IGNORED

Sorry To Say, But Johnsons Not Up To It.......

mookey

I'm equally amazed and impressed at the support Johnson has had from the forum and how uncritical people have been of his 'performance' to date. Someone has to say it though, on the evidence to date, he's just not good enough.

Look at the facts.

Worst ever losing run of results

Recruitment of average/useless Loan players

No noticable game plan or tactics

Persisting with players who are not first team material (ie Skuse)

And before you say who should we replace him with, the answer is.... anyone, Absolutely anyone.

Anyone cannot do worse than lose every game.

We may as well have this conversation now or in 5 defeats time.

Johnson has exactly the same players who beat Brentford and Barnsley to pick from. All thats changed since those wins is that the players realise his 'grenade' diplomacy is all a front and in fact nothings changed. The players played for him twice and now its business as usual.

I hope I'm not right and we 'fly' after January. My worry is that we will be buried by then.

Absolute nause.

And before you say who should we replace him with, the answer is.... anyone, Absolutely anyone.

Don't those two points contradict each other a tiny (well massive) bit?

You'll happily have 'Absolutely anyone' come in. But you're not happy that Johnson brought in loanees??!!

Your argument actually boils down to 'it's Johnson's fault if we lose' which doesn't take into account a hell of a lot of factors. Hence the debate above.

I lied - I don't give up.

So the first four good displays were nothing to do with Johnson ?

How about the next 7 diabolical games ?

Nothing to do with him either ?

What is he being paid for then ? Who the hell is the manager ? Anyone know ?

:w00t::w00t:

Of course he was repsonsible for both as he was the manager in charge- that doesn't mean it was all his fault or that he deserved praise either. You seem to be missing the bigger picture and I can understand that- you are worried we are going to go down. But that may well be the price we pay for Tinnion leaving us in such a position. He is being paid to sort it out and it's going to take at least a year as Tinnion left us in a similar position to the one Pulis left us in. Lots of overpaid useless players.

I disagree. The players are not useless - just not managed properly, same as Tinnion couldn't manage them properly.

Overpaid ? Well, all footballers are overpaid when put into context with more socially useful jobs, that's just a fact of life.

I am not missing any bigger picture at all, if I had confidence in GJ I would say so. I haven't and will say so.

The players are useless. Can you honesly say Orr, Skuse, Murray, Brown, Cotteril are players that can do well in this league currently (I accept that maybe a couple of these players are young enough to become better) and that's just to name those that make the team. Some of the rest of the squad are poor too- Fortune, J.Smith, Woodman, Carey. Jury is out on certain players but those 'big' signings from the summer have been mostly poor too. They are being managed properley now and it will be better when Johnson finally has his own side.

All footballer are overpaid- ours just happen to be more overpaid than most. 2.5k a week for Murray! Half the Chesterfield squad is probably on that.

You're name sums you up pretty well. Have some faith in the guy who brought Yeovil up 2 leagues and created a fantastic foundation for them to be doing well in this league.

I'm equally amazed and impressed at the support Johnson has had from the forum and how uncritical people have been of his 'performance' to date. Someone has to say it though, on the evidence to date, he's just not good enough.

Look at the facts.

Worst ever losing run of results

No noticable game plan or tactics

Anyone cannot do worse than lose every game.

We may as well have this conversation now or in 5 defeats time.

Johnson has exactly the same players who beat Brentford and Barnsley to pick from. All thats changed since those wins is that the players realise his 'grenade' diplomacy is all a front and in fact nothings changed. The players played for him twice and now its business as usual.

I hope I'm not right and we 'fly' after January. My worry is that we will be buried by then.

i reckon as a fan you should be sacked by xmas!!!!!

Again, that is just your opinion and not based on fact. Take a look at the recent Yeovil history and talk to a fan or two. GJ hit the ground running with yeovil, they were already on a roll and he arrived at exactly the right time.

Are you dealing in fact or opinions? The above statement is surely one or two Yeovil fans opinions, not a fact.

As i live near to Yeovil i know plenty of Yeovil fans, and not once have i heard that opinion, in fact i remember reading a letter to the local paper slating GJ after a couple of months of him being in charge and the bloke saying it was the worst football he'd ever witnessed as a Yeovil fan.

He did a excellent job at Yeovil, anyone with an ounce of sense can see that, they always looked like the nearly men until he arrived, but he finally did the job.

Here's hoping history repeats itself but with City, because the first part is happening already!!

'Again, that is just your opinion and not based on fact.'

Cynic, where did I say in my posts that they are based on facts? The whole point of this discussion is opinion about Johnson. You may present me with the fact that Johnson has lost 7 etc but I interpret the facts differently to you. I see it as Tinnion's long term mess which he left and Johnson has to clear it up which will take time.

I will take issue with some of points though.

The players can't be good enough so far this season because we are 2nd bottom.

I didn't say exactly what Chesterfield were on did I? But we all know they are on a damn sight less and are doing much better- hence the overpaid comment.

I've talked to 'a fan or two' at Yeovil. They loved GJ and thought he did a great job. I don't buy this 'it was only a matter of time before Yeovil went up' crap. Johnson actually went out there and did it by getting quality players and getting rid of those who wouldn't listen to him- McIndoe etc.

'You're not going to change my opinion'- you can only take a horse to water.

'Try also looking at the history of the ancient Cynics for a clearer understanding of what the name means, rather than a modern dictionary interpretation. ' - No.

'No offence, but I really am bored with this now. Fun while it lasted, but enough now.'- me too!

Guest exiled in wiltshire

As a passionate Doncaster Rovers supporter exiled in Chippenham (nowt wrong with Chippenham!) I have followed this thread with interest. We, too, have had a very modest start to the season (in the League that is) and I have this awful feeling that you could pull something out of the bag this weekend. No real reason for saying this but you have to re-start your season sometime and it would be just our bad luck that it begins this Saturday. Gawd, I hope not and I just pray that Heffers is on fire!

But anyway, best of luck for the rest of the season, if not this Saturday! I've been waiting for some City supporter to say that you are too good to go down....so I'll say it for you!

Guest BCFC_JOHNERZ_88

correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt everyone saying last season how good he is and how prem clubs were after him?

Archived