IGNORED

Last Nights Agm - What A Joke

samj100

For those of you who missed last nights agm, you didn't miss much. I sat through the meeting stuned at the questions the "shareholders" where asking.

"Gary do you think bladed boots are dangerous?"

Is that really the burning question of the moment? certainly not. That was probably the worst but why did people stand up and think they should be telling GJ what he should be doing, i don't know. At the end of the day GJ is up at that table because of the track record he has as a manager that's why he doesn't really need that kind of feedback from FANS at the meeting.

The meeting was for the shareholders, shareholders should be asking what is SL CS(what a joke) productively doing to turn the finacial situation of Bristol City round.

The shareholders last nite where not infact the shareholders that should have been there, they where FANS that think they can do the job better than GJ, it wasn't the time or the place.

Do we know who owns the stadium, what is the point of SL changing who owns the stadium? Those are the questions that many people over looked because they think they can run the team better. We are still none the wiser on how city we become finacialy success full, please prove me wrong if i missed anything.

You all didn't miss much, a waste of time

Splitting the running of the club and the running of the business is not some sort of con trick, this is common business practice.

The company I work for ostensibly has three different divisions working inder 1 board, but on top of that they have separate divisions running property, acquisitions, e-commerce etc. It allows you to control budgets, income streams and most importantly allow people with the right skills and knowledge to concentrate on their roles exclusively.

On top of that the board will be looking to use the restructure to help with the financing of the Company as a whole and hopefully the club in particular.

If you wanted it to be a riot and a moan fest you were always going to be disappointed, thats not the way forward and the more realistic fans know that.

And you decided not to ask these burning questions because?

Good question and one I forgot to say why, i am not a shareholder. Frankly when half the people there don't know what questions to ask at a AGM then they are not likely to be "interested" in the answer of the important questions

Which were what in your opinion?

I don't think they were worth remembering, the very first asking gary why we don't have the same team as what DW had 2 years ago, do you think bladed boots are dangerous.

I said what they were in the post any question questioning GJ as a manager and telling him how to run the team, what benifit does that have to the people in terms of how we are going to get out of this financial mess.

Guest bristolbred

For those of you who missed last nights agm, you didn't miss much. I sat through the meeting stuned at the questions the "shareholders" where asking.

Is that really the burning question of the moment? certainly not.

IF Steve Brooker misses Saturday's game through the injury he recieved last Saturday, then it actually is a "burning" question!!.

One which causes concern among player's, manager's and chairmen alike!!

:whistle:

Splitting the running of the club and the running of the business is not some sort of con trick, this is common business practice.

The company I work for ostensibly has three different divisions working inder 1 board, but on top of that they have separate divisions running property, acquisitions, e-commerce etc. It allows you to control budgets, income streams and most importantly allow people with the right skills and knowledge to concentrate on their roles exclusively.

On top of that the board will be looking to use the restructure to help with the financing of the Company as a whole and hopefully the club in particular.

If you wanted it to be a riot and a moan fest you were always going to be disappointed, thats not the way forward and the more realistic fans know that.

Absolutely, but you talk about divisions. Divisions are different to being set up as separate Limited Companies. Please explain why you think the companies need to be seperate and why they cannot operate as divisions with seperate accounting systems?

You always get a few of those.GJ had already answered that on the official site and world.Some people who attend meetings thing they HAVE to ask something to justify being there.

At times, such as last night, good advice is "better to be quiet and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and prove it"

Is that really the burning question of the moment? certainly not. That was probably the worst but why did people stand up and think they should be telling GJ what he should be doing, i don't know.

Probably because that, as shareholders & paying customers, they felt they have a right to question anyone who's not performing-Seven consequetive defeats, coupled with a perceived lack of ability & desire in the players, gives them every right to judge that he's not performing.Poor standard loans haven't helped his cause and called his judgement into question

At the end of the day GJ is up at that table because of the track record he has as a manager that's why he doesn't really need that kind of feedback from FANS at the meeting.

Nonsense-So what should they do-fall on their knees an cow-tow to the bloke.Why have the manager there, if that's the case?? A membership form for the BFP is in the post :angry:

The meeting was for the shareholders, shareholders should be asking what is SL CS(what a joke) productively doing to turn the finacial situation of Bristol City round.

