IGNORED

These God Awful Players

Bristol Boy

Something's just crossed my mind.

If, in all seriousness, Johnson's right and "this bunch of players" on which "he can't be judged" are that bad....how come we beat two of the better teams, Brentford & Barnsley, scoring six and conceeding two, with only ONE loan player, Sankofa, out of the 32 players that were selected/on the bench.

Answers please.

If, in all seriousness, Johnson's right and "this bunch of players" on which "he can't be judged" are that bad....how come we beat two of the better teams, Brentford & Barnsley, scoring six and conceeding two, with only ONE loan player, Sankofa, out of the 32 players that were selected/on the bench.

Answers please.

New manager effect. Happens at most clubs when a new manager comes in, except the Rovers! Didn't cover up the long term problems.

Answers please.

Because he's a crap manager?

Is that what you want to read?

He isn't a crap manager, judging his fate already?

Yes i agree, he has made some poor tactical decisions recently eg. one striker system, letting gillespie go, but the way the players act and their attitude is down to them, they are professionals remeber. The first four games we played good football, good shape with 'that team' so it must be down to them. Ever since 'the incident' this team has been poor proving that the actions of the 'players' have had a massive effect on the team. I won't blame tinnion, he had the same problem, but the players he let go, aaron brown, no left footed winger, matt hill, best defender at club....money? 100,000? he was worth way more than that. Tommy, Danny both solid defensive players, never replaced.

We can judge johnson on the loans, but what more can he do? Its easy to say get a defensive midfielder, winger, quick striker but he said himself no clubs want to release players and the only left wingers available, eg. aaron brown and wilcox have been judged as crap and no better by fans.

So yeah i can see flaws but the way we played vs Brentford and Barnsley suggest to me that the players have the ability and are just not doing it, sense of shame maybe...? This is the players mess and they should be taking the responsibility, not leaving kids like coterill and skuse in the firing line.

Answers please.

The real problem is because of these crazy transfer windows, Teams (even teams worse than us) don't want to let players go, So we are only ever going to pick up out of favour players and young players (whose clubs want them too gain experience). Get used to it.

Now i'll ask you a question, Look at the loan signings on deadline day and before, Was there any real significant loans of quality players, Please don't say Willcox his injury record is only slightly better than Mrs Bridges.

Guest sprout1883

You can't do what GJ has done and barge in and call the whole squad cr*p publicly. How is that going to make players want to perform for you knowing they could be slagged off in the press at any given opportunity

The real problem is because of these crazy transfer windows, Teams (even teams worse than us) don't want to let players go, So we are only ever going to pick up out of favour players and young players (whose clubs want them too gain experience). Get used to it.

Now i'll ask you a question, Look at the loan signings on deadline day and before, Was there any real significant loans of quality players, Please don't say Willcox his injury record is only slightly better than Mrs Bridges.

Let's,for the purpose of debate, accept your argument and say that better loan signings aren't available.

Nobody has ever said that it is compulsory to bring in loan players.

THE MAIN POINT I'VE MADE IS THAT WE STARTED WITH TWO VICTORIES WITH ONE LOAN PLAYER OUT OF 32 SELECTED.

If they're no better DON'T BRING THEM IN.

PERIOD :angry:

You can't do what GJ has done and barge in and call the whole squad cr*p publicly. How is that going to make players want to perform for you knowing they could be slagged off in the press at any given opportunity.

Granted, but any professional player should take criticism and just get on with it. GJ is only being honest. The only way to prove him wrong is to be better and make sure its used as a boost not as a hinderance.

Let's,for the purpose of debate, accept your argument and say that better loan signings aren't available.

THE MAIN POINT I'VE MADE IS THAT WE STARTED WITH TWO VICTORIES WITH ONE LOAN PLAYER OUT OF 32 SELECTED.

OK, So who would have played today?, i'm sure that we have one or two injuries, But, I maybe mistaken.

You have your period? That explains your mood tonight.

We are bad because the players do not respect Johnson - they are scared of him. You do not respect someone you are scared of.

These players (in general) have no respect for anyone, Least of all themselves, If they did we would'nt in this position.

Look at the evidence, This current run started with the notorious night club incident (things were starting to look up) and Johnsons tough stance to this incident.

These players (in general) have no respect for anyone, Least of all themselves, If they did we would'nt in this position.

Look at the evidence, This current run started with the notorious night club incident (things were starting to look up) and Johnsons tough stance to this incident.

Well said.

Apparently because all players play well for a new manager because they want to impress him !!! That's the view of people who know their football.

Said it in another thread - JOHNSON decimated the team and we are paying for it with 8 straight defeats.

He has cocked up big style.

As the Chairman, said on Thurs.

The appt of a rookie manager, didn't work & the club has gone back 12 months.

I really feel for GJ at the moment, as he has inherited a bunch of cr@p.

A bunch of players that many fans got excited about at the begiining of the season.

GJ has got to have time to rebuild this club that has been in freefall since Cardiff.

:doh:

A bunch of players that many fans got excited about at the begiining of the season.

GJ has got to have time to rebuild this club that has been in freefall since Cardiff.

I agree with some of that but wins against Brentford & Barnsley with that same "bunch of crap," not repeated by "rebuilding" with better players, six of which he brought in, hardly adds creadence to that theory :(

I agree with some of that but wins against Brentford & Barnsley with that same "bunch of crap," not repeated by "rebuilding" with better players, six of which he brought in, hardly adds creadence to that theory :(

OK, So who would have played today?, i'm sure that we have one or two injuries, But, I maybe mistaken.

Well, let's see

Assuming, none in, none out

......................................................BASSO...........................................................................................

CAREY...............................HEYWOOD...................KEOGH.......................................WOODMAN...............

MURRAY............................RUSSELL.....................WILKSHIRE..................................SMITH.....................

.........................................BROOKER..................STEWART....................................................................

SUBS

PHILLIPS

SKUSE

COTTERILL

BRIDGES

FORTUNE

I wouldn't play 4-4-2 as is well known, but this looks a better side, to me.

Archived