IGNORED

My Weekend

robins72

Well why you guys were happily supporting city at Doncaster I made my way to Luton to watch championship football v Crystal Palace. What a refreshing change that was! A team that steam rollered the division last season seservedly getting promoted and riding high in the championship.

Mike Newell has done a fantastic job on a shoestring and is a god to the Luton fans. Oh how it was only a few seasons ago that they were struggling in what is now league two football have changed from hoofers football to neat passing and a hard unit who never gave up to the final whistle.

This made me reliase what we are missing at the gate. We just cant perform as team. We have too many individuals who can perform for their respective countries liek Wilkshire PArtridge and Cotterill but when they play as a group it just doesnt happen.

looking at the table we deserve our lowely position but at not doomed by a long way. Yes we are 20 points from top of the table, but the bottom half hasnt really moved and IF Johnson can install some confidence into the players he wants to stay at the club before Christmas, and bring in the faces that will strengthen our squad, there is every reason why we can stay in this league for another season.

I'm just hoping and praying the next 9 days the players are applying themselves with the same attitudes as their loyal supporters do.

:city:

Guest bristolbred

Well why you guys were happily supporting city at Doncaster

Both the Goblin and I were very happy enjoying the delights of the "Earth" Stadium!!.

Met Heffernen before the game, along with a couple of other Donny Players, who were very sociable and took time off to chat with the Opponents Supporters!!

And the Donny Chairman was also very sociable!!

Think Lansdown could take a leaf out of his book when it comes to dealing with the Clubs supporters!!.

Great day out, despite the result, but it could of been worse, as we had to weather a second half barrage for 15 mins!!

;););)

I went to the Withdean yesterday also to watch championship level footbal. What a joke! I sat with the away fans (Derby) as I cannot stand Brighton. That was the worst game I have witnessed since watching City away at Brentford last season. It just makes me realise how much City mean to all of us, watching a player progress (or not) and belonging to a club. Anyway, the game was awful. Derby hoofing the ball and being physical whilst Brighton were all under five feet high (!) and couldn't make a tackle to save thier lives. I am glad I am a City fan. I know it will get better sooner or later.

p.s. The Derby away support does not even compare with ours. You could hear a pin drop. Oh how I wished I had gone up to Doncaster yeasterday, even if it was a loss.

Both the Goblin and I were very happy enjoying the delights of the "Earth" Stadium!!.

Met Heffernen before the game, along with a couple of other Donny Players, who were very sociable and took time off to chat with the Opponents Supporters!!

And the Donny Chairman was also very sociable!!

Think Lansdown could take a leaf out of his book when it comes to dealing with the Clubs supporters!!.

Great day out, despite the result, but it could of been worse, as we had to weather a second half barrage for 15 mins!!

;););)

It was really cold yesterday and windy!!! I guess you all got wet in Donny and miserable :(

Guest DrFaustus

It was really cold yesterday and windy!!! I guess you all got wet in Donny and miserable :(

Not at all, it was dry and cheery in Horfield. Thanks for asking sweetie. :D

Guest bristolbred

It didn't rain during the Game!!

And you don't feel the Cold after a Cider or Two!!

Enjoyable day out despite the scoreline!!

;););)

I went to the Withdean yesterday also to watch championship level footbal. What a joke! I sat with the away fans (Derby) as I cannot stand Brighton. That was the worst game I have witnessed since watching City away at Brentford last season. It just makes me realise how much City mean to all of us, watching a player progress (or not) and belonging to a club. Anyway, the game was awful. Derby hoofing the ball and being physical whilst Brighton were all under five feet high (!) and couldn't make a tackle to save thier lives. I am glad I am a City fan. I know it will get better sooner or later.

p.s. The Derby away support does not even compare with ours. You could hear a pin drop. Oh how I wished I had gone up to Doncaster yeasterday, even if it was a loss.

Oh dear there was more atmosphere at Lutons ground than at ashton gate this season. THere was an interesting song about Tony Thorpes mother too which was most amusing :laugh:

Not at all, it was dry and cheery in Horfield. Thanks for asking sweetie. :D

YEs I see the gas won yesterday so your not as consistent as us. I am jealous!!! :laugh:

Archived