IGNORED

We Have Never Lost 8 In Row Before !

headhunter

If we lose today it will be the first time in the club's history that it has ever lost 8 competitive games in row. That really does sum up the "state we are in" as the Chariman put it at Thursday's AGM.

Yes, we have lost 7 league games in a row [31/32, 70/71, 94/95] and in my 38 years of supporting we've been into double figures on more than one occasion without winning a game.

I'm one of the 500 in the Williams to be afftected by Sexstone's premier seats initiative and unfortunately that has gone another step to extinguishing my 38 year love affair with the club.

If we lose today it will be the first time in the club's history that it has ever lost 8 competitive games in row. That really does sum up the "state we are in" as the Chariman put it at Thursday's AGM.

Yes, we have lost 7 league games in a row [31/32, 70/71, 94/95] and in my 38 years of supporting we've been into double figures on more than one occasion without winning a game.

I'm one of the 500 in the Williams to be afftected by Sexstone's premier seats initiative and unfortunately that has gone another step to extinguishing my 38 year love affair with the club.

Ditto for me; please do something.............

I think that will extend to 10 consequestive defeats and you have to ask how long the Board will allow this to go on.

I'm not joking :ph34r:

What can the board do about it? Pay off another manager and be left with no money to get a decent replacement - we'd be lucky to afford Bobby Gould or Russell Osman.

Any new manager would also be faced with the same problems, an inability to bring new players in until January and a "team" of players who haven't played for two very different managers.

Also, GJ has signings lined up in January, so the board are never going to get rid now.

Also, GJ has signings lined up in January, so the board are never going to get rid now.

I'm sorry but it will be too late come January, and what happens if all this talk of new signing turns into more brilliance of the Baz Savage, Kelly Youga standard.

We are going down and this club is going to go belly up, this is why SL and KD are safe guarding there money by taking ownership of the ground.

The rocky road has started and will only end when we are like rovers were playing at twerton!

Read the quotes by GJ, clubs will not allow quality players out on loan. I'm sure GJ will add to his club with better quality players in January.

I'm sorry but it will be too late come January, and what happens if all this talk of new signing turns into more brilliance of the Baz Savage, Kelly Youga standard.

We are going down and this club is going to go belly up, this is why SL and KD are safe guarding there money by taking ownership of the ground.

The rocky road has started and will only end when we are like rovers were playing at twerton!

How do you know it'll be too late half way through the season?

Don't predict our permanent signings based on loanees, it's a completely different scenario.

Guest Bristol Red Rover

How do you know it'll be too late half way through the season?

Too late for what? Getting promoted?

Your club is in a rebuild/restructure phase, if it's wise anyway. You have to think forwards and if you survive League 1 this year, excellent. If you go down, enjoy it - no one is too big to drop a league or two. You'll be back soon enough and if you stick with GJ you'll be in the CCC.

Just think how great it'll be when you win!

Seems you were lucky today ;-)

We've been a likely for relegation all season Tinnions cock up crew, or with Johnson.

Problems have not been addressed till its too late, and now they have come home to roost. Wonderson & Tinman, failed to sort out the defensive weaknesses, the lack of defending set pieces, a poor midfield, a generally poor strike force (Lita & Brookerman excepted) the drinking/extracting the urine of our *ahem* talented squad, and the general p1ss poor state of Bristol football in general- no real competitiveness, both sets of players in a big club in their league comfort zone.

You cannot blame Johnson for all this mess we're in. The players don't like the regime, and are hoping for a change. time to get rid of a whole load of em.

We're one of the four clubs going down, as are Pig Town, and probably the Dung too. Reality, grasp it, it aint nice, but its going to happen.

Time for us to learn the ways of hunger, passion, pride- looks like sadly relegation is going to be what it takes to ignite it. Absorb, learn, and apply............

Are y'all going to be there, cos I will................CTID, forever!!

Too late for what? Getting promoted?

Your club is in a rebuild/restructure phase, if it's wise anyway. You have to think forwards and if you survive League 1 this year, excellent. If you go down, enjoy it - no one is too big to drop a league or two. You'll be back soon enough and if you stick with GJ you'll be in the CCC.

Just think how great it'll be when you win!

Seems you were lucky today ;-)

Whilst i like the idea of storming back up through League 2 next season, i just can't convince myself it would happen. As the club have probably never even considered relegation, a financial crisis would be a likely result.

I have a feeling we'd be down for a while.

Archived