They can't do much if the team's crap and FANS stop coming.I agree that Sexstone should have been grilled about the funding for the new stand after saying it was in place it turnd out not to be.Frankly, I could never see a catering company coming up with £5-8m over 10 years!!

The shareholders last nite where not infact the shareholders that should have been there, they where FANS that think they can do the job better than GJ, it wasn't the time or the place.

Rubbish.So, if they're shareholders, where was the dividend? There isn't one and never has been and if the major shareholders, who are keeping the club afloat with their money don't like this type of meeting, they should buy all of these minor shareholdering fans out.

By questioning GJ they'rr showing passion & concern.Something that GJ commented on on BCFC World.

Of course they're fans, who else would want shares in BCFC-The Glazers!!!

Do we know who owns the stadium, what is the point of SL changing who owns the stadium? Those are the questions that many people over looked because they think they can run the team better. We are still none the wiser on how city we become finacialy success full, please prove me wrong if i missed anything.

You all didn't miss much, a waste of time

The club will improve financially when we have a succesful team and not before.That means up in the top six, promotion, a tilt at the Premiership and meaningful cup runs, ala Sheff Utd under Warnock.

All things that GJ/SL has not yet delivered.

Championship clubs are losing a pile of money. Burnley are losing £20,000pw and they're not the biggest with a squad of 16 players+ youths+loans.

Cardiff, who are doing far better under Jones, attracted 9,500 for Brighton.We got that for Chesterfield and we're nigh on bottom.The Council have given them 3 months to finalise a business plan for this Stadium.Put up or Shut Up.

SL clarified Stadium ownership on World

The fans/shareholders have done their bit, it's time for some long overdue end product at BCFC.

Absolutely, but you talk about divisions. Divisions are different to being set up as separate Limited Companies. Please explain why you think the companies need to be seperate and why they cannot operate as divisions with seperate accounting systems?

I am certainly no expert in such matters, but from what I know I would say that separate companies are looked at differently by investors, Venture Capitalists, banks etc. I suppose this would allow the raising of capital against assets such as the ground and training facilities without any adverse affect on the playing side should there be problems.

But what do I know, I am just a "prawn" in the game of life as Del Trotter would say......

Good question and one I forgot to say why, i am not a shareholder. Frankly when half the people there don't know what questions to ask at a AGM then they are not likely to be "interested" in the answer of the important questions

Just Curious. If you are not a shareholder and felt its not your place to ask questions then what were you doing there. Again, not being critical just curious

Rubbish.So, if they're shareholders, where was the dividend? There isn't one and never has been and if the major shareholders, who are keeping the club afloat with their money don't like this type of meeting, they should buy all of these minor shareholdering fans out.

Well you see that companies do not have to pay out a dividend to the shareholder, they may use that money in ways that a company see's fit to improve the business. Do you seriously think if there has been a loss of almost £2m there is going to be a dividend?!!

That being the case wouldn't shareholders like to know what SL is doing with the money that you think should be paid as a dividend (that money which doesn't actually exist because we havn't made any). Therefore if those sort of shareholders would have bin at the AGM we wouldn't of had a whole night of team selection questions because there would have been a mixture of team and financial questions.

thank you luke,

your response bristol boy??

I could be wrong, but I think that what Brisdtol Boy is saying is that because there was no dividend, never has been and never will be (?....) the people there were always going to be fans and as such the reason for their buying shares is likely to be so that they can get more of an insight into the football side of the club.

This was my motivation I must say. Although I wouldn't ask questions about "Razor Studs..."

Luke is quite correct in stating that the majority of shareholders are fans, however their motivation for share ownership is not in wanting to gain any insight into the running of the club, but to have responded to the need for funding the club in the past, such as in 1982 when I bought in.

Those who do want an insight are in the minority, yet own the greatest number of shares collectively.

Stephen

Luke is quite correct in stating that the majority of shareholders are fans, however their motivation for share ownership is not in wanting to gain any insight into the running of the club, but to have responded to the need for funding the club in the past, such as in 1982 when I bought in.

Those who do want an insight are in the minority, yet own the greatest number of shares collectively.

Stephen

Fair point i suppose, i was just very disapointed that the people there that night could not see the bigger picture at this precise moment which may seem our current results it is in fact our current finacial situation. We could potentially loose our stadium and people want to know about bladed boots. Can you see my disapproval?

The post by NickJ will tell you more if you havn't seen it yet although it has been but back in the forum, go have a look.

Archived