IGNORED

Bristol Boy

samj100

Whats wrong with BB's posts? I can't see a problem. This is what the forum is for. I don't agree with some of his posts but they are valid points and worth the read. I think this is a ridiculous topic and should not have been posted. Why post a topic on here to slag off our own supporters? If anyone was that (I said a naughty word) off with BB's remarks then why did they not contact him via a personal message. Topic starter should be ashamed! :disapointed2se:

I've argued with Bristol Boy a fair bit on here and have found many of his posts well-written. I can't knock his persistance either, particularly considering his reputation. He's got a very different outlook on football than I have though.

It goes without saying, however, that when he disagrees with me, he's inevitably in the wrong.

Bristol Boys posts are a damn sight more incisive, intelligent, and lucid, than about 60% of the utter twaddle written.

Not one of you has really debated, let alone rebutted any of the arguements concerned-just resort to puerile insults.

In this instance I disagree with BB, but, shock horror, hold the front page, I can sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh whisper it now children debate it with him in an adult fashion.

Try it, debating that is, go on............. :whistle:

Oh yeah, its more fun insulting someone if you cant argue your point rationally. BB's right the forum has somewhat changed in the 3-4 years passed.

Bristol Boys posts are a damn sight more incisive, intelligent, and lucid, than about 60% of the utter twaddle written.

Not one of you has really debated, let alone rebutted any of the arguements concerned-just resort to puerile insults.

Hallelujah :pray::pray:

In this instance I disagree with BB, but, shock horror, hold the front page, I can sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh whisper it now children debate it with him in an adult fashion.

Try it, debating that is, go on............. :whistle:

Oh yeah, its more fun insulting someone if you cant argue your point rationally. BB's right the forum has somewhat changed in the 3-4 years passed.

Thanks for that.

I'm going to start another two threads soon.............just having a bit of dinner :)

They are not necessarily "hand grenades" but will see if the GJ Fan Club can clarify a few things for us :me?:

I've been campaigning about a junior forum and last night proved I'm right in that respect if nothing else. :whistle:

I've argued with Bristol Boy a fair bit on here and have found many of his posts well-written. I can't knock his persistance either, particularly considering his reputation. He's got a very different outlook on football than I have though.

It goes without saying, however, that when he disagrees with me, he's inevitably in the wrong.

Like your style. :laugh:

In terms of my outlook on football, that's an interesting point and I'll clarify it.

It's quite simple-apart from George Best my other football idol was Brian Clough who told it like it was AND proved himself right by winning a couple of European Cups and the odd League Title :whistle:

I love the beautiul game and the beautiful players like Best, Charlie Cooke, Michele Platini, Johan Cruyff and.......at a more local level, Paul Cheesley, Gerry Gow, Sean Goater, Alan Walsh, Martin Scott, Darren Barnard.......even players like Micky Bell, who were great servants to OUR club...........not some manager who'll be here "five minutes."

Football's a really simple game when played well and you can have success without being magnificent-Wimbledon are probably the best example of that and Cambridge almost equalled them in doing well with nothing, so to speak.

I demand passion, commitment, skill, fitness, pace & power in players.If not all, at least some.Above all, I expect them to have pride in wearing our shirt WHILE THEY'RE HERE.

I expect tactical nouse, contacts,man management & motivational skills in managers.

So that's my take.

Am I asking to much :dunno:

That means that you have critisized players and GJ before, I'm saying that today none of those people are really to blame for the result because of certain things that happened today. No today each person responded to their duties

Do you know why we changed our tacticts then?

I will tell you, because cotrill was playing poorly and it was a physical game not suited to him. GJ made a bold decision making the substitution and a correct one at that. That is what is ment by his role. He recognised something needed to change and did so.

If you found that performance acceptable then you've got a lot more patience than me I am afraid. Please tell me what was right about putting an off form, lacking in confidence 17 year old kid out of position on the left wing? I really would love to know the answer to that one. So all he really did, in effect, was correct the glaringly obvious mistake he made in the first place. And if Youga, Sankofa and Murray responded to their duties yesterday then relegation to the fourth division is an ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY.

what an exciting thread. can't say i bother to come on here much anymore as well it just isn't IMO any good anymore as it's too full of crap like this, but i felt compelled to post in thsi thread as BB is one of all too few posters left that are actually any good.

I have often disagreed with BB in the past but one accusation i could never level at him is that he talks crap, i may disagree with his points but they are always well made and argued. Shock horror if you disagree with him he doesn't pounce on you like a lot of people on here seem to do now, as long as you make some kind of argument to counter what he says. I have had many a debate with BB in the past in the years i have been on this forum, and i have never seen him get presonal or arsey unless you just reply with you talk crap and no qualification of your view whatsoever.

One thing that vastly annoys me is people who just post saying that you are wrong or that they disagree with no qualification of why they think that at all.

Samj i'm sorry but if you are going to try to use facts in a point make sure that they are correct, as getting those things wrong is not going to stand you in good stead in life as well it's kind of important to get facts right as well they are facts, like i don't think it would get treated very well if i submitted an Essay on WWII claiming that operation barbarosa started in 1946, as well it is just plain wrong. When using "facts" you can't get the bloody things wrong as it just makes you look like a plank.

Oh I don't know dagest, I think those comments hit the nail on the head, the kids a jerk and perhaps a few more good posters deserve a mention, but you miss the point entirely.......check the calander !

My old forum debator Bristol Boy is getting his votes up for poster of the year award, right BB ????

Thank you for your support............I'll always wear it :dance:

The real reason, is that I am utterly chessed off with the crap that I'm travelling 300 miles on a match day, to watch.

