows... :dunno:

I can't agree.

Coles was never the same player from the day we turned down Cardiffs £500K offer. When he signed for Hull he publicly said, he wanted to leave 12 months earlier.

Hill signed a contract with a get out clause - how do you know that was down to Tinnion ?? Maybe he would have insisted on the clause regardless of who was in charge - as he knew CCC clubs were chasing him.

Re Lita he was fulsome in his praise for Tinnion. The club decided to take a million which was a decent offer. Yes we would could have kept him till Jan, but if anything his value would have diminished as he'd only have 6 months on his contract (in a similar situation Luke Beckett went for £50K after years of scoring goals at this level).

The truth is we don't know, we could've kept Lita but for a club like us £1m is almost impossible to decline.

I can't agree.

Coles was never the same player from the day we turned down Cardiffs £500K offer. When he signed for Hull he publicly said, he wanted to leave 12 months earlier.

Hill signed a contract with a get out clause - how do you know that was down to Tinnion ?? Maybe he would have insisted on the clause regardless of who was in charge - as he knew CCC clubs were chasing him.

Re Lita he was fulsome in his praise for Tinnion. The club decided to take a million which was a decent offer. Yes we would could have kept him till Jan, but if anything his value would have diminished as he'd only have 6 months on his contract (in a similar situation Luke Beckett went for £50K after years of scoring goals at this level).

The truth is we don't know, we could've kept Lita but for a club like us £1m is almost impossible to decline.

Ok, I agree Colesy was never the same player after we rejected Cardiff's interest but the point I'm trying to make is he would be one of the best players we had had we kept him and that he never wanted to leave.

Hill's departure was down to Tinnion's appointment. Lansdown persuaded the lad to re-sign with the ridiculous clause in his contract but he wanted out, like many others, after Wilson's departure. No surprise there as he, like Coles, Doherty, Phillips, had a very good relationship with Wilson.

Lita is considerably under the age of 23 thus his transfer value would not have been affected. If it was it would only have risen! Luke Beckett was 29 when he left Stockport after 'years of scoring in this division' so you can't really compare the two!

I agree with the final bit, £1m is alot of money to consider for a club like ours. But, it was obvious to me last year that his goals papered over the cracks in our team. If he was to be sold then Lansdown should never have sanctioned the release of Heffernan. That was plain right ridiculous in my book.

Coles, Doc, Phillips were under achievers they had numerous chances, along with the others, either they couldn't be bothered or simply weren't good enough to get us out of this woeful third division.. did they improve under Wilson? No, massively in the comfort zone like Wilson himself. Sad but true.

Said several years ago the Club was rotten to the core ....it was - still is. Tins gave it his best shot but was overwhelmed by player power.

A culture change is required from top to bottom .. tough it out .. a lonely job for the manager and a lot of pain for all along the way (yep, feeling it now) but hey no pain, no gain.

Was the keepers name was Boaz Myhill?... now at Hull.

I went up to Reading v Hull last week, and its gotta be said Myhill was outstanding.

I know Hull lost 3.1, but without him it could have been 6 or 7.

One of the best goal keeping displays i have seen in a long long time :doh:

Guest redphilc

Not really a defence though is it?

I don't think he was employed to rebuild the squad, more like "hit the ground running"?

Archived