IGNORED

The Cursed 7th Place Finish...

PhatWill

Just realised we finished in the cursed 7th position last season - everything is pointing to us getting relegated!

We might as well except the fact that we're going down and start preparing for life in League 2 with the gas.

Oh no wait a minute, judging by some of the players GJ is bringing in (the latest from league 2 Boston) and the fact he is trying to dispose of some of our best - we already are!

:crying:

Guest bristolbred

He's going to fill the squad with youngsters and mature players from the Old 4th Division so that when we drop, they'll feel at home!!.

See, the Man's ALL Heart, and has the player's welfare all ready thought of!.

:whistle::wub::whistle:

Everyone has an opinion as they are entitled to but reading this forum I get the feeling some people who profess to be City fans can't wait to see the club go down the pan. There are those who say look at Johnsons record but only look at the bits that suit them, "7 straight defeats, we're doomed" if you're going to look at a record look at the whole darn thing like 2 promotions with a minow of a club like yeovil. GJ will build a quality team here given the opportunity but until January his hands are tied to loan signings. Give the man the chance to improve the side his own way, I'll only judge him in May 07 when he's had chance to do things his way.

Everyone has an opinion as they are entitled to but reading this forum I get the feeling some people who profess to be City fans can't wait to see the club go down the pan. There are those who say look at Johnsons record but only look at the bits that suit them, "7 straight defeats, we're doomed" if you're going to look at a record look at the whole darn thing like 2 promotions with a minow of a club like yeovil. GJ will build a quality team here given the opportunity but until January his hands are tied to loan signings. Give the man the chance to improve the side his own way, I'll only judge him in May 07 when he's had chance to do things his way.

Spot on. Johnson needs time to build, what in time, will be a quality team. Unfortunately, this sequence of results, for my reckoning, ain't his fault. Tinnion's the man who built this squad and should take responsibility, along with Lansdown, for these woeful results.

I do realisitcally believe we will go down this season, but if that means Johnson gets in the players he wants and builds the team he wants then I wouldn't back against a double promotion the likes of Hull, Brighton, Rotherham have done and Swansea Southend look like doing this season.

We just need to give him time and when we get on that roll again then we'll be alright again.

phatwill seem you were fairly vocal in wanting Tinnion out having any second thoughts???!!

Not at all, and this post was certainly not aimed as a dig at Johnson - I believe he is still 100% the man for the job.

If I could have it my way then Tinnion would have been out the door after the 5-0 loss at Luton.

To an extent Johnson has his hands tied. He has a bunch of players who are over-rated but also under-performing and have been for well over a year. The only quick fix option has been to bring in loan players who Johnson thinks are up to the task. Clearly this has disrupted our progress and Johnson can't move any players on until January.

Once January comes I feel there will be several incomings and outgoings on a permanent basis, only after then will we see the beginning of a Gary Johnson side at Bristol City, only then can we really judge him.

Unlike others however, I cannot bring myself to except that relegation under any circumstance is a viable option.

It would be a disaster and GJ must aviod that outcome at all costs.

Guest Harry Dolman

Not at all, and this post was certainly not aimed as a dig at Johnson - I believe he is still 100% the man for the job.

If I could have it my way then Tinnion would have been out the door after the 5-0 loss at Luton.

To an extent Johnson has his hands tied. He has a bunch of players who are over-rated but also under-performing and have been for well over a year. The only quick fix option has been to bring in loan players who Johnson thinks are up to the task. Clearly this has disrupted our progress and Johnson can't move any players on until January.

Once January comes I feel there will be several incomings and outgoings on a permanent basis, only after then will we see the beginning of a Gary Johnson side at Bristol City, only then can we really judge him.

Unlike others however, I cannot bring myself to except that relegation under any circumstance is a viable option.

It would be a disaster and GJ must aviod that outcome at all costs.

The thing is Will, whether its "viable" or an "option" it could well be a reality.

The fact is Luton, Plymouth, Hull, Brighton, Swansea, Bournemouth, Huddersfield etc have all been relegated to Lg 2 whilst we were in Lg 1 - & they have all bounced back to be in better shape than us right now.

No-one in their right mind "wants" relegation, but if it happens its essential that we use it as a spring board as the aforementioned clubs did.

Guest ashtonyate

The thing is Will, whether its "viable" or an "option" it could well be a reality.

The fact is Luton, Plymouth, Hull, Brighton, Swansea, Bournemouth, Huddersfield etc have all been relegated to Lg 2 whilst we were in Lg 1 - & they have all bounced back to be in better shape than us right now.

No-one in their right mind "wants" relegation, but if it happens its essential that we use it as a spring board as the aforementioned clubs did.

THe problem being it could bankrupt the club if we when down how many season ticket holder would buy if were relagated we would lose a load of them.

THe problem being it could bankrupt the club if we when down how many season ticket holder would buy if were relagated we would lose a load of them.

Lansdown has already stated that if, god forbid, we did go down then the club would not go bankrupt.

But I tend to agree, the financial side of things would be a major worry. End of the day if we finish 20th this season and scrape safety then Johnson can just as easily rebuild from there - without us going down to the basement!

Archived