IGNORED

Jon Parkin

Super Bob

Been suggested a few times and the wage won't be a problem.

Wouldn't surprise me but he's just had a long lay off with an injury.

I've already said that we'll have at least two new strikers on board after Jan, one big guy, one pacy and that will move to three if Stewart moves, which I think he will, whether he wants to or not!

Guest alex1089

Some Macclesfield fans say he is going to go for 350k and some say for around 150-250k. But seeing as his contract is up at the seasons end some think he will go for around 100k. Be interesting to see if we sign him or not tomorrow!

The way Johnson is speaking in the article on the main site, we're getting Bas Savage as soon as the window is open too.

Hence another good reason for getting rid of Quinn. We need cover for Brooker, a 23 year old lump should do the job.

Looks like we're waiting until January for the other problem positions then.

Guest alex1089

I think signing these sort of players like Noble(23), Parkin(if he signs and all is true) 24 etc are good moves and they are all young with talent. Shows that he does sign players with youth and hunger for the game rather than journeymen.

I think signing these sort of players like Noble(23), Parkin(if he signs and all is true) 24 etc are good moves and they are all young with talent. Shows that he does sign players with youth and hunger for the game rather than journeymen.

agreed, hence why Brooker was such a good signing.

Some Macclesfield fans say he is going to go for 350k and some say for around 150-250k. But seeing as his contract is up at the seasons end some think he will go for around 100k. Be interesting to see if we sign him or not tomorrow!

More likely to be 50k i would have thought, a 4th divison player who's out of contract at the end of the season won't fetch as much as 100k

Guest alex1089

Yeah I think that the signings from Johnson apart from Quinn have been young eager players so maybe the signing have been decent and more to come. He knows the League 2 inside out so I am sure we will see 1 or 2 decent young players who are ready for the step up come to the club. Also whose seen the Noble interview on BCFC World? Kept saying the usual "massive club" thing but sounds eager and says he will jump at the chance of signing for us.

Seems to be the striker GJ is after (see the link), 6ft 4" big lumper playing for the mighty Macclesfield.!

Did score 22 times in 44 league games last term, and can play centre half.!

http://macclesfieldtown.rivals.net/default...=2&stid=8397048

Played against us at Yeovil last week in the cup. Has been out with a bad injury for a while and was vastly overweight. Showed us last year that he is a good player when fit though.

More likely to be 50k i would have thought, a 4th divison player who's out of contract at the end of the season won't fetch as much as 100k

Not so sure, reckon the gas want more than that for Agogo.

Though not from us hopefully.

As BB says Parkin has been touted on here for a long time, and would be an excellent signing. After all our years of dwarfs up front it would make a nice change to have a battering ram Beast, especially one who scores 20 in a season. He may well prefer Oldham though.

Either way City would still need the poacher to go alongside him in January.

Mind you Brooker could be the 'small' man in that combo, with a confident and in-form returning Gillespie as back-up perhaps.

Archived