The defence is a Xmas Club and..........I'll say it again, a 40 year old journeyman could walk through our midfield in carpet slippers.

We can't defend OR attack and our passing & organisation :crying:

As soon as we conceed, (as the song goes) I might as well go home :angry:

I am sure Johnson's a nice bloke who wears his heart on his sleeve and trys to be open and honest.That doesn't make him the right bloke to drag us out of this mess to which he has contributed.

People can't have it both ways-He can't be the genitalia of a canine after Brentford & Barnsley and blameless after eight defeats on the trot and, if anyone can explain why he can, I'm all ears!!

I'm not so patronising as to assume that age confers wisdom. And I certainly don't think that because you're 17 your opinions count for nothing.

It doesn't apply in all situations and to all people, few things do, but if you quote "facts" that are patently wrong and then proceed to speak for others, you're setting yourself up.

I'm not sure how calling someone a "tedious fellow" constitutes a patronising attitude.

Hardly polite, necessary or constructive though, is it?

Lastly, I don't consider businessmen or lawyers to be the eminent professions that you do. Occupation means little in terms of intelligence or wisdom. For example, Spinoza spent his life grinding lenses.

Well, I am quite often reffered to as eminent, by others and I take it as a huge compliment.

I don't think a dumbo could study for and obtain a law degree, either.

Oh, ref Spinoza, is grinding lenses what he's remembered for? :dunno:

what an exciting thread. can't say i bother to come on here much anymore as well it just isn't IMO any good anymore as it's too full of crap like this, but i felt compelled to post in thsi thread as BB is one of all too few posters left that are actually any good.

Thanks for that

I have often disagreed with BB in the past but one accusation i could never level at him is that he talks crap, i may disagree with his points but they are always well made and argued. Shock horror if you disagree with him he doesn't pounce on you like a lot of people on here seem to do now, as long as you make some kind of argument to counter what he says. I have had many a debate with BB in the past in the years i have been on this forum, and i have never seen him get presonal or arsey unless you just reply with you talk crap and no qualification of your view whatsoever.

One thing that vastly annoys me is people who just post saying that you are wrong or that they disagree with no qualification of why they think that at all.

AMEN & BINGO. SPOT ON

Samj i'm sorry but if you are going to try to use facts in a point make sure that they are correct, as getting those things wrong is not going to stand you in good stead in life as well it's kind of important to get facts right as well they are facts, like i don't think it would get treated very well if i submitted an Essay on WWII claiming that operation barbarosa started in 1946, as well it is just plain wrong. When using "facts" you can't get the bloody things wrong as it just makes you look like a plank.

And, 24 hours later, I still haven't read one counter argument that takes on the points, one by one and gives a well thought out, rebuttal.

Blimey, twerps a bit strong isn't it? You could hurt my feelings!

There's always hope :dance:

My view, without asking anyone else,

Well done :whistle:

is that we give the manager more time. I would say perhaps until March? However, if we're already doomed by then, we stick with him for next season.

So, let me get this straight.If he looses the next eight games and we get relegated, you don't advocate a change??

I don't advocate that he walks now as you did in your original post yesterday.

Fine that's your view and you're entitled to it.

Anyway, today's a new day let's hope we can all reflect a bit. Who knows (?) we may all be laughing at the end of the season.

Well, I hope you're right but having just listened to Johnson on World he seemed like a beaten man with nothing new to say and very few answers.

I am sure Johnson's a nice bloke who wears his heart on his sleeve and trys to be open and honest.That doesn't make him the right bloke to drag us out of this mess to which he has contributed.

People can't have it both ways-He can't be the genitalia of a canine after Brentford & Barnsley and blameless after eight defeats on the trot and, if anyone can explain why he can, I'm all ears!!

Well, I am quite often reffered to as eminent, by others and I take it as a huge compliment.

What I think Johnson has done wrong is attempt to change too much too soon. He should have let things be and quietely moved the players out. The problem now is that hes lost the dressing room - its obvious to see that the players don't want to play for him.

In the long run if the players he has identified as not being fit to wear the shirt were let go over a period of a year or so - and quality replacements bought in over the same period then at least we could see which way the club was moving.

Now we are in free fall - certainties for relegation - unless there is a massive turnarond. It wont happen with the current squad - so we have to wait till January to see who he brings in and who leaves for good.

Personally I cant see us staying up - BUT if he manges to keep us in the division I think we will be better for it. The problem is we need stability in the managers position and in the team as well.

I don't see how sacking him would make any difference - in the long term I'm convinced keeping him will.

What I think Johnson has done wrong is attempt to change too much too soon. He should have let things be and quietely moved the players out. The problem now is that hes lost the dressing room - its obvious to see that the players don't want to play for him.

Agreed

In the long run if the players he has identified as not being fit to wear the shirt were let go over a period of a year or so - and quality replacements bought in over the same period then at least we could see which way the club was moving.

Man Management they call it

Now we are in free fall - certainties for relegation - unless there is a massive turnarond. It wont happen with the current squad - so we have to wait till January to see who he brings in and who leaves for good.

That's the really tricky bit.

Personally I cant see us staying up - BUT if he manges to keep us in the division I think we will be better for it. The problem is we need stability in the managers position and in the team as well.

I don't see how sacking him would make any difference - in the long term I'm convinced keeping him will.

Good points.

I think DW's period ( and I was no great fan) showed what could be done with stability and I'm prepared to stand up and say, that while he should have got us promoted with that much time and investment, sacking him is looking like a big mistake, in hindsight.

From where we are now- we need points-not style, stability or anything else-just points :(

Archived