IGNORED

Wilson To Depart?

Guest Spike

Does anyone else see Danny Wilson leaving at the end of this season if things don't make a sudden U-Turn?

I mean some fans are turning thier back on him and to be fair I don't see why they shouldnt when we have lost a great player like Murray and when the cash was Spent it was spent on a Striker and a midfielder of very little or no value atall for City.

Wilkshire is always used on the right yet his position for Middlesborough was the center so i don't understand why he is being used as a right winger. I see that as a bad choice by Wilson especially when City seem to be lacking an attacking minded central midfielder!

Also there is the problem that the team is forever changing and the players don't seem to be settle because they are constantly being thrown in and out and around the team.

Does anyone else think that if Wilson cant turn things around that maybe the fans will turn completly on him and that he may leave before he is sacked or does anyone think he will be sacked before the fans become abusive towards the Board for keeping him at City so long?

And by any chance is there anyone who thinks Wilson will see another full season after this one at Ashton gate?

Like i said in an earlier post I feel sorry for Danny WIlson. I think he's a good manager, whos come to the wrong club in a very strange financial situation. When a manager like Danny Wilson comes to a club like Bristol City where the players only give %50 everygame and are out on the *** every night it just aint going to work. The jist of it is that we need to clear out nearly all of current sqaud by season and get fresh faces. I agree though, Wilson wont be here much longer.

Guest si_aston

Sometimes it's down to the manager but I can't see how things have gone so wrong this season as opposed to last season when we did so well. So Murray's gone and he was our best player top scorer blah blah but the other players should this season be putting in the effort to make up for the loss of him. The effort's just not there.

I can see results turning around and we will s####e the playoffs, then from there, who knows, but I think if we don't go up at the end of 2004-05, Dan might be on the lookout for a new job.

Guest frogred

And he was unlucky at Sheff Weds.

And if it's still true that there persists a drink culture at the club, He has had 3 years to stop it, That aint bad luck that is #### management.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

You only have too go to the works on a saturday to see the "drink culture"

BUT THESE ARE YOUNG MEN WHO DESERVE TO LIVE LIKE YOUNG MEN!

Not saying they should go overbored.

It's our stagnent squad thats half the problem, with too many thinking their better than they really are

Guest frogred

I'm sorry to say that the stagnant squad is WILSONS, He signed or brought in from the reserve team most of them now, He can't go on blaming it on a squad he inherited 3 years ago, Again like president Blair that is like still blaming the tories 6 or 7 years on down the line.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing on Radio Bristol, about our bad luck and how the opposition are solid. Every week we hear that this is going to be the match that changes the season - but this season changing match never seems to arrive.

This has got to be the weakest Division 2 for quite a few years and on present form we are really going to struggle to make the playoffs.

The trouble is I can't see anyone in wings being given a chance (Hulbert & Clist) to provide that "change in luck" that Danny is talking about. :Confused13:

The fact that this is a very average league this year coupled with the achievement of finishing third last year means that in all probability we should be there or thereabouts again, but;

the team continues to struggle against so called inferior opposition and we fail to finish off teams having taken the lead,

the manager and the team continue to show or play with any apparent purpose or pride or spirit or aggression,

this far into the season and DW appears still not to know his best team, formation and he continues to play players in what looks like the wrong position ie Wilkshire, Roberts.

We could easily win our next 5/6 games and be in 3rd or 4th at Xmas.

I am afraid if we are not top4/5 at Xmas then DW should walk. :Party12:

Archived