IGNORED

Ashton Gate Stadium

zideread

With all this splitting the playing side from the asset side of the club comes some very serious implications!

This now means the football club is solely dependant on revenue raised by attendance or a wealthy benefactor who is willing to put his money in the club and see no return. Given our current form and position what would you budget the wage structure on for next season crowds of 6000?, 7000?, 8000?.

If we are relegated which is looking increasing likely what do you budget for then? 4000?, 5000?, 6000? they know how many are watching games at the momment and it nowhere near the figure thay give out.

First to go will be the academy, I am a fan of the academy but how would the club be able to pay for it without it impacting on the playing side.

Players we would now recruit would have to fit into a tight wage structure, again this is nothing out of the ordinary, so no more of this being able to attract players from clubs in the same league or above with wages etc.

If the club budgets itself based on crowds of 7000 and we only achieve crowds of 6000 and less, and they cannot afford the rent the stadium can then evict the club legaly for defaulting on the rent. Where would this leave us??

Now you can slag me off for being a doom merchant or whatever, but I am catching a wiff of something truley bad eminatting from the boardroom, and I don't like it.

As to the playing side what will happen in January??? why is everything suddenly going to change??

Sure GJ may be able to bring some new players to the club, but is there really going to money available to buy quality? or is GJ's idea of quality what he has brought to the club already? How far adrift will we be come January if things keep progressing as they are and GJ keeps telling the players they are not good enough and they are going to be replaced come January?

We will have 21 games left come January the 1st, it took 51 points to stay in the division last year and the couple of seasons previous to that. Whilst there will be enough games left we have almost conceded half the goals Stockport conceeded all last season, they also had a run of 8 straight defeats, although this came near the end, and we have only won 4 of 19 games so far and lost 11 of those.

We need to start winning and we need to start winning now, the stark reality is we will go down otherwise.

To end I still believe GJ can be a good manager for Bristol City, but this magical january stuff is starting to grate and get on my nerves, Please get on with your job of managing and get this group of players winning now.

Keep the faith children as I fear it could be a turbullent couple of years coming up for the club.

:city::englandsmile4wf::city: CITY TILL I DIE :city::englandsmile4wf::city:

Archived