IGNORED

Doncaster V Bcfc Today.....

Mr Mosquito

.........I've just got back from the game today and would like to thank Doncaster Rovers' Chairman for the free programme and £5 entrance fee to the terracing. A nice touch as was the one minute applause for George Best instead of the traditional solemn and depressing one minute silence. The half time display by those 'Viking' girls was superb - I'm in love !!!!! :wub:

As for the football - oh dear, Marcus Stewart and Steve Phillips each spent about 30 minutes in front of us warming up but neither got a game. Luke Wilkshire with some good running, tackling and passing was our best player but Sean Thornton and Michael McIndoe really dominated midfield with some classy link up play and Thornton even managed a goal line headed save. Paul Heffernan came back to haunt us with a superb goal. If only we'd signed Thornton from Sunderland as well as Stewart and Bridges. Thornton really is the midfield dynamo we've been lacking since Tommy Docherty's departure.

We didn't play that badly but just ended up losing to a better drilled and motivated side as per usual. :doh: I would normally be feeling very depressed after a result like that - but hey !!! - it was a good day out with Marcus Stewart making my young son's day by giving him his BCFC hat :)

Archived