IGNORED

Signings Already Lined Up

heathma

In the evening post Gary Johnson has said

We have some qualitly players lined up to come to us in January and because they are quality types clubs wont just let them out on loan

So we werent able to bring in the ones we were looking at by yesterdays deadline

We have a hitlist of very good players were looking at to join us and judge me on those players and when we get them in

i think we have to trust him on this one and do as he says judge him when he has got these players in. i am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt up until now as no one will loan out quality players as everyone wants the wonga in the bank not loans and 'views to permenant transfers'. it would certainly explain why he has gone about slashing the wage bill in the last month leaving the squad thin as it gives him scope for a january recruitment drive. if we get 3 or 4 quality additions in january things could take on a whole new feeling.

lets just hope that they are quality with the potential to improve and not journeymen who don't addd value to the squad, as they could bring it all together for us. may be one of the permenant signings will be this finnish holding player from cardiff as alex russell cant be much cop in training if he cant oust skuse the way he is performing at present!! maybe agogo or holt for extra stiker we need. we are also crying out for a left midfielder though and have been since DW departed. i wouldnt rule out a one or two from yeovil as i beleive there are a few there out of contract in the summer.

Well i hope he does get some decent signings in, which I'm pretty sure he will, he is a good manager, and when he gets his players in, i think we will definately move up the table.

Well, he's now got FIVE in on loan in Noble, Savage, Sankofa, Youga & Joseph, so that's almost half a team!!

I've already said that, imcluding the 6 already on loan, bar Keogh, there could be as many as 15 out with 4-6 in.

Never dull here, is it?? :laugh:

Guest Legend City Man

But these great players.. Why would they wanto come to Bristol City, we are nearly bottom of the league, wouldnt these players want to gotto a better club?

But these great players.. Why would they wanto come to Bristol City, we are nearly bottom of the league, wouldnt these players want to gotto a better club?

I'm sure we're all intelligent and realistic enough to appreciate that GJ can only attract a certain pedigree of players.

The most important thing for me will be that they are the right type of player and that they are willing to work for their new boss. Key positions will need to be filled if we're to have any balance in the side.

I also have a suspicion that Johnson wants more height and strength in the team and that we might sign some big players in stature if not big players in reputation.

Archived